Introduction to SOAP Interview Questions and Answers
The following article provides an outline for SOAP Interview Questions. SOAP actually stands for Simple Access Object Protocol. This is one kind of very popular messaging protocol which is mainly used for exchanging messages between two application and the physical system through web service. Without this SOAP services approach, any kind of available services will not be able to communicate between the different operating system, or in clear terms, it will lose its popularity, especially in the case of system integration-related projects. As it will be very much used in current integration-related projects, it is automatically a favorite for both teacher and student.
If you are looking for a job related to SOAP, you need to prepare for the 2022 SOAP Interview Questions. Every interview is indeed different as per the different job profiles. Here, we have prepared the important SOAP Interview Questions and Answers, which will help you succeed in your interview.
In this 2022 SOAP Interview Questions article, we shall present the 10 most important and frequently asked SOAP interview questions. These interview questions are divided into two parts as follows:
Part 1 – SOAP Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic SOAP Interview Questions and Answers.
Q1. Explain in detail about the Simple Access Object Protocol (SOAP) web services used by varieties organization for their system integration?
SOAP is actually handling the entire messaging through XML bases protocol. It helps design and develop any web services that introduce communication channels between several developed different applications deployed in different platforms independent of developing programming language.
Q2. Explain processes followed by SOAP web services to exchange require message between two operating systems and help in system integration?
SOAP is mainly used for providing one requires a user interface. One application can communicate with another through one secure protocol by maintaining the different platform and programming languages independence. A SOAP end-user or client application called the generated web service through SOAP protocol to securely require message information. SOAP interface normally provided those required information in the form of XML and returning that specific XML file to the client who actually called this services. Now the client closes the protocol connection and using that XML response for their utility.
Q3. Give some proper example where the developer should need to choose SOAP API. Is there any other better API available for message exchanges rather than SOAP API?
Simple Access Object Protocol (SOAP) can be used anytime where web service designing is required for the system configuration. The developer has normally preferred SOAP web services when they are planning to manage varieties of important data but has some critical dependency with multiple applications, most preferable if those applications are in the different programming language or in varieties platforms. For example, suppose all the application of a specific organization is willing to use the same login credentials for the activities available to users.
Now assume that credentials validation designed in one programming language, but all the other applications may be designed in a different programming language, Now considering have to design the same with same credentials validation developer have to choose some web service approach for calling that service every time and validated user-provided credential information from a single authenticated validating environment. Rather than this login independency, handling data for searching, inserting, deleting, updating in different platform, SOAP web service can always be a good choice.
Q4. Explain in detail about the facility provided by Simple Access Object Protocol (SOAP) API anytime and how the developer can utilize it in their programming?
Several responsibilities normally need to follow by a SOAP tester in the current IT industry. SOAP has provided some key methods which can be utilized in the below approach:
- putAddress(): Used to enter one web page address for the SOAP call.
- putListing(): Used to allow entire XLS request or response in a web page.
- getAddress(): Used to send one query string for using proper utilization of SOAP calls.
- getAllListing(): Used to get entire XML response.
Q5. Give one example of a major problem normally faced by the developer when using SOAP API for their application?
One of the key problems we normally face in using SOAP API is a firewall security mechanism and integration of high-security SSL protocol. For introducing critical high-security, advance protocol or firewall security must be integrated with both the system client and service provider.
Part 2 – SOAP Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced SOAP Interview Questions and Answers.
Q6. Explain in detail the various approaches available for implementing the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) in any application where system integration is involved?
Web service mainly developed in Java programming language. Normally developer preferred below two popular approaches for developing any SOAP web services during integration between varieties system.
- WSDL to Java Object: Normally, one developer, understands the requirement for creating web services and define the attributes required to make the same. Now the developer will create one XML file in the specifically followed proper approach of creating Web Service Definition Language (WSDL) and then generate using java object from that WSDL file. Java object will populate automatically from the WSDL structure defined in the web service generating tool.
- Java Object to WSDL: Some developers are following totally vice versa approach for generating web service. They have created Java Object first based on the requirement; using the same, it generated one specific XML file of WSDL format. Then they have prepared require web services.
Q7. Provide clear detail about the elements normally available or have to mention in the case of preparing SOAP messages for transferring data in between system to system?
Available elements are Envelope, Header, Body, Fault.
Q8. Explain the syntax rules normally followed by the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) web services?
- Encoded XML
- Namespace defines in an envelope
- The namespace defines in encoding
- Avoid DTD reference
- Avoid providing instruction in XML processing
Q9. Explain available transport methods in case of using SOAP web services in one application?
Some popular test cases in the current IT industry. It mainly used HTTP and HTTPS protocol. SMTP is also used. But preferable is HTTP for transporting messages.
Q10. Explain in detail about the class’s major functionalities, which are normally used for setting up SOAP protocol in one application?
SOAP protocol has been provided to use any available methods on the internet for all the web service authenticate the user who is following to call those service through one secure protocol.
Provided functionalities are below:
- Call: It is one of the critical class that helps reach that specific remote method of the client’s web service. This call function ensuring that web service client can reach the corresponding remote method which they are expected.
- Deployment Descriptor: Holding all the SOAP services information.
- The writer in DOM2: Using to use DOM node from the XML string.
- Messages Sent to RPC: Using for sending the message between multiple platforms.
- Managing Services: Using for displaying the entire SOAP response.
This is a guide to SOAP Interview Questions. Here we have listed the most useful 10 interview sets of questions so that the jobseeker can crack the interview with ease. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –
- Objective C Interview Questions
- Threading Interview Questions
- QA Interview Questions
- Testing Interview Questions