Cricket’s global reach is still constrained compared to the highest-paying international sports. Cricket players listed below, however, made it onto the list of the world’s highest-paid athletes. The Asian subcontinent still has a high passion for cricket, which has led to its tremendous recent commercial growth. Have a look at this list of the world’s richest cricketers.
Top 6 Richest Cricketers In The World
Six of the world’s richest cricketers’ information and accomplishments have given below.
#1 Adam Gilchrist
This Australian cricketer is the world’s richest cricketer in 2023. The wicket-keeper batsman was the captain of the Australia national cricket team and retired from international cricket after his final game, which took place in Adelaide from January 24 to 28, 2008, against India. He is currently the Australian cricket commentator.
|Name||Adam Craig Gilchrist|
|Born||14 November 1971, Bellingen, New South Wales, Australia|
|Net Worth||Approx $380 Million|
|Alma Mater||Kadina High School|
|Children||Annie Jean Gilchrist, Archie Gilchrist, Harrison Gilchrist, Ted Gilchrist|
- In 2002, Adam Gilchrist was one of five Wisden Cricketers of the Year.
- He has the singular accomplishment of scoring at least 50 runs in back-to-back World Cup finals (1999, 2003, and 2007).
- Gilchrist was publicly acknowledged to the esteemed ICC Hall of Fame in 2013.
#2 Sachin Tendulkar
In August 1996, the Indian cricket player debuted as the team’s captain. Just before India’s two-match test series against the West Indies in October 2013, Sachin Tendulkar announced his retirement from the sport. The 40-year-old was to finish his career as the test cricket player with the most runs scored in history.
|Name||Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar|
|Born||24 April 1973 in Dadar, Mumbai|
|Net Worth||Approx $165 Million|
|Alma Mater||Sharadashram Vidyamandir High school, Dadar.|
|Children||Sara Tendulkar and Arjun Tendulkar|
- In 1997, Sachin Tendulkar was one of five Wisden Cricketers of the Year.
- In 2010, he won the title of ICC Cricketer of the year – The biggest award in the ICC listings
- In 2014, he received the Bharat Ratna – India’s highest civilian award
#3 Virat Kohli
The Indian international cricket player was formerly the captain of the Indian cricket team in 2014. He is widely considered one of the best limited-overs batters of all time.
|Born||5 November 1988, Delhi|
|Net Worth||Approx $127 Million|
|Alma Mater||Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi|
- In 2016, Kohli was “Wisden Leading Cricketer of the Year.”
- Virat Kohli received the Arjuna Award, India’s highest sporting honor, in 2013.
- He also holds the Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian honor.
#4 MS Dhoni
One of the most cherished Indian captains is MS Dhoni. He is the first cricket captain to have won all three Cricket World Cups, the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, and the ICC Champions Trophy.
|Name||Mahendra Singh PanSingh Dhoni|
|Born||7 July 1981 Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|Net Worth||Approx $125 Million|
|Alma Mater||DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
- In 2008 and 2009, Dhoni was the ICC ODI Player of the Year.
- He holds the ICC Spirit of Cricket Award for the 2011–2020 decade.
- His prowess in sports earned him India’s top distinction, the Dhyanchand Khel Ratna award.
#5 Sourav Ganguly
In 2000, the “Prince of Kolkata” was captain of the Indian cricket team, and he later rose to prominence as one of the best ODI batsmen ever. His nickname “Daada” is well-known among the general public.
|Name||Sourav Chandidas Ganguly|
|Born||8 July 1972 Behala Kolkata, West Bengal, India.|
|Net Worth||Approx $80 Million|
|Alma Mater||St. Xavier’s Collegiate School, Kolkata, West Bengal|
- He is the only cricketer to have received man of the match honors in four straight ODIs.
- He led India to 11 victories in 28 international Test matches.
- He is the third-quickest player to make 10,000 ODI runs.
#6 Ricky Ponting
In the “golden age,” which spanned from 2004 to 2011, Ponting served as the Australian national team’s captain. He is currently an Australian cricket coach, commentator, and former cricketer.
|Name||Ricky Thomas Ponting|
|Born||19 December 1974, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia|
|Net Worth||Approx $70 Million|
|Alma Mater||Brooks High School|
|Spouse||Rianna Jennifer Cantor|
|Children||Emmy Charlotte, Matisse Ellie, and, Fletcher Willam|
- He was the first player to reach the century mark against every Test-playing nation in ODI cricket.
- The CA honored him with the Allan Border Medal in 2004, 2006, 2007, and 2009.
- He was an Australia Post Legend of Cricket 2021 in 2021.
Cricket is the second most popular sport because it has a strong hold on many people’s hearts. In addition to being among the world’s richest cricketers, the sportspeople who made this list serve as role models for millions and have helped their nations reach new heights. These athletes have strived, fought, and worked hard to reach milestones, and they continue to encourage countless young people to follow their dreams.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “World’s Richest Cricketers” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,
- Akshay Kumar
- Top 10 Richest Women in the World
- Richest Actors In The World
- Richest Families in the World