Updated March 31, 2023
Difference Between Enscape vs Lumion
Enscape is a real-time rendering and virtual reality plugin that works for commercial purposes and focuses on rendering architecture, engineering, and construction design models. It is based on self-developed rendering optimization as well as GPU-controlled rendering processing (without losing details of structure) for architectural visualization. Lumion is also beautiful and easy-to-use 3D rendering software which gives real-life experiences for your architectural designs and model. It has a large content library through which you can present your exterior, interior, urban designs, or landscape designing in a very beautiful manner. So let us have a good analysis of both software so that we can have a good understanding of them. By going through the above section of this Enscape vs Lumion article, you have now good details about basic terms of Enscape and Lumion such as operating system, latest version, and so on. Now let us move to some special features of both software for having deep analysis with them.
Head to Head Comparison Between Enscape vs Lumion (Infographics)
Below is the Top Comparison Between Enscape vs Lumion:
Key Difference between Enscape vs Lumion
Although both software is used for the same type of purposes, some special features make them special in their work, so let us look at these special features too.
- Lumion has become better with progressing rendering processes over the years and has better rendering quality now. You can use a wider range of effects for interior as well as exterior retendering such as you can affect images, the effect of light, the effect of wind, the effect of rain, the effect of day and night and so on for adding more visualization in your work. You can even control the direction of the sun according to the requirement of your structural model design in rendering, the number of clouds in the sky according to seasons and so on.
- In Enscape, we can also do highly featured rendering because there are many good features in it, such as Hybrid ray tracing, which corrects lighting and reflection indirectly according to a mode of model design, combines image-based screen using space techniques which are based on BVH structures, and many other advance rendering process is inbuilt in it.
- Enscape has Global lighting calculations features, and with the help of this, it can perform a complex of project rendering in a very quick and independent manner. In contrast, the Speed of rendering in Lumion or Enscape depends on the configuration of your computer system. Still, for image rendering, Lumion takes less than a minute, and for animation, it may take a couple of hours or depends on the length of the video and elements included in the animation.
- If you want to have Enscape in your hand, you have to pay $47 as a monthly subscription to it. With this subscription, you will have all the advance features or it. Still, its developer offers no free versions of it other than the free version; you can have a free trial for understanding its user interface and working methodology. In Lumion, there is also no any free version. Still, it offers a free trail for a limited time period, and you will have full features of paid version in the trial version of it. For its price detail, you can visit on its official website because it varies according to user type and license.
- Enscape gives you online support during Business hours only if you purchase it and want to have any solution of problem during working on it, but with Lumion, you will have 24/7 Live online Support for your queries during using it.
These are some special facts and detail based on which you can differentiate both software very clearly.
Comparison table between Enscape vs Lumion
We are first going to discuss some of the basic characteristics of both software to compare them based on their different types of features and interact with them thoroughly.
|Enscape is real-time rendering software for different 3D designs of architectural as well as other related field structures. You can see live editing of your work during rendering with this software.
|Lumion is also rendering software for architectural as well as other 3d modeling sectors, and with the help of this software, you can beautifully represent real-world look for any part of 3d structure.
|Developer and initially released Date
|It was developed and maintained by Enscape GmbH and initially released in 2015 for getting a more realistic output of the rendering process of 3d structures.
|Developers of Lumion were two Dutch computer programmers, and they setup a company for developing this type of software in 1998 and in 2010, Lumion first version has been released for public use.
|Latest or Stable release
|On April 07, 2021, it’s the latest version or current stable version was released with lots of good features and the latest version named as 3.0.1.
|Its latest or current stable version is Lumion 11, which comes with 63 new realistic materials covering (new range for interior as well as exterior materials) for giving real-world experiences to 3d structures of different projects.
|Enscape is limited to only one operating system, which is Microsoft Windows.
|Lumion also has its compatibility with Microsoft Windows 10, and your system must be connected with the internet during using this software.
|It has a commercial type of license and is a type of plugin which you can use with other 3d modeling software.
|It also has commercial license, which you can use for a single user on multiple commuters that belongs to that particular user.
|For more details or download links, you can visit its official website, which is www.enscaped3d.com.
|You can go to www.lumion.com, which is its official website, for having other related information about it.
Now you have a good collection of Enscape and Lumion software in the context of real-time and real-life experiences rendering. Moreover, you can try any software for a realistic rendering process because both have special features for giving the best output in their work with good efficiency.
This is a guide to Enscape vs Lumion. Here we discuss Enscape and Lumion key differences with infographics and a comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –