Popular Temples in Ranchi
Ranchi is a trendy city in India. It is the capital of Jharkhand State. Ranchi is beautiful because it has stunning views from various waterfalls, hills, and parks. Everything a traveler could want to see and do is available in Ranchi.
Ranchi is one of India’s cities, rich in culture and heritage. It is home to many Hindu and Jain temples which are not only religious centers but also essential landmarks of the city. Both locals and tourists frequently visit these temples and enjoy the beauty of these sacred sites in Ranchi.
Must Visit Temples in Ranchi
Some well-known temples to visit in Ranchi are listed below:-
#1 Jagannath Temple
- Jagannath Temple is on the top of the hill in Ranchi. It is a well-known temple in the city. The temple’s architecture is the same as that of Jagannath Temple in Puri, Odisha, but it is smaller. People must walk to the top or take a vehicle to reach the temple top.
- The Jagannath Temple is a dedication to God Jagannath, an incarnation of God Vishnu. The temple’s Rath Yatra is very popular, and people come to witness this event from all over India.
- The temple is around 10 km from the city. The Ranchi airport is approx 6 km from the temple, and the nearby railway station is Hatia Railway Station.
(Image Credit: Ranchi.nic.in)
#2 Pahari Mandir
- Pahari Mandir is another famous temple in Ranchi. The temple is on a 2140-foot-high hill with unique architecture. The temple has a calm, peaceful atmosphere and is with lovely sculptures. The breathtaking view from there and the surrounding hills’ beauty make the temple a more famous destination.
- The temple is a dedication to God Shiva, and Maha Shivaratri is a Major festival here when devotees come from around India to worship lord shiva. The temple has a definite spiritual vibe.
- The Pahari Mandir is around 8 km from Ranchi Railway Station and around 12 km from the Ranchi airport and significant city; buses are available here.
(Image Credit: Ranchi.nic.in)
#3 Sun Temple
- The Sun temple is popularly known as the Surya temple. It is a dedication to God’s Sun and is famous for its impressive architecture. The location of this temple is also in the hills, close to Bandu in Ranchi. It is one of Ranchi’s top tourist destinations, and thousands of people visit this temple every year.
- The temple is best viewed at sunrise and sunset when sunlight illuminates it, throws a lovely shadow over it, and provides a comprehensive view of the surrounding. The temple looks like a colossal chariot supported by seven spirited horses.
- The Sun temple is around 40 km from Ranchi City. It is approximately 10 km from the Ranchi airport and around 12 km from the Ranchi Junction station.
#4 Angrabadi Temple
- The Angrabadi Temple is an ancient temple that is around 500 years old. The temple is a dedication to God Hanuman, and it is famous that god rested here while traveling to bring the sanjeevani Herb to cure Laxman. The temple’s surrounding dense forests provide a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere.
- The temple complex has many other temples dedicated to various goddesses and gods, including Goddess Durga, God Ram, Goddess Sita, and God Shiva. The temple’s interior is vibrant, with the sound of chanting and bell ringing, and its walls have fantastic artwork. The perfect time to visit this temple is during the festival of Hanuman Jayanti and Dussehra.
- The Angrabadi Temple temple is around 50 km from Ranchi City.
(Image Credit: Khunti.nic.in)
#5 Digambar Jain Temple
- Digambar Jain temple is a very famous temple in Ranchi. It is a dedication to devotees who follow Jainism. The temple complex also has a large hall with a lovely stage. In addition to various gods and goddesses, the Digambar Jain temple has idols of many deities, including Lord Adinath, Lord Bahubali, and Photos of Lord Mahavira.
- The temple is in classic Jain architecture and has a serene and peaceful ambiance. It is a perfect place for those looking for peace and spiritual enlightenment. The temple offers a meditation room where guests can study Jain philosophy and meditate there.
- The Digambar Jain temple is around 58 km from Ranchi City.
(Image Credit: Jainmandir.org)
These temples in Ranchi are essential landmarks and popular destinations for those seeking blessing and peace. The beauty and serenity of these temples make them a must-visit for anyone traveling to Ranchi.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Temples in Ranchi” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,
- Must Visit Temples in Chhattisgarh
- Famous Temples in Lucknow
- Temples in Kolkata
- Temples in Uttarakhand