Updated June 1, 2023
About Alok Nath
Alok Nath is an Indian film and television character actor known for his works in Hindi cinema. He made his debut in the 1982 film Gandhi. He is prominent for his roles as the stereotypical Indian father and has acted in over 100 films. He is mainly referred to as the “Babuji” of Bollywood.
History of Alok Nath
- Alok Nath is a veteran Indian film and television actor.
- He is famous for playing the role of a father or grandfather in many Indian films and television series.
- He has appeared in over 200 films and numerous television shows.
- Alok Nath’s career began in the 1980s with roles in television series such as Buniyaad, Rishtey, Sapna babul ka… Bidaai.
- He is known for his roles in films such as Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994), Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999), Maine Pyar Kiya (1989), Pardes (1997) and Vivah (2006).
- He has won several awards for his work, including the Bollywood Movie Award for Best Supporting Actor for Hum Aapke Hain Koun in 1995.
|Born||10 July 1956|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Weight||78 Kg (170 lbs)|
|Networth||$2 million (approx.)|
- Born in 1953 in a small town in Bihar, India.
- Grew up in a middle-class family.
- Started his career as a television actor in the late 80s.
- Gained recognition for his role in the TV series, Buniyaad (1986-1987)
- Established himself as a famous character actor in Bollywood movies in the 90s.
- 1980: Alok Nath began his career as a supporting actor in the Bollywood film Gandhi.
- 1980: He starred in the hit tv series Rishte-Naate as Babuji.
- 1990: He gained widespread recognition for his iconic role as ‘Babuji’ in the film Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!
- 1995: Alok Nath received a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal in the film “Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!”
- 1999: Alok Nath appeared in Hum Saath Saath hai as Ramkishan.
- 2005: Alok Nath won the Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actor for his performance in a Negative Role in the serial Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi show.
- 2007- 2010: Nath appeared in the serial Sapna Babul Ka… Bidaai as main lead’s uncle(mamaji).
- 2018: He won the Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Sonu ke Titu ki sweetie.
5 Best Movies
|Year||Movie Name||Character Name||Box Office Collection||
|1993||Hum Saath Saath Hain||Ramkishen||₹81.71 crore||Blockbuster|
|1996||Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!||Mr, Choudhary||₹121 crore||Blockbuster|
|2001||Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham…||Bauji||₹135.53 crore||Blockbuster|
|2002||Dil Hai Tumhara||Mr. Khanna||₹94 crore||Blockbuster|
- Alok Nath is the first Indian Actor to be given a wax statue in Singapore’s Madame Tussauds Museum.
- He has appeared in more than 100 films and is best known for playing the roles of a father or uncle in Indian cinema.
- The renowned Actor, Alok Nath, was featured in the critically acclaimed Bollywood comedy film, ‘Main Hoon Naa, released in 2004.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth-highest civilian award in India, in 2017.
- He has also been featured in several television shows and advertisements.
- Alok Nath is an avid cricket fan and has appeared in several commercials for cricket-related products.
Alok Nath is an Indian actor who has been part of many Bollywood films and television shows. He is known for his roles in popular movies like Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, Hum Saath Saath Hain, Vivaah, and many more.
1. National Film Awards
In 1999, Alok Nath received recognition for his outstanding talent as a supporting actor with the National Film Award for his portrayal in the film Hum Aapke Hain Kaun.
2. Star Screen Awards
He has been nominated for the Star Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor multiple times. In 1996 and 1999, he won twice for his performances in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun and Vivaah, respectively.
3. Zee Cine Awards
Alok Nath has been nominated for the Zee Cine Award for Best Supporting Actor multiple times. He won the award twice, in 1999 and 2002, for his performances in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun and Hum Saath Saath Hain.
4. IIFA Awards
Alok Nath has been nominated for the IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actor twice and won the award once in 1996 for his performance in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun.
Alok Nath is a veteran Indian film actor who has acted in over 200 films and television shows. He is widely recognized for his performances in the iconic Indian film “Hum Aapke Hain Kaun,” as well as his notable role in the popular television series “Bidaai.” He has been honored with numerous awards in his career, including the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2010 and the Padma Shri award in 2020.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Alok Nath” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,