Introduction to Eclipse IDE
The Eclipse is defined as platform for developing the computer-based applications using various programming language like JAVA, Python, C/C++, Ruby and many more. The Eclipse is IDE (Integrated development kit) and mainly JAVA based programming is done in this platform. There are several plug-ins and other additional plug-ins can be installed in the platform. The advanced client applications can be developed. The JDT is used for doing the programming in Eclipse IDE.
Importance of Eclipse IDE
Given below are the several importance factors that are mentioned:
1. Code insight or code competition
For any type of IDE platform, the identifying of function and keywords for any particular programming language is always a crucial part. In the Eclipse IDE the plugins are available for every programming type language so that it is capable of identifying the keywords very easily and helps to develop the applications in this platform.
2. Provide workspace
It provides the workspace in which user can bundle all the projects in single workspace. In that single workspace the source files, artifacts, images all can be stored in the workspace. The user has the complete functionality to select the name of workspace and manage the projects in single workspace.
3. Provide editors and views
It provides the editors and views for navigating in between IDE and change the content. These different views are known as perspective in eclipse IDE. For every particular group of data separate view is provided to user. Every view has its own hierarchical data and when user click on other view the data hierarchy is changed and get displayed of that particular view. For e.g. the project explorer view displays the list of all projects on which user is currently working. The user can access the files and projects in the project explorer view.
Features of Eclipse IDE
Given below are the several advanced features:
- For any software the software update system is always the key mechanism. For the eclipse IDE the software update system is very simple as the developer can easily add the plug-ins that help the developer to develop the advanced version of applications.
- The dependencies are very limited in the eclipse platform as the IDE gives the facility by providing simple dialog box in which user select the software and add-ons that needed to be in eclipse platform.
- Enterprise based java tooling is supported by the eclipse platform. As there are several tools available in this IDE for creating the JEE projects. The user can download the JavaEE bundle that can be used for developing the web-based applications.
- The platform also supports JPA tooling and JSF tooling, web service development and also supports to edit the XML files. In the platform the server view tab is available in which application can be deployed in any server as per user requirements.
- The Spring developers also uses the same IDE platform as the eclipse also supports spring-based applications.
- It is used for the modelling purpose as it can be perfect example for the modelling tool and models can be easily created in the eclipse tool. The EMF technology is used for creating the models for the projects.
- For any IDE the perspective is also the main feature that need to be focused. There are several perspectives in the eclipse IDE like JEE perspective, plug in development, debugging perspective helps to view the modules separately.
- The testing can be done easy using the Eclipse IDE. The debugging process can be run smoothly for finding the bugs and threats in the application. The testing job can be run to find the threats so that application can be developed smoothly.
- The plug-ins are available for the Eclipse IDE and user can find the plug-ins in the Eclipse marketplace. The different type of plug-ins like static analysis, checking of code style, checking of version of system are all available in the Eclipse Marketplace.
Why do we use Eclipse IDE ?
Given below are the several reasons why the eclipse IDE is mostly used for programming purpose.
- It has captured the market around 65% as the platform is leading java-based development environment. It is used because it provides the functionality add several different components in the platform that are known as plug-ins. Different type of IT organization prefer the Eclipse IDE because of this functionality.
- It is also used because it supports several programming languages. The applications can be developed in different programming language like C, C ++, Python, Lua, PHP, Perl, JAVA and other programming language. Most of the developers preferred Eclipse IDE for developing JAVA based applications as the IDE has several advanced features for the development of java-based applications.
- The Eclipse DIE is also used because in every year the new release is offered for the eclipse IDE. The latest version can be used by the developers for developing the applications. The platform offers packaged solutions so that developer can use the packages during the development phase.
- The installation process of the eclipse IDE is comparatively easy to other IDE. The user can download the pre-packaged bundle so that user directly downloads and install the eclipse for programming purpose. This is the main reason why most of the developers preferred the Eclipse IDE over other IDEs for programming purpose.
- It is also used because of simplified user interface in which user can code easily and develop the rich feature application. The workspace is provided by the platform in which user can bundle all the projects in single workspace.
The Eclipse IDE is rich features IDE that supports various programming features for the developers and ease their work for development of advanced application in eclipse platform. It is mostly preferred for the java-based application development. It supports various programming languages that make the platform favorable for the programmers to use for application development.
This is a guide to What is Eclipse IDE? Here we discuss the introduction Eclipse IDE with its respective importance, features and uses. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –