Introduction to Source Qualifier Transformation
The Source qualifier transformation that is implemented for row representation and produces connected information where the integration services can be read. If any relational source is added to the mapping of a flat file, it needs the support of source qualifier transformation. Then, if the user adds any source to file of mapping, the addition of source qualifier transformation is automated. So by using source qualifier transformation, it can be fetched to override or define the data to be processed from the source. The modification of the source qualifier to the mapping is made instead of processing all columns which place only the chosen values. The properties, advantages, and limitations of source qualifier transformation are briefly explained in this article.
Properties of Source Qualifier Transformation
The connected active of source qualifier transformation is used to define the rows which read the integration services when the session is executed. The user needs to mandatory connect the source qualifier transformation to the mapping of flat file or relational files. It transforms the source data types to data type fed to Informatica. It is made to keep the data types as fixed in the port of source qualifier transformation. The extensive properties of source qualifier transformation are explained as follows,
- Join – it is used to combine multiple tables from a similar database. By using the source, it is merged depending on the relationship between primary key and foreign key. It can be altered by defining the join statement such as user-defined join command
- Sort the input – the user can enter the specific number to sort the ports which fetch only the required data. The default SQL integrates the service by feeding an ORDER BY commands.
- Filtering of rows – the user can select the required rows from the database by adding a WHERE phrases along with default query
- The distinction of rows – the user can discrete the rows from its source database by selecting the clauses of “SELECT DISTINCT”. It is made by integration services to add the mentioned comment along with the default query.
- Customization of SQL – the user can execute his SQL queries to perform their calculations.
Manual Creation of Source Qualifier Transformation
It created by simple methods with distinct properties. The easy way to create this by dragging the definition of source data into mapping columns. after this, it automatically creates the source qualifier transformation. For manual creation of source qualifier transformation, the following steps should be executed.
- To create a new one click on transformation then choose carrier.
- Then tap on the source qualifier transformation’
- Then mention any name for the source qualifier transformation
- Finally, choose to create to deploy it manually.
- Complete the task by choosing on OK and then finish it by Done.
The configuration of the following source qualifier transformation can be done in the concerned tab. To move to the properties tab, then double-tap on the properties button to customize it according to the requirement.
- If it should be specified to then it should be a customized query that can be replaced with the default query.
- The condition used for merging all the multiple sources is executed by User-Defined Join
- The filter condition can be executed by using SOURCE FILTER in integration services to query the rows
- Sorting of data is executed by the NUMBER OF SORTED PORTS
- The quantity of details is included in sessions when it is executed in comprising the transformation can be used by TRACING LEVEL
- To choose the particular rows it can use SELECT DISTINCT from the sources
- The pre-session of SQL phrases to execute against the database prior to the integrated services that read the data from the source by using options Pre-SQL
- The post-session of SQL clauses to execute against the database once the integration services once it writes the target.
- There are dual options such s output that can be repeatable or deterministic. The specification is fed only if the source output remains constant when the session is executed. The source output has a specific order which is fluctuating between the executed session.
- In the definition of flat file sources, all the properties can be executed instead of the tracing level.
The data can be transformed from one data type to another by following methods,
The data can be passed between the ports of variable datatypes which can be converted explicitly and compatible. Then it should be transformed from port to expressions. It can use arithmetic operators or functions belong to the transformation process.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Source Qualifier Transformation
The advantages and limitations are explained below:
The source qualifier transformation is used to perform many complications join or merge, filter conditions in a simple way that can be pushed directly to the database without involving the Informatica to compute the queries. The queries can be overridden to make themselves occupy the index and get an optimized execution plan which also involves the hints of SQL query.
The few details that can be attained actively in the query by advanced features of SQL like Pivot, CTE to compute the logics of SQL. But in some cases, the policies of the SQL queries can be used to override the options which can be saved for later use.
The downstream transformation can be connected to multiple columns which should be matched datatype. The basic rules to execute on ETL packages should be simple. But if any complex codes are written, the packages of ETL become more complicated. It loses the capacity to make optimization of push down areas.
The source qualifier transformation chooses the records from a variety of sources which can be relational tables, flat files, power exchanging services, Informatica services. It offers an effective method to sort the input fields to make the joins and swaps. The source qualifier transforms the datatypes of the source to defined compatible with datatypes of the power center. It is necessary for flat files and relational table sources. It is a transformation of input ports to output reports by giving suitable specifications. It executes SQL queries for relational databases and runs any merges between the relational databases on a similar database.
This is a guide to Source Qualifier Transformation. Here we discuss an introduction to Source Qualifier Transformation, properties, manual creation, advantages, and disadvantages. You can also go through our other related articles to learn more –