Introduction to SOAP Interview Questions and Answers
SOAP actually stands for Simple Access Object Protocol. This is one kind of very popular messaging protocol which mainly used for exchanging messages between two application and physical system through web service. Without this SOAP services approach, any kind of available services will not able to communicate between the different operating system, or in clear terms, it will lose its popularity especially in case of system integration related projects. As it will be very much used current integration related projects, it is automatically favorite for teacher and student both.
Now, if you are looking for a job which is related to SOAP then you need to prepare for the 2020 SOAP Interview Questions. It is true that every interview is different as per the different job profiles. Here, we have prepared the important SOAP Interview Questions and Answers which will help you get success in your interview.
In this 2020 SOAP Interview Questions article, we shall present 10 most important and frequently asked SOAP interview questions. These interview questions are divided into two parts are as follows:
Part 1 – SOAP Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic SOAP Interview Questions and Answers.
Q1. Explain in details about the Simple Access Object Protocol (SOAP) web services used by varieties organization for their system integration?
SOAP is actually handling entire messaging through XML bases protocol. It is helping on designing and developing any kind of web services which introducing communication channel between several developed different applications which are deployed in different platforms independent on developing programming language.
Q2. Explain processes followed by SOAP web services for exchanging require message between two operating systems and helping in system integration?
SOAP is mainly using for providing one require a user interface, through which one application can able to communicate with another one through one secure protocol by maintaining the independence of different platform and programming languages. A SOAP end user or client application called the generated web service through SOAP protocol for getting require message information securely. SOAP interface normally provided those require information in the form of XML and returning that specific XML file to the client who actually called this services. Now the client closes the protocol connection and using that XML response for their utility.
Let us move to the next SOAP Interview Questions.
Q3. Give some proper example where the developer should need to choose SOAP API. Is there any other better API available for message exchanges rather than SOAP API?
Simple Access Object Protocol (SOAP) can be used anytime where web service designing is required for the system configuration. The developer has normally preferred SOAP web services when they are planning to manage varieties important data but has some critical dependency with multiple applications, most preferable if those applications are in the different programming language or in varieties platforms. As an example suppose all the application of a specific organization willing to use the same login credentials for the activities available users at any time. Now assume that credentials validation designed in one programming language, but all the other applications may be designed in different programming language, Now considering have to design the same with same credentials validation developer have to choose some web service approach for calling that service every time and validated user-provided credential information from a single authenticated validating environment. Rather than this login independency, handling data for searching, inserting, deleting, updating in different platform SOAP web service can always be a good choice.
Q4. Explain In details about the facility provided by Simple Access Object Protocol (SOAP) API anytime, and how the developer can utilize the same in their programming?
This is the common SOAP Interview Questions asked in an interview. Several responsibilities normally need to follow by a SOAP tester in the current IT industry.
SOAP has provided some key methods which can be utilized in below approach:
- putAddress() : used to enter one web page address for the SOAP call.
- putListing(): Used to allow entire XLS request or response in a web page.
- getAddress(): Used to send one query string for using proper utilization of SOAP call.
- getAllListing(): Used to get entire XML response.
Q5. Give one example of a major problem normally faced by the developer at the time of using SOAP API for their application?
One of the key problem we have normally faced in case of using SOAP API that is firewall security mechanism and integration high-security SSL protocol. For introducing critical high-security advance protocol or firewall security need to be integrated with both the system client and service provider.
Part 2 – SOAP Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced SOAP Interview Questions and Answers.
Q6. Explain in details about the various approaches available for implementing Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) in any application where system integration is involved?
Web service mainly developed in Java programming language. Normally developer preferred for below two popular approaches for developing any SOAP web services during integration between varieties system. Approaches are:
- WSDL to Java Object: Normally one developer understanding the requirement for creating web services, and defining the attributes require for making the same. Now the developer is going to create one XML file in the specifically followed proper approach of creating Web Service Definition Language (WSDL) and then generating using java object from that WSDL file. Java object will populate automatically from the WSDL structure defined in the web service generating tool.
- Java Object to WSDL: Some developers are following totally vice versa approach for generating web service. They have created Java Object first based on the requirement, using the same it generated one specific XML file of WSDL format. Then they have prepared require web services.
Q7. Provide clear details about the elements normally available or have to mention in case of preparing SOAP messages for transferring data in between system to system?
Available elements are Envelope, Header, Body, Fault.
Let us move to the next SOAP Interview Questions.
Q8. Explain about the syntax rules normally followed by the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) web services?
- Encoded XML
- Namespace define in an envelope
- The namespace defines in encoding.
- Avoid DTD reference.
- Avoid providing instruction in XML processing.
Q9. Explain about available transport methods in case of using SOAP web services in one application?
This is the most popular SOAP Interview Questions asked in an interview. Some popular test cases in the current IT industry. It mainly used HTTP and HTTPS protocol. SMTP is also been used. But preferable is HTTP for transporting messages.
Q10. Explain in details about the major functionalities provided by the class which normally used for setting up SOAP protocol in one application?
SOAP protocol has been provided to use any methods which are available on the internet for all the web service authenticate the user who is following to call those service through one secure protocol. Provided functionalities are below:
- Call: It is one of the critical class which helping to reach that specific remote method of the web service by the client. This call function ensuring that web service client can reach the corresponding remote method which they are expected.
- Deployment Descriptor: Holding all the SOAP services information.
- The writer in DOM2: Using to use DOM node from the XML string.
- Messages sent to RPC: Using for sending the message between multiple platforms.
- Managing Services: Using for displaying the entire SOAP response.
This has been a guide to the list of SOAP Interview Questions and Answers. Here we have listed the most useful 10 interview sets of questions so that the jobseeker can crack the interview with ease. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –