Updated June 1, 2023
Quick Info About Aanjjan Srivastav
Aanjjan Srivastav is an acclaimed Indian actor who has been active in the film and television industry since the late 1970s. He has appeared in numerous popular films and television shows, including ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham,’ ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii,’ ‘Ramayana,’ ‘Sarabhai vs Sarabhai,’ ‘Khichdi,’ ‘Chidiya Ghar,’ and many more. He has been widely praised for his brilliant acting skills, powerful dialogue delivery, and versatile characters. He has won numerous awards, including the Screen Videocon Award for Best Supporting Actor in 2001. Aanjjan Srivastav is an exceptional actor who has captivated the hearts of millions of fans around the world.
Aanjjan Srivastav is an Indian film and television actor. He has acted in over 250 films and numerous television serials. He is best known for his roles in films such as Salaam Bombay! Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, Mississippi Masala, Khuda Gawah, and pukar.
|Born||2 June 1948|
|Spouse||Mrs. Madhu Srivastav|
|Alma Mater||Not known|
|Zodiac Sign||Not Known|
Early life of Aanjjan Srivastav
- Aanjan Srivastav was born on 2 June in the year 1948 in Calcutta, West Bengal, India. He married Mrs. Madhu Srivastav. He began his career in 1976.
- He spends his childhood in Kolkata. His family was from Uttar Pradesh. His father worked as an employee at Allahabad Bank. Aanjjan completed his bachelor’s in commerce from Calcutta University and went further for the course of LLB at the same university. While pursuing his education, he participated in multiple Bengali and Hindi theatre groups during the same period. In 1968, he also performed plays for All India Radio.
- Around the same period, Aanjjan also worked as a supporting actor, played small roles in films such as Chameli Mem Shaed, and acted in cities including Kala Bhavan and Sangeet Kala Mandir.
Career of Aanjjan Srivastav
- Aanjjan joined Allahabad Bank as his father wished the same. But, along with that, he continued to play the supporting side actor roles in plays and films. After his sister and father died, he got transferred to Mumbai, and then he pursued his career in acting.
- As soon as he arrived in Mumbai, He joined IPTA, which is the Indian People’s Theatre Association. He worked as General Secretary there and became Vice president of IPTA ahead. He even worked for Prithvi Theatre during the same period.
- He began working in multiple plays in Bengal, like Kaya Kalp, Anwar, and Neel Darpan. He also played excellent roles in many of the stage plays arranged by IPTA, such as Safaid Kundali. Further, from his theatre group, he also got the opportunity to enter the film industry and worked in some of the renowned films, such as Gol Maal of 1979, Saza E Maut, and Ghulami.
- Further, Aanjjan also worked for multiple television serials, including Yeh jo hai zindagi, Nukkad, Tamas, Manoranjan, and Wagle ki duniya, where he played the main lead character and the common man. He even worked in the series named Discovery of India by Shyam Nenegal.
- Aanjjan performed his very first theatre show Kayakalp in 1967 under the direction of Sushila Mishra was a Bengali theatre show.
- Further, he did multiple Bengali shows for theatre, including Baati ghar, the Chinese wall, all my sons, Neel darpan, aashad ka ek in, chakkar e chakkar, kachwa aur khargosh, kisi ek phool ka naam lo, ak aur dronacharya and many others between the years of 1967 to 1978 all of which where Bengali dramas.
- Further, he did many Hindi theatre shows, including The ghost, Bakri, aap kaun hai, kya karte hai, kya karna chahte hai, dande ke ghoda, rakshas, surya ke waris, tajmahal ka tender, ek mamuli aadmi, darindey, hum deewane hum parwane, rishton ka live telecast, doodh king and many others.
Aanjjan Srivastav is an Indian actor who has appeared in numerous television shows over the years. Some of his notable television shows are Wagle ki Duniya (1988): Aanjjan Srivastav played the role of Gopi in this popular television series, which aired on Doordarshan, Yeh jo hai Zindagi in the year 1984, Nukkad got released in 1986 and continued till 1988. Further, he worked in the new show Bharat ki khoj in the year 1988.
After that, he continued working in multiple television shows, including Naya Nukkad, Alpviram, Oaltan, Bhanwar, Virrudh, Who rehne waali mehlon ki, Mrs. and Mr. Sharma Allahbadwale, Na bole tum… Na maine kuch kaha, Samvidhaan, Chandrashekhar, and many others. He is currently working in the show named Wagle ki duniya – Nayi peedhi naye kissey, which started in 2021 and is still getting telecasted, where he is playing the role of Srinivas Wagle.
Aanjjan Srivastav is an acclaimed Indian actor who has been active in the film and television industry since the late 1970s. He has appeared in numerous popular films and television shows, including Salaam Bombay!, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, Mississippi Masala, Khuda Gawah, pukar, and many more. He has been widely praised for his brilliant acting skills, powerful dialogue delivery, and versatile characters. Aanjjan Srivastav is an exceptional actor who has captivated the hearts of millions of fans around the world.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Aanjjan Srivastav” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,