Introduction to Digital Signature Softwares
In the current cybersecurity world, there are lots of inventions being done every day, and new things are coming up very often. No doubt, no system can claim that they are a hundred percent secure, but the new technologies coming up these days are trying very hard to secure the system. When we talk especially about the protection of data while it is transmitted over the internet, there are various ways available that can secure the communication to ensure the integrity of the data and here we will be walking through a similar kind of subject that is concerned with proving the authenticity of the message at the receiving end, that is Digital Signature. So let’s get started!
What is a Digital Signature?
The digital signature may be defined as the encrypted hash value along with the hashing algorithm. When any message has to be transmitted, the digital signature has to exist together with it to prove the authenticity of the message and to ensure the consent of the sender or signer. Any document or message that comes from any authority has to be signed digitally when they want to send something with their consent. A digital signature is all about the private and public key where the signer is supposed to have the private key very secure to make sure that no one can abuse their power to approve or authenticate something digitally.
The Digital signature is the best way, followed by the folks on authority, to sign anything digitally. Even in some of the countries, the government has made the digital signature considerable in legal things. It ensures data safety and ensures that the data shouldn’t have been tampered with in between anyhow. For any kind of communication happening between the parties that need legal or strong consent with the surety of accurate data, digital signature plays a vital role. It is essential to keep the private key safe and secure to maintain the integrity of the data that is required to be sent through the open network.
Different Digital Signature Softwares
Following are the various digital signature software mentioned below.
- eSign+: esign+ is the best digital signature frequently used by small and mid-level enterprises to ensure the data’s integrity. It works very fine, and similar to the other digital signature software, it works by making use of the private and public keys.
- Dotloop: It works best to provide hassle-free service to the people who want to leverage digital signatures. It is very convenient to use and let everyone navigate things very easily. It helps add an extra bit of security and helps the business flow in the proper manner.
- SignNow: SignNow is the best platform designed to work smoothly with a digital signature. This software’s available functionality makes it very popular among users when it comes to using a digital signature. In addition, it makes it very convenient to understand the workings of options available to the users.
- e-SignLive: e-SignLive is another software used for digital signature. It is very easy to use this software and has been considered as the most software that serves large organizations and the government. The banks, insurers, government agencies, and frequent users of this software make it very easy for all users to work with a digital signature.
- DocuSign – DocuSign is one of the most popular digital signature software that is preferred by all kinds of organizations, regardless of their size. Many users are using this software, and their count exceeds two hundred thousand. In addition to that, it also serves in around 180 countries.
- Signable – This software makes it very fast to sign the document very fast in almost no time. It helps in signing the document as well as managing them. All the options that could be opted when we talk about the digital signature could be enjoyed using this software. The way it is used, it is liked by many of the security professionals and heads their list of recommendations.
We will understand how the digital signature works with an example to make it very easy for you to understand the concept. Let’s suppose we have a message that has to be transmitted along with the digital signature. So what actually happens is, the message first gets hashed using the hashing algorithm. Once the hashed value has been obtained, it has been encrypted using the signer’s private key. Finally, the system uses the sender’s or signer’s private key to decrypt the message and know what was actually sent at the receiver’s end.
The reason why just the hashed value was encrypted and not the entire message is that after hashing, we get a short string of fixed length, and it is way too faster to encrypt the short value rather than the entire message. So it is basically just to make the encryption easy. Hashing of the message also adds an additional security level that ensures the data shouldn’t have been tampered with in between due to any reason. The hash value of the message while it was sent is compared with the hash value of the message that has been received at the receiver end. If they are not the same, it can be concluded that either the data has been changed in between or there is some problem with encryption.
Digital signature has become a part of official communication these days. It is considered amazing to ensure the integrity of the data. There is various software available in the market that helps users sign the message or documents digitally. It is estimated that in the upcoming days, the digital signature will be more in demand due to the advancement in security and security breaches. In the current time, it is preferred by the mid or large size organizations while communicating, but in the next few years, the small business will opt-in at a great pace to secure their communication.
This is a guide to Digital Signature Softwares. Here we have discuss the different digital signature software along with their Working. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –