Updated February 22, 2023
Introduction to UiPath Test Suite
UiPath test suite is one of the tools of RPA that is robotic process automation which helps get some of the most accurate and predictive solutions. It is available for public use and is used for testing the automation processes and products. In this article, we will dive into the topic of the UiPath Test suite. First, we will try to understand what the UiPath test suite is, how the UiPath Test Suite, test suite – Automated Testing Tools, Breaking down – Test Suite, Features of UiPath Test Suite is, and finally concludes our statement.
What is the UiPath test suite?
UiPath Test Suite is a complete package of tools that are combined tightly and also provides the integration facility, which brings along with it the capability to establish a connection between the test suite and the ALM tools that we require, also allowing us to run the testing process of our software development life cycle. The test suite tries to connect the principles of Robotic Process Automation and testing automation, which brought great popularity and necessity in the market. We can develop our complete suite of function testing solutions using this single tool.
How does the UiPath Test Suite work?
When you go to teach function testing inside the software, it often requires multiple processes and tools. Therefore, we must also ensure that all the solutions, processes, and tool functionalities are tightly integrated to get proper, agile, and build-driven execution.
Software Development Life cycle involves a very important part of testing. The testing process involves hiring many testers and generating all the possible test cases to ensure the software works fine.
UiPath test suite – Automated Testing Tools
The tools that are used in the UiPath test suite for automating the testing process are as listed below –
- Studio pro
- Test management hub
- Test manager
Breaking down – UiPath Test Suite
There are various components of the test suite that we will try to break down and understand in this section –
UiPath studio pro is a component used to create automated tests that are as easy as creating the workflows of RPA. Studio pro creates some of the most precise and expert testing cases to automate the program testing. In the scenarios of pipelines Ci/ CD, we can develop individual test projects of automation that can be used to verify the data and incorporate the scenario.
Operations are present in a serial manner inside the linear testing scenarios and have multiple entry points. These projects can be automated for testing using studio pro. We invoke and give a call to the files of .xaml format for every execution as there is no presence of key inside the file of workflow.
The translation of studio pro to test cases inside the workflows of RPA is common. Other projects can also be imported as test cases. The orchestrator is responsible for handling, writing, and test case execution tasks present in the application’s testing projects.
The test cases done on the test robots inside the studio pro can be done by the orchestrator. Along with that, it also helps in running the workflows of RPA and allows the users to post any test cases from the projects to manage the pages of test cases present inside the orchestrator. The Ci/ CD pipeline can help us build it, or we can use the timetable.
Test management hub
The test management hub’s motive is to integrate all the testing suites of UiPath inside the tracking system of bugs placed externally. It also helps provide the logging information and the images or screenshots of testing execution with third-party tools such as JIRA or other ALM tools by using the API connectors. The only motive is to assign the generated test cases, user stories, or other information or artifacts to the requirement.
This component is the test management hub’s web application that helps us execute our testing process. The fields that are functional and are provided by this component are listed here –
- The creation of deficiencies is done automatically due to the results generated from the testing.
- Testing happens manually.
- There is a provision to gain the test case summary using the dashboards and reports facility.
- Test cases can be assigned with specifications.
- Studio pro is used for automating the task of assigning the test cases.
- Manual test cases can be assigned the task capture, and the same documentation can be done.
Features of UiPath Test Suite
Various features of the Test Suite are listed in the below section –
- We can integrate the test suite with multiple and required ALM tools as it has an integration feature provided that also includes the JIRA tool. A decrease in the requirement for a huge number of workers or employees also helps improve the organization’s performance and customer service.
- Screen scraping and workflow automation are the two pillars of UiPath Automation. It relies on that also provides the drag and drop feature, resulting in a software-independent operational process.
- We can develop automation accurately and timely because it comes in with the in-built feature of recorders of types Citrix environment, terminal emulators, and desktop applications.
- Third parties are used for bringing the automation of the applications, which makes UiPath a comprehensive and complete solution for the automation of applications, IT processes of the companies, and software integration.
- The labor requirement is minimized as the software bots of the test suite try to imitate the human aspect and people, which also forms the core component of RPA.
- The cleric procedures are versatile and involve very few steps, making it easy to use lifecycle.
UiPath Test suite is a tool consisting of various features and components, which makes the process of automating the software development lifecycle testing process easy and comprehensive.
This is a guide to UiPath Test Suite. Here we discuss the various components of the UiPath test suite that we will try to break down. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –