About Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu is among India’s most popular tourist places due to its natural beauty, distinct culture, and religious importance. The state is home to various pilgrim-friendly sacred sites, historical monuments, extensive plantations, fascinating hill stations, diversified fauna, delicious food, and many festivals. Tamil Nadu is easily accessible by car, bus, train, or flight.
Top 6 Turist Places in Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu’s capital city is Chennai. Chennai is famous for its beautiful beaches, shopping centers, amusement parks, zoos, malls, wildlife habitats, bird sanctuaries, and the most exquisite temples you’ll ever see. There are numerous significant tourist attractions in Chennai that one must ensure their visit includes the finest of this city.
Map: Chennai Map
Must Visit Places in Chennai:
- Marina Beach
- Elliot’s Beach
- Covelong Beach
- Madras Crocodile Bank
- Sri Parthasarathy Temple
- Kapaleeshwar Temple
- San Thome Church
Best Time to Visit Chennai:
The optimum season to visit Chennai is from October to February, i.e., from the end of monsoon to the beginning of winter. The temperature is suitable during this time of year and is not overly hot and humid.
Things to Do in Chennai:
- Pondy Bazaar, Anna Salai, and Mylapore are great places to buy sarees, jewelry, and other handicrafts.
- Enjoy the excellent local cuisine and party at 10 Downing Street or The Westminster.
- Spend quality time in Marina Beach.
The city is at the country’s southernmost tip and is an exciting tour for any visitor. Kanyakumari is among the few spots where three oceans meet; it serves as the meeting point for the Indian Ocean, the Bay of Bengal, and the Arabian Sea.
Map: Kanyakumari Map
Must Visit Places in Chennai:
- Kanyakumari Beach
- Vivekananda Rock Memorial
- Sarvani Shaktipeeth Shri Bhagavathy Temple
- Our Lady of Ransom Church
- Mahatma Gandhi Mandapam
Best Time to Visit Kanyakumari:
- The best time to visit Kanyakumari is during the winter (October to March).
- Summer temperatures (April to May) range from 22 and 35 ° C., and the climate can be humid.
- The monsoon season (June to August) brings cooler temperatures.
Things to Do in Kanyakumari:
- Visit Kumari Amman Temple or the Vattakottai Fort on an excursion tour.
- Relax on the beaches of Sanguthurai, Sothavilai, or Kanyakumari.
- Visit the well-known Vivekananda Rock Memorial.
Coimbatore is not only the southern heart but also a center of learning. There are numerous educational institutes, engineering colleges, and universities. The taste of drinking water in Coimbatore is unlike any other. Ukkadam Lake supplies the city with water. This city is known as South India’s Manchester. It got its name because the city, like Manchester, has a large textile industry.
Map: Coimbatore Map
Places to Visit in Coimbatore:
- Arulmigu Eachanari Vinayagar Temple
- Gass Forest Museum
- Siruvani Waterfalls
Best Time to Visit Coimbatore:
Best time to visit Coimbatore between September and March. The city’s summer season typically lasts from March through May. As the highest temperature approaches 40 ℃, the town gets humid, but the calm wind blowing in the region makes the evening relatively comfortable and enjoyable.
Things to do in Coimbatore:
- The Sree Ayyappan Temple, Maruthamalai Murugan Temple, and Eachanari Vinayagar Temple are all worth a visit.
- Exciting trekking tracks include the Dhoni Hills, Perumal Peak, Vellari Mala, and Thalaiyar Falls trek.
- Visit the Adiyogi Shiva Statue, a magnificent 112-foot-tall statue of Lord Shiva.
The city is Tamil Nadu’s second largest and India’s 25th most prominent. Madurai is also renowned as Thoonga Nagaram – the city that never sleeps. Every street in town leads to the magnificent Meenakshi Amman Temple. Lord Nataraja is only in Madurai with his left leg lifted.
Map: Madurai Map
Places to Visit in Madurai:
- Meenakshi Amman Temple
- Thirumalai Nayakkar Mahal
- Gandhi Memorial Museum
- Koodal Azhagar Temple
Best Time to Visit Madurai:
If you want to visit Madurai, plan your trip during the winter season, which runs from October to March. The temperature ranges between 20 and 29 ° C.
Things to Do in Madurai:
- Visit the famed Meenakshi and Thiruparankundram Temples.
- Investigate the Gandhi Museum.
- Pay a visit to the Vaigai Dam.
The hill station has become the most filmed site in the country due to its stunning appearance. It offers a beautiful backdrop of hills and vegetation, making it ideal for honeymooners and families. Ooty tourism provides everything a visitor to Tamil Nadu needs to rejuvenate and unwind.
Map: Ooty Map
Places to Visit:
- Tiger Hill.
- Government Rose Garden.
- Stephen’s Church.
- The Tea Factory & The Tea Museum.
Best Time To Visit Ooty:
The climate in Ooty is moderate throughout the year, with occasional showers. From October to June, Ooty offers an exciting and refreshing mountain experience.
Things to Do in Ooty:
- Visit the well-known Ooty Lake.
- Ride a scenic toy train.
- Visit the Botanical Gardens.
Rameshwaram is rooted in history and mythology, as mentioned in the famous Indian epic, Ramayana. Before Lord Rama arrived, Rameshwaram Island was called ‘Gandhamadhanam.’ The village draws religious visitors and curious people who wish to learn about India’s legendary legacy.
Places to Visit in Rameswaram:
- Arulmigu Ramanathaswamy Temple.
- Villoondi Tirtha.
- Lakshmana Tirtha.
Best Time To Visit Rameshwaram:
The ideal time to visit Rameshwaram is from October to April when the weather is mild. Winters at Rameshwaram are mostly comfortable, with the minimum temperature reaching about 17° C.
Things to Do:
- Visit the well-known five-faced Hanuman Temple.
- Attend the poojas at Agniteertham.
- Pay a visit to the Dhanushkodi Temple & Beach.
- Explore the lovely Rameshwaram Temple and Rameshwaram Beach.
Final Thoughts – Tourist Places in Tamil Nadu
Come to Tamil Nadu, and you will discover that you are in a place where every mile unveils something of immense universal worth. It has so much to offer in terms of tourism that you will need more energy to explore it.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Tourist Places in Tamil Nadu” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,
- Tourist places in Anantapur
- Tourist Places in Dwarka
- Top Tourist Places in Banaras
- Tourist Places in Uttarakhand