Introduction to Azure IoT Edge
In today’s world lot of buzz words are coming in the IT industry. Azure, Cloud, IoT are some of them. Every business and organization wants to grow exponentially. The technology which helps a lot in this journey to them gets boom early in the market. Technologies are changing rapidly. All things are getting fast. In the sense of management to provide a quick solution to the customer, we need something which is less costly and beneficial to the organization. Now, you know the concepts of Azure and IoT. This is the time to get an understand of the Azure IoT edge.
What is Azure IoT Edge?
This is a combination of two technologies. Azure IoT Edge is a fully integrated platform. Which provides the services made up of Azure IoT hub. By integrating cloud platforms and IoT we can implement AI (Artificial Intelligence) in reality very easily.
Features of Azure IoT Edge
- The whole world will get interconnected with the IoT.
- Our decision-making capacity will increase. And in less time we can implement many things
- We can lower the cost of cloud management
- There is separation from personal dings with limited devices so less bandwidth is needed.
- AI gets into the picture clearly
- This ensures the high security of Microsoft.
- By using this emerging technology you can acquire many things offline.
Need of Azure IoT Edge
There are a lOT of things we can do with the cloud. Like remote monitoring, management, merging of remotely stored on multiple IoT devices. Millions of devices are deployed out there we can manage them very easily. We can manage them centrally with the help of the cloud.
How exactly I get into that there Azure IoT comes into the picture. IoT runs close to our machine. For a device to communicate with each other on IoT we need something which closely binds real-time loops. To train these models with the help of AI and ML Azure IoT helps insignificantly.
As we already stated that offline is another use case here. This scenario comes into the picture suppose your work is on the ship or in the mining platform. And you are not connected to the internet. What is your approach? Here Azure IoT allows you to carry out all your activities successfully without connecting to the cloud. With this awesome thing guess what it provides you security also.
So, Here the main funda is having your processing done as close as your machines possible. This can be done by Azure IoT edge. It is all about maintaining consistency between our cloud platform and IoT devices.
4.5 (2,762 ratings)
Suppose we have one application which runs on the cloud. And the meantime we need the part of that application on our IoT edge and vice-versa. If we have consistency between the cloud and edge we can actually do that.
What Skills Do We Need for This?
The purpose of this technology is very clear. First, you should know the cloud platform. Skills related to the cloud. How it works. Who is working in the development area can upskill their knowledge with the cloud.
What is the Cloud Then?
Here, we are getting the concept of the actual cloud. Cloud is a thing where we go it comes with us. As it is everywhere.
This concept came into the picture when we felt that data access restriction. We need our data to use remotely. Where ever we go we can access our data so our work will not get stuck. And as we all working to provide satisfaction to the client it is very important to work being done on time.
In the cloud computing scenario, Cloud is nothing but the server. Everyone cannot afford the cost and maintenance of the server. To solve this problem and make a system available all over the world this server rent their space to the different clients. And manage their data. This kind of service is very helpful for many IT industries. This approach is adopted by big companies. They evolved and came with different cloud platforms.
Now let’s talk about Azure and IoT.
What is Azure?
Azure means Bright blue color. Which perfectly defines the cloud concept. Azure is the cloud platform. This service is provided by Microsoft. Microsoft Azure is the online cloud-based service providing a platform that helps the organization to test, deploying, building and managing applications by Microsoft’s datacenters. With the high availability and management point of view, Microsoft Azure has become a very popular cloud service platform.
Now, we got an idea of azure. Let’s talk about the new emerging technology IoT.
What is IoT?
IoT stands for the internet of things. It is the technology that extends the use of the internet more efficiently. There many devices connected with the internet in a single point of time. IoT means these devices can talk with each other and give the required output to the user.
Let me clarify this more.
- Suppose, in-home we have some smart devices like a mobile phone. Fridge, AC, Washing Machine, etc. What if we can handle all these devices by mobile phone. With the single command, all these devices can start and stop and also indicates if there are some issues exist on these devices. We can save our time and early fault detection helps us getting in trouble.
- With this, we can build a hybrid model which are intelligent with the help of AI.
- Edge gives you the local view of your systems. For connecting all your parts of the system with each other, then clouds come as the player of this role. And this is the most important part of the cloud which connects all the edges.
- After that, we can get a boardroom view of all our applications with connected cloud architecture. This helps the management to implement better functionality.
There are some design principles for implementing Azure IoT edge:
- Cloud management/ cloud HUB
- Cross-platform ability
- It should be portable
Azure IoT Edge is the future of technology. Where everything will happen in a fraction of seconds also the world will get more closely connected. Start with the concepts of cloud computing. This one small step will save you in the future for sure in this rapidly changing tech world.
This is a guide to Azure IoT Edge. Here we discuss the what is azure IoT edge? along with features and need of azure IoT edge. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –