Difference Between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the branch of computer science, which is used to create intelligent machines. Artificial intelligence refers to human intelligence or mimics human behavior by machines. Artificial intelligence is mainly divided into three categories are Narrow AI, which means that thing is trained to perform a particular task in a certain way. Machine learning (ML) is referred to as a subset of Artificial intelligence (AI). It allows a computer to handle situations via training, analysis, observation, and experience. All the machine learning counts as Artificial intelligence, but all AI does not count as machine learning. It is considered one of the best tools of artificial intelligence that is suitable for business. Deep learning (DL) is referred to as the subset of machine learning. It is generally referred to as a deep artificial neural network, and these are the algorithm sets that are extremely accurate for problems like sound recognition, image recognition, etc. Deep learning is also defined as it enables a computer to learn without being programmed to do so.
The second is artificial general intelligence (AGI), which means that this is human-level artificial intelligence and the ability to perform a wide range of tasks assigned to it. The third category is Super intelligent artificial intelligence, which is one step ahead. It is AI that is way smarter than human brains in every field like creativity, wisdom, skills, etc. In simple terms, it means machines outsmart humans. Machine learning is based on the principle that machines learn by themselves with the help of taking data from various resources. Machine learning allows machines to make predictions based on the recognition of complex data patterns and sets, and ML is different from the hard-coding software program that requires specific instructions for task completion. It has the capability to change itself when it is exposed to more and more data machine learning by itself dynamic and does not require any human intervention for making certain changes. Deep is the technical term that refers to the layer of the neural network. A superficial network that has a single hidden layer and a network that is deep has multiple layers. These layers allow a network to acquire data features.
Head To Head Comparison Between Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and Deep Learning (Infographics)
Below is the top 6 difference between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
Key Differences Between Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and Deep Learning
Let us discuss some of the major Difference Between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning.
1. Artificial intelligence has different types like reactive machines; the system only reacts, does not have the memory like the washing machine. Machine learning enables a machine to make decisions based on past data. Deep learning enables a machine to make the decision with the help of artificial neural networks.
2. Artificial Intelligence type is having a limited amount of memory. Machine learning mainly works on less amount of training data. Deep learning mainly requires a large amount of training data.
3. Artificial intelligence has other types is the theory of mind, which means the system is able to understand human emotions and adjust the behavior according to human understanding. Machine learning works on low-end systems. Deep learning needs high-end systems to work.
4. Artificial intelligence is used to make the system like self-awareness; it means systems being aware of themselves and understand its states, predicting other peoples feeling, and act accordingly. Machine learning’s most features need to be identified in advance and manually coded. In Deep learning, the machine learns the features from the data it is provided.
5. Artificial intelligence mainly works on the whole problem. In machine learning, the problem is divided into parts and solved individually, and then combined it all. In deep learning, the problem is solved in an end-to-end manner.
6. Artificial intelligence takes a very long time to test the applications. Machine learning takes a longer time than deep learning. Deep learning takes less time to test the process.
7. Artificial intelligence has defined rules. Machine learning has crisp rules to tell why the decision was made or taken. In deep learning, the system takes the decision based on its own logic, and sometimes it’s difficult to interpret.
8. Artificial intelligence in the future will use in detecting the crimes before it happens and human-AI helpers. Machine learning will be used in the future in increasing efficiency in health care, and it will provide better marketing techniques. Deep learning in the future will be used in increasing personalization and hyper-intelligent personal assistants.
Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning Comparison Table
Below is the 6 topmost comparison
|The basis of comparison||Artificial Intelligence||Machine Learning||Deep Learning|
|Definition||Artificial intelligence is human intelligence exhibited by machines||It is an approach to achieve AI||It is a technique to implement ML.|
|Subset||Artificial intelligence is not the subset of a machine or deep learning||Machine learning is a subset of Artificial intelligence||Deep Learning is a subset of Machine learning.|
|Programming||Artificial intelligence requires full programming thing to make the system||Machine learning does not require any hard code algorithms||Deep learning does not require any programming to achieve things|
|Complex||Artificial is more complex as one has to know everything||Machine learning is less complex than AI||Deep learning is less complex than machine learning.|
|Existence||It came in 1956||It came around 1980’s||It came around 2000|
|Examples||Amazon Echo||Search engine result refining||Automatic translation.|
Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning all are related to each other, and the motive is to achieve things more quickly and at a rapid rate. As we already discussed, Machine learning is a subset of AI and Deep Learning is a subset of machine learning. Artificial Intelligence is the bigger picture and core thing to achieve various things in the world of computers and information technology. From above, we are able to see what is the difference between the three and their future use as well. So, today’s and the future world is of Artificial intelligence and its components like machine learning and deep learning and other components as well.
This has been a guide to the top difference between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning. Here we also discuss the Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning key differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more.