Introduction To ASP.Net Interview Questions And Answers
Programming Models to Build Web Application provided By ASP.NET are the following:
- ASP.NET MVC – model view controller: It helps in the development of web applications, where a view is front-end model is business logic and controller is responsible for mapping between view and model.
- ASP.Net Web API: It is an application programming interface to build an API for a web application on top of the .NET framework. The developer can develop according to business requirements with help from these API .on top.Net framework in an efficient way.
ASP.Net Web pages help to show data dynamically in an HTML page. It is a very efficient way to develop web applications. its syntax is very easy, and it is lightweight.
- ASP.Net Web forms: It is used to develop modular web pages of different components. UI events are executed on the server-side.
- ASP.Net Web Hooks: Is is used for subscribing and publishing events via HTTP protocol.
Below are the top list of 2021 ASP.Net Interview Questions And Answers; these questions are divided into two parts are as follows:
Part 1 – ASP.Net Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic ASP.Net Interview Questions and Answers.
1. What are the different validators in ASP.NET?
ASP.NET validation controls validate the user input data. Whenever the user gives the input, it must always be validated before sending it across to various layers of an application. If we get the user input with validation, there are the following two types of validation in ASP.NET:
- Server-Side Validation: When validation occurs on the server, then it’s known as Server-Side Validation. Server-Side Validation is a secure form of validation. The main advantage of Server-Side Validation is that if the user somehow bypasses the Client-Side Validation, we can still catch the problem on the server-side. The Server-side provides more security and ensures that no invalid data is processed by the application. Server-Side Validation is done by writing the custom logic for validating all the input.
The following are the Validation Controls in ASP.NET:
- RequiredFieldValidator Control
- CompareValidator Control
- RangeValidator Control
- RegularExpressionValidator Control
- CustomFieldValidator Control
- Validation Summary
2. What are the core differences between ASP and ASP.Net?
ASP is interpreted while ASP.Net complied, ASP internally uses VBScript while ASP.net uses C# and VB.Net. Classic ASP uses ADO to connect database while ASP.Net uses ADO.Net to connect Database ASP is partially object-oriented languages while ASP.NET is fully Object-oriented language. In ASP, coding and HTML are mixed, while in ASP.Net, it is separated by code file. No inbuilt support of XML in ASP while ASP.net has these features.
Let us move to the next ASP.Net Interview Questions.
3. What is the name of an event when controls fully loaded?
Page load is the event guarantees that All controller should fully load.
4. Tell the difference between Server. Transfer and Response.Transfer?
This is the basic ASP.Net Interview Questions asked in an interview. In Server. Transfer processing of page transfers from one page to other pages without a round trip to the client’s browser, this provides fast processing of the request server overhead will be less, in this case, client Brower’s history will be not updated.
In the case of Response. Redirect redirects to client’s browser to another page or site; this takes a round trip, Client browser updated, Server overhead will be more.
5. Tell the name of a class from all Web Forms that are inherited?
Part 2 – ASP.Net Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced ASP.Net Interview Questions.
6. What are the events in the page life cycle?
There are the following event in the life cycle of page
-> Page_PreInit -> Page_Init -> Page_InitComplete -> Page_PreLoad -> Page_Load -> Page_LoadComplete -> Page_PreRender -> Render.
7.Tell the all event handlers that can present in the Global.asax file?
- Session Events: Session_Start
Let us move to the next ASP.Net Interview Questions.
8.Tell the difference between web config and machine config?
Web config files map to a web application while machine con file maps to the server or machine; an application can have multiple web config files but can have only one machine config file.
9. Explain the Cross page posting and Redirect Permanent in ASP.Net?
This is the frequently asked ASP.Net Interview Questions which regularly asked in an interview. In the case of Cross page posting, when we click on the submit button of the web page’s form page post data to different pages, it is called a Cross page posting. This can be achieved by setting POSTBACKURL proper of a button.
In Redirect Permanent is a permanent redirection from the requested URL to a given URL happens. Once it is done, it returns 301 moved responses permanently.
10. Working on Passport Authentication and its advantages?
First of all, it checks the passport authentication cookie. If the cookie is not available, then the application redirects the user to Passport Sign on a page. Passport service authenticates the user details on a sign on page and if valid then stores the authenticated cookie on a client machine and then redirects the user to the requested page.
All the websites can be accessed using single login credentials. So no need to remember login credentials for each website. Users can maintain his/ her information in a single location.
This has been a guide to List Of ASP.Net Interview Questions And Answers. Here we have listed the best 10 interview sets of questions so that the jobseeker can crack the interview with ease. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –