About Akbar Khan
Akbar Khan is an Indian film director, actor, producer, and screenwriter. He is best known for his work in Hindi cinema. Khan has directed films, produced, and acted as well. He is the brother of Sanjay khan and Feroz khan, one of the most popular editors, directors, and producers of Indian Cinema. Born in 1949 in Bangalore, he worked in over 130 films, mainly in the action genre. He directed and produced several films, such as Taj Mahal: An Eternal Love Story and Haadsa.
Personal Statistics of Akbar Khan
|Born||7 July 1949|
|Alma Mater||Not Known|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Early Life of Akbar Khan
- Born in Bangalore in 1949.
- Father’s name is Sadiq Ali Khan, while the mother’s name is Fatima.
- Father was from Afghan, and mother belonged to Persian ancestry.
- Feroz khan and Sanjay khan are his siblings who are legendary filmmakers and actors.
- Khurshid and Dilshad are his sisters.
- He received his education in Bangalore. Having early education at the Bishop Cotton Boys’ School and received higher education at St. Germain High School.
- 1974 – Started as assistant director and worked in the first movie of his lifetime named Anjaan Rahain.
- 1972 – Worked as assistant director in a Hindi film called Apradh. His brother Feroz directed it.
- 1983 – Produced the movie Haadsa and directed the same.
- 1986 – Worked as an actor in Kala Dhnada Gorey Log, which Sanjay Khan directed.
- 1988 – Worked in the film Aakarshan and acted in the television series The sword of tipu sultan for the first 15 episodes.
- 2005 – Directed the produced Akbar The Great television serial and even acted in it. He also directed and produced the Taj Mahal – An eternal love story.
- 2011 – Acted in the movie Faltu and played the main lead role, Faraar, directed by Vashu Bhagnani.
5 Best movies
|Year||Movie Name||Character Name||Box Office Collection||Result|
|1983||Haadsa||Jai kumar||Rs 1.5 Crore||Average|
|1986||Kala Dhanda Goray Log||Ramu||Rs 2.1 Crore||Hit|
|1987||Muqaddar ka faisla||Dr Harish Kumar||Rs 3.5 Crore||Hit|
|2011||FALTU||Cameo||Rs 40 Crore||Superhit|
|2013||Shootout at Wadala||Haji Masood||Rs 54 Crore||Blockbuster|
- Akbar has business involvement in the petrochemical field and has its own petrochemical company named Abraiz petrochemicals.
- He also has business involvement in Iran.
- Akbar resides in the Juhu area of Mumbai and lives in Oberoi Enclave.
- His residence is close to his elder brother Feroz’s bungalow.
- Akbar plans to release his magnum opus named Taj Mahal- An eternal love story worldwide again as he thinks many people are still unaware of the movie’s release in 2005.
Akbar Khan has always given his best. He is a hard-working and innovative director, producer, and actor. However, he has yet to receive any awards.
Akbar Khan is one of the leading actors, directors, and producers of all time. He has contributed to Hindi movies and television serials throughout his life. Khan started his journey from scratch of being an assistant director. He has worked on films and magnum opus like taj Mahal, an eternal love story that was a big hit in the international market. Akbar is even thinking of relaunching it.