Introduction To Wix Alternatives
With multiple offices at 12 locations worldwide and a marketing business model for e-commerce, online marketing, email marketing, and several other WIX is an Israel based cloud-based web development platform. With its inception in the year 2006, Wix has revenue of worth $603.70 million with total assets of around $214.97.
Wix has a huge customer base as they are offering website building at a flexible rate suitable to a different segment of users as per their need. In this article, we are going to see Wix alternatives available in the market. But first, let’s go through some Pros and Cons Wix has –
It has Beautifull Templates, Flexible Design Controls, an Excellent Application Market, and Site Backup. There are some limitations of using Wix as it is not the cheapest solution available in the market (for sure), Template Selection (once time), Not Good For Bigger Business and Design Flexibility.
List of Wix Alternatives
Different Wix Alternatives available in the market are as follows –
An undisputed king for Content management with an open source code structure that allows users with the freedom to modify their website the way they prefer. Either it to create a blogging website or an entire online store set up there isn’t much you can’t do with this web builder solution. With the implementation of the wooCommerce plugin, a user can quickly bloom its personal website to a fully functional online store, with over 100 payment gateways.
- The templates have an endless list
- Free plugins inbuilt
- Ever-increasing user base
- Design freedom
- Suitable for bloggers, freelancers, entrepreneurs, professionals, and online business
- Hosting costs start from $6 onwards.
- Template charges $27 onwards (look for ThemeForest)
- Again depending upon your business type, you may need plugins which range up to $200
- Programmer charges if customization is there
Why choose WordPress over Wix? If you need a completely flexible solution that empowers you with 100% customization then you must go with WordPress.
Weebly has a great user-friendly web building platform in term of both aesthetics and accessibility. The best part apart from its business model is the development framework which is suitable for novice developers as well. It encourages developers to seamlessly transfer data while the development is going on between different templates. Customer support sets the bar even high for Weebly competitors. It is best Wix alternative as a Weebly website user can opt for phone, chat, ticket based assistance with a responsive and effective solution.
- Empowers to build a website from scratch: The platform to create stunning websites with advanced functionalities. They offer the users some predesigned templates with customization tools. With their WYSIWYG editors, a user can control each step of the web development process.
- A dedicated blogging platform: Many users just need a blogging platform, this segment is growing in numbers with the advancement among the people worldwide.
- Marketing mechanism: They have got powerful email marketing tools suitable for any size of business. A pre-designed toolkit that includes email building features, marketing statistics, support tools, the layout within itself.
- E-commerce benefit: An e-commerce web store setup was never an easy task, so if you need an online store addition to your business, Weebly would definitely be a better solution. Let’s see some astonishing feature of it.
- Integrated Shopping cart
- Secure checkouts
- Inventory management and tracking
- Customizable e-commerce template availability
- Advanced SEO
- Starter @$8/month
- Pro @$12/month
- Business @$25/month
- Performance @$38/month
Why choose Weebly over Wix? A better blogging option, better designs and good for multiple page website need. With visual editor benefit, the development is easy and quick even with the newbie developers.
Squarespace is the largest competitors as they have a similar business strategy and covers nearly equal functionalities as offered by Wix. They guarantee their users with stunning web templates, easy adaptable application to the web, mobile, and pads. With the addition to web development with desirable properties, they also have fully functional e-commerce options. They have good and knowledgeable customer service.
They have limited payment gateways, which is a serious concern for the Squarespace owners right now. This has further disadvantages as people cannot accept money in a variety of currency. This is a hindrance to their global dictatorship.
- Polish template: Squarespace offers a vast selection of stylish and trendy themes suitable for any kind of business need, with a professional touch
- Packed all-in-one builder: Each template has a set of pre-installed features that might range from SEO tools to inbuilt analytics capturing ability, RSS subscription and much more
- Security: Squarespace uses the latest technologies to enhance their web security features and claims they have 100% fraud protection techniques.
- Personal @$12/month
- Business @$18/month
- Online Store @$26(basic)/month
- Online Store @$40(Advanced)/month
Why choose Squarespace over Wix? If you are looking to have more of blogging website and has a no or limited need of SEO, go for Squarespace. Also, it is better for smaller e-commerce setup. Unlike Wix, if you choose Squarespace, you do not have to stick with one platform forever. You can import/export and leave the platform forever. Squarespace is Git enabled, which means it has the power to access the older version of your website. These are a bit complicated but complete versatile web builder and hosting platform. You can opt for their 14 days trial period to evaluate better as per your need followed by a paid version.
As you can see, there is no shortage of Wix alternatives in the market however you must think upon your need and why you want to build a website. Our discussion will definitely be helpful to give you a broader look. Choosing the right tool is always necessary to decorate your job. This goes well with the website development business. For some have blogging need, some have SEO need in addition to blogging, some are looking to sell/rent things, and the counting is unlimited. Last but never the least, we would like to address our reader and all those who are planning to make a digital presence go through the below mentioned high-level point of concern before they actually spend.
- Are you comfortable with one fixed layout (means no further changes)
- Your need? Blogging or business
- Personal or professional or enterprise level?
- %age of customization
This has been a guide to WIX Alternatives. Here we have discussed the WIX Alternatives, which are available in the market with their features and pricing details. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –