Introduction to Automation
Automation is defined as the process of development of such a technology that can help in the production of goods, items, and various services. This process helps to monitor the production that was earlier done by human beings. The process of automation can be done in different sectors like transport, defense, manufacturing, operations, utilities, information technology and facilities sector, and many other sectors. The automation process is mainly designed to reduce human effort and save the time of production of goods so that productivity can be increased and also the accuracy of production.
Why do we Need Automation?
As the automation process is beneficial for the industries and individuals it is carried in different sectors and there is a need for this process in the production of goods. Some of the needs of the process are described below:
- It is necessary as it helps to increase labor productivity. By applying the process the production rate of goods and services increases and also increases labor productivity. This process is important as we can get better output in less time.
- It is needed by many organizations as it helps to reduce labor costs. If this process is not applied in an organization it will increase the investment cost that can affect the organization’s growth. So, to reduce this the process is necessary to reduce the manual effort and automate the process executed in the organization.
- It is necessary as it helps to overcome the problem of labor shortage in the organization. The automation process helps to make the organization process automated that eliminates the dependency of labor which helps to reduce the labor shortage problem. In any organization, there is always a problem of labor availability that affects organization productivity. The solution to this problem is the process.
- The other important necessity factor for applying the process is the safety of a worker who works in the organization. This can be applied to perform those operations that have a high risk of injury in the organization. For example, in the metal industry, the melting of iron operations can be made automated to reduce the risk of injury and protect the workers from injury.
- The automation process is needed for the organization as it helps to improve the product quality and helps to improve the manufacturing process executed in the organization.
- It is necessary to deliver the product on time as the automation process is speedy and helps to increase the production rate of the organization. The automation process helps to improve the production rate of goods and services without compromising the quality.
- The other vital factor is that the automation process is necessary for the organization to carry out those operations that cannot be done manually. Some operations that are carried out in industries need automated effort. For example, lifting some heavy goods and for that, some process is required.
Importance of Automation
Many industries and organizations always focus on the investment cost and productivity rate for their benefit. The automation process is important for those organizations to reduce the setup cost and increase their production rate. The automation process helps to achieve a high level of productivity for the goods and services offered by the industries and organizations. Some of the important factors for automation are described below:
- This process is important as it helps to increase the productivity rate and helps to improve the production process of the organization. The quality of the product, production time, production cost all these factors are all affected by the process.
- Beneficial for all types of organizations and helps to achieve the demand of the market and produce the goods and services on time.
Uses of Automation
The uses of the automation process are described below:
- Used in the IT sector to develop so many applications to reduce human effort.
- Used in the food sector for the production of food items in bulk quantity.
- The automation process is used in metal industries for lifting heavy objects and other operations that cannot be done manually and required automated processes.
Advantages of Automation
The automation process has several advantages for the organization. Some of the advantages are described below:
1. Increase availability
As the automation process helps to reduce the production cost and production time it helps the system to be available every time and the process can execute continuously. The process does not change automatically once it is designed it will produce the same result without compromising quality. The process also helps in disaster recovery compared to manual operations.
2. Greater reliability
The automation process helps to make the organization’s operations reliable. As the result produced by the process is the same it eliminates the risk of producing wrong results and always produces correct results. By performing the process, manual operations can be eliminated that will increase the system reliability and help the organization in producing better results.
3. Reduced costs
The process is advantageous for the organization as it helps to reduce the number of labor which reduce labor cost, make the operations automated so that continuous monitoring is not required for those process which decreases the efforts and increases productivity. As several processes become automated it will benefit organizations and industries to reduce their investment cost and increase productivity.
4. Better performance
The automated process helps to perform the operations very fast and in less time. The manual operations take more time to compare to the automated processes and also need continuous monitoring for better results. The automated process eliminates such dependency and helps to achieve the desired accuracy for the organization.
The automation process uses is increasing day by day in every sector as it helps the industries to make their market better. The process helps to achieve a higher level of productivity, helps to reduce the production cost, and saves time. It also helps to remove the manual dependency and make all the organizational operations automated. The process will become mandatory for all types of organizations in the upcoming time.
This is a guide to What is Automation. Here we discuss the Importance, Uses, Several Advantages, and Why we need Automation. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –
- Automation Testing Process
- Benefits of Automation Testing
- What is Test Automation Frameworks?
- Automation Testing Tools