Introduction to Android Kitkat
The Android KitKat is a type of android version used in android phones. The Android KitKat version is the eleventh version for the android phone. This operating system has a release version of 4.4. The primary focus of this operating system version is to enhance the performance and optimize operating system speed using limited resources. This operating system is compatible with tablets and smartphones. This operating system is enhanced with advanced features that include memory utilization optimization, enhancement in the user interface, and many more. This operating system is version is compatible with low RAM smartphones also.
Explain the Android Kitkat
The Android KitKat is the android version offered by Google having version tagged as 4.4. This android version was launched in September 2013. This android version is mostly used in tablets and smartphones for using the applications installed on these devices. The Android KitKat version uses advanced battery management and memory management technologies to improve the user experience for using android smartphones. This operating system is compatible with little size RAM up to 512 Mb smartphones. This android version offered a proper user interface, enhance the display of touchscreen so that battery can be conserved. The KitKat version also focused on the enhancement of security operations so that the application can’t be access from unauthorized users. The Android KitKat version offers several advantages and new features that make the android version popular and can be used by the user.
Why Android Kitkat Is Used?
The Android KitKat version is mostly used because of the compatibility given to mobile users that have a small size of RAM in their smartphones. This android version also helps to conserve the battery of the smartphones so that the phones can be used for a longer duration of time. The user experience is improved in this android version. Better memory management system and battery conservation system makes the android KitKat version suitable to sue in the smartphones and tablets.
Features of Android Kitkat
In the below section, some of the major features offered by Android KitKat version are described below:
1. Betterment in memory management
The major focus to develop the android KitKat version is to make this android version compatible with 512 Mb RAM smartphones. Google has made certain changes in this version so that memory management can be done properly so that fewer RAM smartphones can also use this android version. By memory management, smartphones will become capable to do multi-tasking smoother and faster compared to other android versions.
2. Google Now application enhanced
The other feature is the enhancement in Google Now application in which when users say Ok Google, a new window will appear and the user can say anything that he wishes to search or explore. The Google Now application will also predict the information according to user interest and will display the results very quickly.
3. Immersive mode
By this feature, all the navigation bar buttons will be hide when the user is playing games so that display will be proper and clean for the user.
4. Use of sensors
The android version has added two sensors in the operating system that includes a step detector and step counter to track the user steps.
5. Support of cloud storage
The other main feature of the android KitKat version is the support of cloud storage. In the operating system, the Google drive is made as in-built so that the mobile phone can be connected to the cloud directly.
Importance of Android Kitkat
The Android KitKat is important because the battery consumption of the smartphone is always a concern for the smartphone user. This android version has worked on the battery management system and offered a new feature “battery saver mode” in which battery can be conserved so that the reserved battery cannot be used by the android system. The memory management is also improved in this version so that the low size of the RAM smartphone can also use this Android version.
Advantages of Android Kitkat
In the below section some of the major advantages of Android KitKat version is mentioned below:
- The first advantage is the display for the color transparent wraps the virtual button onto the touch screen. By this, the color of the display will look the same as the color seen in the wallpaper of the screen.
- The app drawer present by the screen has now become transparent so that the apps can be visible in a better way so that they can be used properly. In earlier Android versions, the app drawer was Varsi black which makes it inappropriate to see and sue the app drawer for accessing the mobile applications.
- In the home screen panel, the Google app becomes part of it so that the application can be used in a better way.
- The size of the menu icon has been increased in the Android KitKat version so that the icons can be displayed properly and clear so that all menu is properly visible to the user and then it can be used properly.
- One of the key advantages of this android version is an introduction to the battery saver system. The battery system is the feature which has a power saver mode pre-built only that helps for battery conservation and that battery power is not consumed by the android system.
- This android version increases the sensitivity of screen display responsiveness so that battery can be saved and mobile can be run for a longer duration of time. This version has focused to improve the battery system of smartphones as battery utilization is considered as the primary concern when selecting the right smartphones.
- The other major advantage of the Android KitKat android version is using the tri-core processor in the operating system. This processor helps to boost the speed of the operating system so that applications can be run faster and smoother compared to the previous android version.
The Android KitKat version is the type of operating system that is design for smartphones and tablets. It has 4.4. as of version number. The KitKat version offers several new features added which are not present in previous android versions. The main feature enhanced is battery management and memory management technologies. All these features make the android KitKat version popular and easy to use.
This is a guide to Android Kitkat. Here we discuss the concept of Android Kitkat and why it is used along with the features and importance. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –