Introduction to Dynamic Website
A dynamic website is the webpage on the server side where different contents are shown when assessed at different timings whose design is done by server side scripts that has PHP or ASP where every parameter explains the real time web pages along with client side processing and while accessing the web pages the code is sent to the web server with the HTML to the web browser as all the control is with the websites being assessed by the user.
How Dynamic Website works?
Given below shows how dynamic website works:
- This SQL command is used to get data from the database as database will not understand direct coding or any scripts. Now, the data being fetched by SQL is fed into the PHP script.
- Also, when the user wishes to change the content or delete the content, same process is followed and all the details are saved into the database.
Uses of Dynamic Website
Given below are the uses of dynamic website:
- The dynamic website appears more professional due to its dynamic content than the static website. If a business has to be run using a website, it is better to use dynamic website as the users and the stakeholders can update their requirements in the website and the owners can look into it. This makes the business more interactive and helpful to both the clients and the suppliers. Updating the requirements and making it interactive will not happen if the business owner is using a static website.
- Personalizing the contents of the webpage can be done easily in the dynamic websites. The user can view the recently edited content or can edit the location and post photos in the website. If the user wishes to hide the contents, he is free to do so. This hassle-free interaction with the website will make the user to use the website again.
- All the contents of the website are stored in a single database. Hence, if the user wants to search for some contents or edit the contents in the website, any of these can be done easily by filtering the unwanted posts and deleting the same. We can rightly call dynamic websites as the modern websites.
- The design changes of the website can be easily done with a single click on the code. This change in the template will change the entire content in the website and developers will not take much time to do so. We can edit all the pages together by changing the template and saving it to the desired format.
- Many pages can be created at once by using complex codes in the system and this makes the dynamic websites to look more professional. The codes have to be developed only once and this makes the websites to get updated every now and then.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Given below are the advantages and disadvantages :
Below are the advantages:
- The interaction with the customer is appreciated while using dynamic website. It changes the behavior according to the customer’s needs and interacts with the customer well. This makes the user to make changes easily and experts are not needed to manage the website. A small change in the file changes the entire appearance of the website.
- When there is any problem with the website, it is easy to update and make changes in the site easily than with static website. If the page becomes stuck due to the code changes in the backend, user can change the code and make the page to respond. This logic works in the social medias and other dynamic websites.
- User can move from one page to another page without being stuck in the home page and this is an added advantage of dynamic websites. Also, multiple users can add and edit the contents on the website and this will not create much problem while managing the traffic of the websites.
- Users can search for the content and make necessary changes as the contents are saved in the server.
Below are the disadvantages:
- The cost of development and maintenance is huge for dynamic websites. Also, the hosting costs for the servers is also non negotiable which makes the developers and users to think more about building the dynamic websites.
- There are more functions and activities in the dynamic website. This is a happy moment for the front-end users but not for the developers.
- The dynamic content on the website will make the site to load slowly and this will in turn add to the processing time.
- The complex technology used in the dynamic websites will make the system to work slowly. This will not be a preferred one by many users.
There are various applications for dynamic websites. For example, in Instagram when we click on follow button, all the posts in the web page is opened to us. This is because the page has dynamic content and the client upon receiving the request opens up the content to the user.
This is a guide to Dynamic Website. Here we discuss how dynamic website works, uses, advantages and disadvantages respectively. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –