What does Emotional Intelligence Talk about?
Before we talk about Emotional Intelligence Quotes, let us understand the subject of Emotional Intelligence. While we all must have heard or been familiar with the term Intelligence Quotient (IQ), not much is actually talked about or discussed Emotional Quotient (EQ) or Emotional Intelligence (EI). It is the ability to understand, process, analyze and harness our emotions in a beneficial manner such that the end results of our activities are so much better than any good. It is also one’s capability to recognize and identify their own emotions and the emotions of others associated with a particular subject that would essentially guide and direct their thought process and behavior towards achieving a particular goal.
This not only is essential to achieve a goal, but at large, helps one to get along, cope with, and adjust to different kinds of social, cultural, or professional environments. Empathy is a word that is very frequently associated with Emotional Intelligence. This is because it helps a person to be able to understand the emotions of others through relating them to their own personal experiences.
Background of Daniel Goleman Emotional Intelligence Quotes
The concept of Emotional Intelligence arose somewhere in the mid-1960s on a paper by Michael Beldoch; but had got popularity only in 1995 after a published author (Daniel Goleman) wrote a book on it, having researched, analyzed and studied the topic over a considerable period of his life. Daniel Goleman work was featured as a Best Seller in the New York Times, empathizing with the fact that why Emotional Intelligence could matter more than Intelligent Quotient. Over the years, it has widely gained recognition through more papers and journals being published by scientists, business psychologists, analysts, and authors.
Why do we Need to know about Emotional Intelligence (Quotes)?
- Knowing, controlling, and monitoring one’s emotions are some of the biggest assets an individual can possess. Every day, at various phases of the day, we go through a series of emotions.
- These emotions are not constant and are different in almost every hour of the day that directly or indirectly affects our mood, behavior, and work.
- Studies have shown that the ones who do not succumb to his/her own emotions and instead are in charge of them by effectively harnessing them are the ones that make people successful and even good leaders.
How does it Work?
- It is a trait that has the power to make a major difference. People who are low on Emotional Intelligence have generally turned out to be poorer with managing people, handling themselves or taking care of a situation. On the other hand, the one with a stronger EI has shown to rise and shine above most situations. It is a powerful tool to increase personal effectiveness.
- Daniel Goleman has put the terms that are dependent on Emotional Intelligence on a single framework. These are self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and social skills.
- Emotional Intelligence Quotes are built around themes pertaining to the above-mentioned terms. These are quotes that help rise above your emotions and act as a catalyst to subdue your negative feelings and, in turn, convert them to positive ones.
- Due to the stressful time and challenging period that we live in, it is of utmost necessity that we understand that the human mind is more prone to vulnerabilities and hopelessness than its’ otherwise counterparts. Therefore, in order to stay motivated, inspired, positive and happy, one needs to build around a solid support system apart from self-handling our emotions, and that is when EI Quotes turn up as our healers.
- Emotional Intelligence Quotes involve words of wisdom from people hailing from different professions, careers, aspirations, and backgrounds. It could be a quote from a scientist like Benjamin Franklin (the one who discovered electricity), Buddha (the one who attained enlightenment under the Bodh Gaya tree), and all other people that one could have never heard of. “Use pain as a stepping stone, not a campground.” – Alan Cohen.
- One needs to keep in mind that Emotional Intelligence has nothing to do with the word intelligence and that it is not about the heart winning over the head; rather, it is a unique combination of both of these factors.
- It is also related to social intelligence that can monitor others’ feelings and differentiate among them to get clarity of one’s own thinking. Accordingly, one either empathize or distance himself from the malicious perspectives of others in their surroundings.
- Emotional Intelligence makes us competent enough to face our breakthroughs and setbacks with a sane mind and rational thought. It is a medium through which we can reason our thoughts and justify our actions. Over the last decade, science has done much research to examine how emotions drive our life.
- It can be concluded out of the accumulated research that much more than the Intelligent Quotient (IQ), our emotional capabilities and self-handling skills can have a long way in determining our success and achievements in all circumstances of our life, and this also includes relationships with one’s near and dear ones.
- They are expected to run far ahead of their peers, having the set of skills, degrees, designation, qualifications, and accolades. Emotional Intelligence is not about suppressing one’s emotions completely and acting stoic in all situations; rather, it is the ability to experience your emotions wholeheartedly and yet not be overpowered by them.
Conclusion – Emotional Intelligence Quotes
In the end, we can effectively conclude based on our learnings that a person with a higher emotional quotient ratio is much better at achieving the following Better social relations with friends, peers, and family leading to the right balance between maintaining a harmonious relationship with everyone. Better productivity at work and improved performance in professional life, leading to achieving new milestones. More approachable by others as they would always empathize and less being extremely likable. Better mental state and mental well-being that helps in the overall progress and holistic development and growth of an individual.
This is a guide to Emotional Intelligence Quotes. Here we discuss the background of emotional intelligence quotes and how does it work. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –