Updated May 26, 2023
Jaipur, Pink City
Jaipur is known as the “Pink City of India.” In Jaipur, there are numerous tourist attractions. There are so many Tourist places in Jaipur. Jaipur is the ideal destination for tourists worldwide. The eclectic mix of traditional and modern attractions keeps visitors of all ages entertained for days. Several tourist sites in Jaipur ooze the glory of the city’s past. The best tourist attractions in Jaipur include well-kept gardens, magnificent forts, royal palaces, and vibrant markets.
Top 6 Tourist Places in Jaipur
Some well–renowned tourist places in Jaipur are listed below:
#1 Amber Fort and Palace
Amber Fort is one of the best Tourist Places in Jaipur, located in Amer, Rajasthan, Amber city. It is a popular tourist destination in Jaipur and is atop a hill. Amer Palace is an excellent example of Rajput architecture and its artistic style elements. Some of its buildings and work influenced Mughal architecture. It is of red sandstone and marble, and the attractive palace is on four levels, each with a courtyard. It has Diwan-e-Aam, Diwan-e-Khas,” Sukh Niwas,” Sheesh Mahal (mirror palace), and Jain Mandir.
Address: Devisinghpura, Amer, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302001, India
Timings: Monday to Sunday:- 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Indian National- INR 25 Indian Student- INR 10 per person
- Foreign National- INR 550 per person Student- INR 100 per person
How to Reach:
- From Jaipur Railway Station-13 kilometres Approx 30 mins
- From Airport-22 kilometers Approx 55 mins
Things to do: Amer Fort Light and Sound Show
- English Show:- INR 200 per person
- Hindi Show:- INR 100 per person
- Elephant Ride:- Two Person-INR 1100/-
Nearby attractions: Sheesh Mahal, Rajasthan Small Scale Cottage Industry, Sagar Lake, Anokhi Museum of Hand Printing.
Best time to visit: Between October and March, experience the pleasant weather
- As part of the group Hill Forts of Rajasthan Amer Fort is declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- It has a secret passage of a 2 km long tunnel that connects Amer Fort to Cheel ka Tila to evacuate Queens at the time of the invasion.
#2 Nahargarh Fort
Nahargarh Fort is another Tourist Place in Jaipur built on the peak of the Aravalli Hills and offers a view of Jaipur. Nahargarh, Amer, and Jaigarh Forts created a powerful defense ring around the city. The fort was first called Sudershangarh and eventually changed its name to Nahargarh, which means “abode of tigers.” Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh primarily built fort 1734 the king of Jaipur, as a retreat on the slope above the city. Another prominent location for filming is Nahargarh Fort. Here, the shooting of movies like Jodha Akbar and Rang De Basanti took place.
Address: Krishna Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302002, India
Timings: Monday to Sunday:- 10:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Indian National- INR 50 Indian Student- INR 5 per person
- Foreign National- INR 200 per person Student- INR 25 per person
How to Reach
- From Jaipur Railway Station-20 kilometers Approx 50 mins
- From Airport-28 kilometers, Approx 1 hour via the NH248 route
Things to do:
- Nahargarh Biological Park, Sculpture Park
- Jaipur Wax Museum- Timings 10 am to 6:30 pm Fees: ₹ 500 for Indians; ₹ 700 for foreigners
Nearby attractions: Jaigarh Fort, Jal Mahal & Amber Fort
Best time to visit: October to Mid March are the perfect time to visit the beautiful attractions
- The fort is in superhit Bollywood movies like Rang de Basanti.
- Stepwells within the defense have an asymmetrical design.
#3 Hawa Mahal
The Hawa Mahal is one of Jaipur’s most recognizable landmarks. The interior of the five-story building has numerous windows and jharokhas that resemble the honeycomb of a beehive. The Hawa Mahal, which translates to “Palace of the Winds,” is the name given to the palace because of its outstanding ventilation.
Address: Mahal Rd, J.D.A. Market, Pink City, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302002, India
Timings: Sunday to Thursday:- 9:30 am to 04:30 pm
- Indians – INR 50 per person
- Foreigners – INR 100 per person
How to Reach:
- Railway Station is at a distance of approximately 4 km from the palace.
- The airport is at a distance of roughly 12 km from the palace.
Things to do: Shopping & Food
Nearby Attractions: Govind Devji Temple, Johari Bazar, City palace of Jaipur
Best time to visit: October to March is the best time to visit.
- The entry to the Hawa Mahal is through the City Palace. There is no direct entry.
- Hawa Mahal stands at a leaning position at 87 degrees.
#4 Jantar Mantar
Rajput ruler Sawai Jai Singh II constructed the Jantar Mantar in Jaipur. In 1734, the construction of the monument happened. The City Palace and Hawa Mahal are nearby. It is a collection of massive buildings and set stones that Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II built in the first half of the 18th century. The main goal of the Jantar Mantar was to compile astronomical tables that would help determine when and how celestial bodies like the sun, moon, and other planets would travel.
Address: J.D.A. Market, Kanwar Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302002, India
Timings: Monday to Sunday, 9 am to 5 pm.
- 50 per person for Indians
- 15 per person for Indian Students
- 200 per person for Foreign Tourists
- 100 per person for Foreign Students
How to Reach:
- By Rail: The distance is 5.5 km from Jaipur Railway Station.
- By Bus: From the Jaipur bus stand, the distance is 5 km.
- By Air: From Jaipur airport as the distance is 12.6 km.
Things to do: Sound and light show, Vrihat Samrat Yantra, Laghu Samrat Yantra, Ram Yantra
Places to visit: Jaipur Zoo, Albert Hall Museum, Wax Museu, Sawai Jai Singh Museum
Best time to visit: Sweltering summers from April to September and from October to March to enjoy the winters
- It is a filming location for the 2006 film The Fall as a maze.
- Jantar Mantar is one of the world heritage sites listed by UNESCO.
#5 Jal Mahal
Jal Mahal Jaipur, also known as Water Palace, was constructed in 1750 by Maharaja Madho Singh. It is one of the most exquisite palaces ever built by the Rajputs and the Mughals. Madho Singh wanted to use it as a cabin for himself and his duck-hunting teams. The people enjoy the Nahargarh hills and the Man Sagar Lake surrounding.
Address: Amber Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302002, India
Timings: 6 am to 6 pm
How to Reach:
- By Rail:– The distance is 6.9 km from Jaipur Railway Station.
- By Bus:– From the Sindhi Camp bus stand, the distance is 5.3 km.
- By Air:– From Jaipur airport as the distance is 18.2 km.
Things to do: Photography, Bird Watching, Camel Rides, Street Shopping
Places to visit: Badrinath Temple, Birla Mandir, Rumbaugh Palace
Best time to visit: October to March
- Above the sea, there is only one story above the sea, whereas the four stories of this five-story building are invisible.
So if you want to visit Jaipur this year to explore Rajasthani culture and heritage, walk through the city’s lanes, and experience the abundant lives of the Rajputana kings through the splendid Havelis, Forts and Palaces splattered across Jaipur. These are the best Tourist Places in Jaipur.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Tourist Places in Jaipur” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,