Introduction to Microsoft Planner
The application developed for effective project management built by Microsoft. It enables the teams to plan, create, organize, and assign the task visually. With the support of Microsoft planners, the organization can offer better productivity and facilitates coordination and visibility among the team. Like board applications, Microsoft planner is implemented as complementary to tools such as Asana, Slack, and Trello and accessed via Office 365. It breaks the complex task into small plans and buckets to make ease of access, and it helps to accomplish the task as soon as possible. The important features, applications, advantages, and limitations of the Microsoft planner are briefly discussed.
Why we use Microsoft Planner?
It is used to create new plans, which are equivalent to make organized categories of the task. Every task is allotted with the assigned employee, ahead to guide the project, label, and deadline of the target. It is associated with Microsoft Groups and creates many groups based on the newly created project and updates its status according to make the plan to be completed effectively. Multiple teams start to comment on plans and update them with their views. It is used to satisfy all project management requirements, welcoming brainstorming ideas, management of campaign regarding marketing and advertisement, and preparing a schedule for a client meeting. It extended its support according to user subscription, education, enterprise premium schemes, business requirements, and Outlook 365. The significant features of Microsoft planner are listed below,
It includes the supplemental data for activities needed for business plans like meeting memos, links to be shared, pictures, essential checklist, marked flags, and inline comments posted. The project is well-organized into the type of department and quarters. The user interface is customized to makes suitable productivity with many necessary options like drag and drop, progress report, pictorial representation, calendar view, and pinned favorites. It can be integrated with cross-device support with Android and iOS. The users to the concerned project have given special access to the group.
How to use Microsoft Planner?
- The Microsoft Planner is an adaptable tool for particular cases.
- It can be implemented effectively in minimum size projects
- The team adapts it following agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- It doesn’t require any resource needs to be separately managed, and there should be no dependencies between any tasks.
- Connecting the project to an online client is done through the standard interface or made using any thirty parties software.
- Now, most of the organization is switched to an agile framework to accomplish the task in a step by step iterations. It gives extensive flexibility and structures the plans based on the necessities, areas, topic, and phases.
Microsoft’s to-do tool provides a unique option for task management. It can create the user-customized to-do checklist that makes an effective tool for individual users. It can be further developed to Wunderlist, which aims at only the person’s productivity. It is used to compile every task and update the team with their status that can be operated using drag and drop techniques. It throws multiple advantages when it is implied within a concerned team and is also used to track the work of the person. The project online is a mature tool that is used for portfolio, project, dependency mapping, resource management. It is used to compute the entire schedule if an emergency acts as a central hub to manage complicated cases.
An expert plans the project management necessities, but the implementation of a Microsoft planner enables the employee to handle their task, deliverables, and to-do items. It enhances the employee’s engagement level to associate and track their activity, which helps the employee finish within the deadline and prevent them further escalations. It is used to select between MS project and MS planner that becomes the streamlined process designed for discrete and small-sized projects. MS planner is incorporated into the Microsoft team directly, which is used to track the workload. MS planner well-organized the task and organizes it effectively. The MS planner task should be described properly, and attach all the needed documents related to the task. Integrate and leverage the planner with specific constraints that can cover all the Q and A sessions regarding the task to make it clearer and understandable. Review the emergency and critical task more than once to avoid any escalation or client issues.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Microsoft Planner
Few advantages of the MS planner is discussed below:
- It can be easily installed in the accounts, added to the user dashboard, and invite the related team members within a few minutes. With the mail id, it is easy to invite the non-team employees by using MS planner
- MS planner comes with a reasonable price tag, and its free version is extensive, which throws fundamental integration with other applications
- MS planner is a reliable tool and facilitates instant update of information as its service is available at any time it has faced the down issues for only a few minutes in the past decades.
- The labeling and formatting of the card are easy and flexible; it carries only the employee id as it can be easily identified. It is also used to create a multi-checklist and enables the entry of long text.
- The tool operated on any screen for the iPhone, mobile applications, and Android and proved to be user-friendly. The tag option is enabled to point to the comments of a person.
- The few limitations of MS planners are paid on and are enabled for every track. The tag and label option cannot be enabled for all the tasks; it only restricted to 12 labels. It is tough to swap a few items by drag and drop; it should be done manually. Paid subscription for higher dimensional files. Moving from one point to another needs many extra clicks.
Hence, all the MS planner features are explained and made it a remarkable project management tool that can be deployed instantly.
This is a guide to What is Microsoft Planner. Here we discuss an introduction to Microsoft Planner, why we use it, how to use it, along with the advantages and disadvantages. You can also go through our other related articles to learn more –