Introduction to WPF Interview Questions and Answers
WPF stands for Windows Presentation Foundation. It is one of the key graphical representation of any kind of windows based system, which utilizing for rendering any kind of user interface for windows based application. It especially used in .net framework and very common questions in a .NET interview.
Now, if you are looking for a job which is related to WPF then you need to prepare for the 2020 WPF Interview Questions. It is true that every interview is different as per the different job profiles. Here, we have prepared the important WPF Interview Questions and Answers which will help you get success in your interview.
In this 2020 WPF Interview Questions article, we shall present 10 most important and frequently asked WPF Interview questions. These questions are divided into two parts are as follows:
Part 1 – WPF Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic WPF Interview Questions and Answers
Q1. Explain in details about Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) for an understanding of proper using of the same in case of .NET framework?
WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) is kind of one of the popular framework used by the .NET developer for designing and presenting proper user interfaces, images, movies, documents in any desktop application developed in windows platform.
Q2. Given more details about the utility available in case of using WPF in .NET or any windows based desktop application, why windows form cannot be replacing the same?
Normally WPF is following some of the key features like below, which mainly make it separate than others replacing methodology like windows form.
- WPF designed dot net code can be executed anywhere like windows or web.
- WPF framework helping the developer to write less number of code, means it always maintaining a very good binding of a different codebase.
- Using some common kind of styles or resources, so look and feel will be almost the same for an entire application.
- Followed one strong declarative programming style like XAML.
- Helpful for any kind of animation presentation, it always be an expression blend in case of animation presentation.
- It helps to accelerate the performance of any hardware which helps in fast execution of the code.
- It is working as independent resolution, so it always avoiding dependency on graphical hardware.
Let us move to the next WPF Interview Questions
Q3. Explain about XAML which is very much popular for those developers who are using WPF for developing one desktop application in windows. Give a proper example for a utility of XAML?
WPF framework is always being defined by introducing one specific XML file name is XAML, which is using for representing of designing proper WPF UI. Now, this XML representation helps a lot for the developer, as if developer define the UI representation proper in the XML file like XAML, then it can be easily reused for anywhere whether it is a windows application or a web application. So XAML in WPF always is defined as ‘write one and run them anywhere’. It is one of the key utility of using XAML for declaring WPF properly. So it will be very much effective for the developer for using the same, as some kind of XAML UI can be rendered easily in if the windows application whether a developer can easily reuse the same anywhere in the web.
Q4. Explain about XMLNS which is one of the key tag using in XAML file. Give some code example of defining the same?
This is the basic WPF Interview Questions asked in an interview. Xmlns is normally using for identifying some namespace in a proper XML file like XAML. It mainly helps the developer to avoid any kind of conflict in name or definition for one XML file. Suppose we are willing to define two tables in the same HTML file, considering one HTML file which contains one table of employee details and another HTML file contains information regarding employee salary. Now somehow for UI presentation developer needs to merge them and prepare one single HTML file which holds both of them, in this kind of case there has some possibility of conflicting the name, so a developer can define xmlns for identifying it.
Q5. Provide some clear differentiation between two popular tags XMLNS and XMLNS: X, which are using in define WPF configuration?
The functionality of both the tags is actually forgiven namespace. Here XMLNS is using a default namespace which can be utilized for resolving overall available WPF elements. Whereas the 2nd namespace XMLNS: X is using for resolving definition of XAML language.
Part 2 – WPF Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced WPF Interview Questions.
Q6. Given some popular example with code snippet of using “xmlns:x” for defining the specific namespace in XAML file at the time of configuring WPF?
There has normally two popular examples where a developer is following using xmlns:x tag very frequently. The example of those are given below:
- Sometimes a developer needs to write some code which will work as behind of normal UI view code. In that case, the developer using xmlns:x tag very frequently in case of utilizing x: class attribute.
<page xmlns = “….”
Xmlns = “….”
x:Class = “….”
- Secondly, it may use by the developer in case of providing one specific name of the element in UI.
<StackPanel x:Name = “….”
Q7. Provide clear difference between two popular tags “x: name” and “name”, identify where a need to use those appropriately?
There don’t have any such proper difference in between x: name and name, both are absolutely same just with some different representation. But some cases where classes do not define any kind of name property, in that case, a developer may habituate to use x: name property instead of that.
Let us move to the next WPF Interview Questions
Q8. Explain details about entire define controls in case of WPF define for any developer on .NET platform in case of developing a desktop application in windows based platform?
WPF controls can be defined in 4 categories:
- Control: Basic control which normally requires for designing UI like text box, buttons etc.
- Shape: For maintaining graphical presentation like eclipse, rectangle, round etc.
- Panel: For alignment and positioning of specific UI elements.
- Dynamic Control: Using for presenting some dynamic control inside the WPF UI.
Q9. Explain about entire object hierarchy of WPF configuration in case of developing a desktop based application in windows platform.
This is the most asked WPF Interview Question in an interview. Object a Dispatcher a Dependency à Visual an Element of UI an Element of the framework
- Object: Represents.Net object class.
- Dispatcher: Ensuring thread safety, used by one thread of presenting WPF UI object.
- Dependency: Maintaining dependency between two WPF object in the same UI.
- Visual: Maintaining visual representation of WPF UI.
- Element of UI: Implementing events, layout or input.
- Element of Framework: Implementing style, resources, and bindings of UI elements.
Q10. Is it possible to replace DirectX by using WPF in proper manner?
No WPF is still not that much advance for replacing DirectX. DirectX still very much required for preparing any kind of cutting edge games or preparing some high definition video. The high definition video performance is much better in DirectX to compare to WPF.
This has been a guide to the list of WPF Interview Questions and Answers Here we have listed the most useful 10 interview sets of questions so that the jobseeker can crack the interview with ease. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –