Excel Insert Page Break (Table of Contents)
Excel Insert Page Break
- Excel page break are dividers which break a sheet into parts. When we print a page in Microsoft Excel the data can be divided into parts. Page breaks are like separators in excel. It separates data in many parts.
- While printing an excel sheet, how do we separate page in parts? Suppose we need the data to print on different pages. We cannot have that done while having the data in different worksheets every time. If it is a large data we cannot have the data every time separately.
- Here comes an excel page break for our help. How we use excel page break we will learn in this topic.
- There is an option in the page layout tab under the page setup section there is an option for breaks. Have a look at the screenshot below.
There are Two Options in Breaks
- Insert Page Break
- Remove Page Break
Insert page break is to insert a new page break in any data while remove page breaks removes the break we gave already.
How to Insert Page Break in Excel?
To use page breaks we need to perform the following steps:
- Select the first Row.
- Click on Breaks in the page layout tab under the page setup section.
- Check for print preview.
Let us learn how to Insert a page break in excel with a few examples by following the above steps.
- Suppose we have the following data in our worksheet.
- We want both the set of tables printed separately. If we currently print the sheet we can see that it prints the whole table together. Press the CTRL + P and check.
- To insert a page break, Select a row from where we want to begin a new page.
- In the page layout Tab, under page setup section click on Breaks, We have three options popped up. Click on Insert Page Break.
- Here’s how our data looks like now.
4. Now check for print preview.
5. This is for the first page,
6. Click on the Second page to see the print preview.
7. The second data set is in the print preview.
- We have a second set of data to be printed. Which is as below. We want the first set to be printed on the first page while the second set in another.
- First, we select the row from where we want to insert a page break.
- Now in the Page Layout Tab, under the page setup section, click on Breaks and click on Insert Page Break.
- Let us look at the Data First.
- Now we will check for the print preview and click the CTRL + P.
5. This is the first page as we can see below,
4.9 (3,032 ratings)
6. Now click on the second page to view the second set of data.
7. We can see that in the print preview our second set of data is printed.
- Now let us try with three sets of data. Have a look at the data below.
- Select the first row for the page break.
- In the Page Layout Tab, under the page setup section click on Breaks.
- Now click on Insert Page Break.
- In the print preview, we can see that the first set is printed independently while the rest two are together.
- To Confirm we can see below that it is page 1 of print preview.
- Now if we click on 2 we can see the second page of print preview.
- The second preview looks like this.
- We want to break the rest two tables on different pages also. So we again select the first row for page break between the second and third tables.
- Now in the Page Layout Tab under the page setup section click on Breaks.
- Now click on Insert Page Break.
- Now if we check for print preview we can see that there are now three different pages.
- If we directly go on the third page we can see that the third table is also being printed independently.
- Below is the screenshot for the print preview of the third data set.
Things to Remember About Excel Insert Page Break
- Always remember to select the first row before inserting any page break.
- Also, do not forget to check for a print preview to see if the page breaks are correct or not.
- We have already discussed why do we use page breaks in excel. It is because we want the data to be printed separately from one another.
- There is an option in the page layout tab under the page setup section there is an option for breaks.
This has been a guide to Excel Insert Page Break. Here we discussed How to use Excel Insert Page Break along with practical examples. You can also go through our other suggested articles –