Difference Between Broadband vs Fibre
The broadband is a type of internet service that provides high speed internet to its service. The broadband is capable of wide bandwidth type transmission that transports multiple signals. The medium used by the broadband are optical fiber, coaxial cable, twisted pair and radio. It can be used by organizations and can be used for personal use. In the fibre broadband the fibre cables are used for sending the data through it. The fibre broadband is comparatively faster than normal broadband and also the connection is reliable.
Head to Head Comparison between Broadband vs Fibre (Infographics)
Below are the top 5 comparisons between Broadband vs Fibre:
Key differences between Broadband vs Fibre
Let us discuss some key differences between Broadband vs Fibre in the following points:
1. When the user chooses to have the internet service the first factor that needs to be considered is reliability. In today’s internet time, broadband and fibre optic are both considered as reliable connection that provides high-speed internet. The broadband connection is more reliable compared to other alternative like fibre connection as in fibre connection there can be some interruptions because of local conditions that affect the reliability of fibre connection. The design of both the connection type is passive like it didn’t face any kind of interruption but if comparison need to be made between two broadband will be better option in terms of reliability.
2. For the organizations that uses the internet services, bandwidth need to be considered as an important factor for comparison. As in the organizations they required high speed internet because of their business operations like video conference, meetings, online presentations and upload or download of many large size files. For all these requirements the company focus on high requirement of bandwidth. And in the broadband connection, the services are shared by many individuals at same time that compromises with the bandwidth of the connection. While on other hand, fibre optics is a dedicated service that is used by the business only for which it is setup so that speed is not compromised and the user get maximum bandwidth for a constant time. By this the fibre optic has more bandwidth compared to broadband service.
3. For doing any business all across the globe, the prime requirement for any organization is to serve their services on the cloud platform. And companies cannot afford in any delay during file upload or download on cloud storage. And as they deal with customers and clients directly there is always a requirement of high-speed internet. The optic fibre is better option compare to broadband when providing high-speed internet as the fibre optic is dedicated service that provides direct internet service to business organization sob that the bandwidth is not shared by anyone but in the broadband connection the bandwidth is shared by many user that result in slow connection and delay can be there when performing business operations by the organization.
4. When the internet services are taken by the individual the primary concern is always the network security and whether there is any potential risk while using the internet service. And when we compared broadband service and fibre connection the broadband is more convenient for attackers to attack on the network and do a malicious activity. Gaining access of broadband connection is much easier for the attackers to attack and damage the network. While on other hand, the attackers need to do more effort to attack on the dedicated fibre connection. So, when the organization select between both broadband and fibre internet and if they need to choose on the basis of security, they always use to select fibre connection over broadband.
5. The other important key difference between two broadband and fibre internet is the price of connection. The fibre internet connection is comparatively expensive to a broadband connection. The organizations are working to make the fibre connection affordable to the users. The normal individual cannot afford to have a fibre connection in their home due to its price but normal broadband connection is cheap and affordable. The fibre connection is selected by large scale organization as they need to perform large scale operations that require a high-speed internet connection and they can easily afford to have the fibre connection in their organization premises. The fibre optics has several advantages over the broadband connection in terms of speed, reliability and security but when it is compared on the basis of prices broadband connection win the battle with fibre connection but the fibre connection is value for money internet service.
Comparison Table of Broadband vs Fibre
The table below summarizes the comparisons between Broadband vs Fibre:
|Network||In normal broadband, the copper circuits are used.||In the fibre type broadband, the fibre optic cables are used for sending the data. The hybrid fibre connection uses the copper wires.|
|Reliability||The broadband connection is more reliable compare to fibre broadband.||The fibre broadband is less reliable when it is compared to broadband connection.|
|Speed||The broadband connection is fast speed internet but when it is compared to fibre connection the speed is slower.||The fibre broadband connection is very fast speed internet as it uses optical fibre for transmission of data. The fibre broadband is faster than broadband connection.|
|Cost||The cost of broadband setup is comparatively less to fibre broadband connection.||The fibre connection is not so cost-effective as the fibre cables are costlier that increase the cost of fibre connection setup.|
|Target Audience||The main target audience for the broadband connection is homes and personal use as the cost of broadband connection is low and connection is also reliable and fast speed internet.||The main target audience for the fibre connection is office and corporate sector as the cost is high for this setup that organization can afford. The fibre is high speed internet connection that is the requirement of large-scale organization.|
As in fast-growing world everybody has a requirement to have fast and reliable internet services and in market there are several options for the internet service. The broadband connection and fibre connection are both convenient options that provide high-speed internet to the users. And selection among two is completely dependent on user requirements and needs.
This is a guide to the top differences between Broadband vs Fibre. Here we discuss the key differences of Broadband vs Fibre with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –