What is Autodesk Navisworks?
Autodesk Navisworks is a package that contains a 3D design review of software such as Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, and MicroStation. It allows its user to open as well as combine 3d models, and review the model with the help of standard tools not only this we can also review comments, redlining, measurement, and viewpoint. Navigation of the model in real-time is also one of its features, apart from this there is a number of plug-ins that enhances the package features capacity because after adding plug-ins we can work with different factors such as 4D time simulation, Interference detection, Photorealistic rendering, Publishing of PDF. Now you have good information about what Autodesk Navisworks is?
I am sure now you want to know how it works. So I am going to give you a quick look at this.
Autodesk navisworks (How it works)
Navisworks formerly known as JetStream, has a core module that we called Roamer. To determine its working methodology, we need to know about its built-in functionalities. By going through its functionalities we can understand how it works for giving the best output in its working field. So let us have a good discussion about its functionalities of it:
- Roamer: This is a core part of Naviswork and with the help of it users can open models of designing software. These models are from a range of 3D design and laser scan formats after that it gives a single 3D model as a result of our range of the 3D models.
- Publisher: It helps users to create a single NWD file of a 3D model which we can freely open with the help of Freedom, a free viewer application.
- Renderer: It is formerly known as Presenter and with the help of it users can make their model photorealistic (images as well as animations) by applying materials as well as lighting.
- Clash Detective: This one helps users to enable interference detection features. Interference detection can understand as detecting geometry conflicts at particular selected parts of the model and getting information about it in for specific concerns.
- TimeLiner : It adds 4D simulation that helps users to link geometry with times and dates so that simulation of construction or demolition of the model can do overtime.
- Quantification: It helps users to estimate materials, measure areas, and count components of a building automatically.
- Animator: Like it, the name shows animator we can understand it means it helps user to animate 3d models so that one can easily interact with them.
- Scripter: It helps users to make a setup of collections of actions that one wants to know when a particular type of condition comes into the working phase.
- It can save its working file into number of file formats such as
- Native File format : it contains .nwd, .nwf, .nwc
- AutoCAD file : .dwg, .dxf
- 3D Studio Max: .3ds, .prj
- MicroStation: .dgn, .prp, .pr
- .exp, .model, .dlv3, .CATPart, .CATProduct, .cgr file formats of Catia
- .skp of sketchUp
- .wrl, .wrz of VRML
- .fbx of FBX
- .prt, .sldprt, .asm, .sldasm file format of soildwork
- All version of pdf
- .3dm file of Rhino
These are some file formats that make it effective in its working performance. Apart from this, you need to know some other important points that make your work easier during working with this software.
Autodesk Navisworks Tips and Tricks
During working with Navisworks you must have knowledge about some tips and tricks so that working with this software becomes an enjoyable task for you. So I am going to tell you about some of the important tips and tricks which you need to keep in mind.
- Rounded object measurement: Many times you may face issues during measurement of rounded objects accurately for example bottom rounded side of pipes. So for overcoming this issue go to Navisworks Options Editor then go to under Snapping option of Interface. Here make ‘snap to edge’ option is enabled. Once you enabled this option it will allow your measurement tool to snap with the bottom and topmost sides of cylindrical objects.
- Use Measure Tool Shortcut: To make your work handy and save your time you can go with shortcut keys of the Measure tool and for that make the Measure tool active then press Ctrl + Shift + Z it allows the tool to snap with the Z axis, Ctrl + Shift + Y allows the tool to snap with Y-axis and Ctrl + Shift + X allows the tool to snap with X-axis.
- Use Selection Tool Shortcut: you can press Ctrl + 1 to switch or activate the Selection tool.
- Use the Select Box Tool shortcut: With the Select Box tool, one can select multiple objects very quickly. So if you hold the Shift button of the keyboard and drag the mouse cursor of Select Box Tool then the objects that are touched with the box also get selected with object come into selection area of Select box tool.
- Single/ Multiple Object Clash Grouping: You will face the issue of clashing multiple objects with single object during the clash detective process and you need to group them at once. So go to the drop-down window of Items in the clash detective results tab then make right-click on a single element that contains multiple clashes. Once you make right-click you will have an option with which you can group all clashes that are associated with the object.
There are many more tips and trick about which you will have knowledge after start working with this software. Here I just give you information about some of the important facts that you may use frequently.
Now I am sure after going through this informative article you have gathered a number of good points and details about Autodesk Naviswork. With the help of this information, you can go through a working methodology of this package for getting the best result in your work. You just have to start working with it for getting more and more knowledge about it.
This is a guide to Autodesk Navisworks. Here we discuss the What is Autodesk Navisworks, How to work Autodesk navisworks, and examples with code implementation. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –