Introduction to Arduino UNO
The Arduino Uno is a type of Arduino board that is provided as an open-source board that uses an ATmega328p microcontroller in the board. The Arduino Uno contains a set of analog and digital pins that are input and output pins which are used to connect the board to other components. There are a total of fourteen I/O pins placed inboard in which six are analog input pins. The board has a USB connection that can be used to a power supply to the board. The board is used for electronics projects and used to design the circuit.
What is Arduino UNO?
The Arduino UNO is categorized as a microcontroller that uses the ATmega328 as a controller in it. The Arduino UNO board is used for an electronics project and mostly preferred by the beginners. The Arduino UNO board I type of Arduino board only. The Arduino board is the most used board of all Arduino boards. The board contains 14 digital input/ output pins in which 6 are analog input pin, one power jack, USB connector, one reset button, ICSP header, and other components. All these components are attached in the Arduino UNO board to make it functioning and can be used in the project. The board is charged by USB port or can be directly charged by the DC supply to the board.
Why is Arduino UNO Used?
The Arduino UNO board is mostly used by the beginners that can use in electronics project and do programming in this board. The board has regular innovation and a bug fix in the design of the board to make the board suitable for the project’s use. The Arduino UNO board is considered as the most used board and a standard board used by the rookie in their projects. The Arduino UNO board is primarily used over other Arduino products because of the following reasons.
- As the board can be easily connected to the other computer system via USB port. The USB port fixed in the board serves two purposes. It can be used to supply the power supply to the board and can act as a serial device to connect the board to a computer system.
- The board is capable to get the power supply from DC adaptor having a voltage of 12 V. The board can be charged from this external power supply.
- The microcontroller used in the board I.e. ATmega328 has the flexibility provided to the board. It means the controller chip can be replaced, removed from the board in case of damage or improper functioning of the chip. This flexibility functionality is not provided in other Arduino boards.
- The board pins are capable of functioning for constant power supply of 5 v. The digital and analog pins are used to adjust the voltage supply in the board.
- As the board design is simple it can be used by multiple users and the community support for the Arduino UNO board.
- The Arduino UNO board has a list of several hardware components and has the capability to interact with those devices. The device includes Bluetooth, internet, motor control, and many more.
- The main use of the Arduino UNO board over other Arduino board is the price factor. The price of this board is lowest compared to other Arduino products. This is the main reason beginners prefer this board over other boards.
Features of Arduino UNO
In the below section, some of the important features of the Arduino UNO board are mentioned below:
1. The board contains the USB interface support that enables the board to act as a serial device and provide the functionality to connect the board to other interfaces. The USB interface is also used to provide power supply to the board.
2. In the Arduino UNO board, there is a chip placed that is directly plugged to the USB port and acts as a virtual type serial port for the computer system. By this, communication becomes very smooth and helps the board to connect to various types of computer systems.
3. The microcontroller used in the Arduino UNO board ATMega328 is easy to available and can be used easily. The board contains other components like PWM pins, timers, external interrupts or internal interrupts, and other types of sleep modes.
4. The board is provided as an open-source tool that has its own advantage as a large number of users use this board and help to troubleshoot other problems related to the board. By this, the debugging activities related to the project become easy steps.
5. The pins used in the board act as an oscillator that has a frequency of around 16 MHz that is beneficial for most of the applications. The speed of the microcontroller does not change by this.
6. The board has another feature of voltage regulation that helps to regulate the power supply on the board. The board can be provided power supply directly without using external power and USB port can be used for this purpose. The 12V power supply can be used as an external power supply for the board.
7. The Arduino UNO pins contain thirteen digital and six analog-type pins in it. The pins provide the functionality to the board to connect the hardware to the board. The computer capability can be increased using these pins.
8. The tool has also one ICSP connector which helps to make the USB port bypass and connect the Arduino directly and act as a serial device.
9. The board has a total of 32 KB size flash memory that is used to store the data in it.
10. The board has also one LED fitted inboard to make the debugging process easy and help to find the bugs in the code.
11. And the board has also one reset button that helps to restart the program using the board.
The Arduino UNO is a type of Arduino product that is used in electronics project and circuit design mostly by the beginners. There are various features that make the board suitable for the use and preferred over other Arduino products. The selection of right Arduino products is based on user requirement but the Arduino UNO is a standard board compared to Arduino products.
This is a guide to What is Arduino UNO?. Here we discuss the Introduction to Arduino UNO and Why Arduino UNO is Use along with its features in detail. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –