Introduction to Service Virtualization Tools
Service Virtualization Tools can be defined as a way that helps to imitate virtual services that emulate the performance of the component in a service-oriented architecture. In general, the software development team lacks synchronization among various verticals of the team, like software design, implementation, testing, etc. They do not work together and thus a lot of time is wasted waiting for each other to update on the recent developments in their modules. This is added delay in addition to other delays in each module and it severely affects the quality of the product as well.
- With the help of service virtualization now the teams are easily able to simulate the feel of a system, even though the templates are under construction.
- This helps in integrating several components to work together and thus reduces time and cost.
- This also improves product quality.
- The service virtualization enables the correction of errors.
Top Tools for Service Virtualization with Features
We now list some of the top tools for Service Virtualization along with their features.
1. Parasoft Virtualize
This is a software that testing and the testers. It creates accessibility realistic and allows complete testing by providing the environment in which the software will execute and help in its development too. The tool also simulates various test dependencies and provides complete control over the testing environment. The following is the symbol of the software:
- The ease is provided in managing complex environments
- The convenience of a separate testing process is availed from time-boxed access to external systems.
- It helps to enable the lost performance issue that’s lost somewhere in the application during the test.
- It simulates most services and also captures the behavior of live systems for creating complete test environments.
2. Traffic Parrot
This software makes it easy for developers and users to create a mock environment and simulation. It creates tests faster, lesser effort, gives simulation; backend improved mock services for APIs and third parties. The tutorials are very easy and they are also available on the website. This is one of the most favorite tools among the architects and managers of software. It is because it offers time and delivery promises and also keeps up by delivering its promises, gives flexible models, protocol support as well as compatibility granting a continuous integration tool to its customer. The logo is given here:
- It provides support for various operations such as Http(s), IBM and file transfers.
- It gives the testing environment automated and manual included for both developers and testers.
- It is compatible with different platforms. Small and microservices are dealt with easily.
This software tool is a simulator APIs that are based on Http. It provides a seamless experience as well for the users even in the absence of API. The checking of modules, edges, permits checking of failure points. Thus it is a wonderful testing platform. Here is the logo:
- It is vigorous in performance, gives the boost to API, and grants the essence of matching URLs upon request.
- It records the activities and replays whenever required.
- It hosts mock APIs as well.
The software tool Mountebank is well known and open source. This tool helps to execute the multitasking protocols and others under development tools. Node JS is the codebase. It has flexible support. The logo is presented here:
- It provides full platform services and works in native languages as well.
- Multitasking is one of the wonderful features.
- The various internet protocols can be tested on this platform.
5. Hoverfly cloud
The Hoverfly cloud is an incorporated solution that gives seamless power of service virtualization. It is well designed from bottom to top for many activities such as integration, testing, automation, efficiency, performance, etc.
- It is quickly deployable on any platform and supports optimization.
- One can assess performance requirements by scaling, and also discover support during virtual infrastructure extension.
6. Data Simulation Software MicroFocus
This software gives flexibility to its developers and testers to gauge the virtualization. The tool delivers the product timely. The access is granted simultaneously; it is given to many users for the multiuser experience. The logo is below:
- Applications are simulated easily using the Micro Focus platform.
- It grants services like modification of data, access to the network, design collaboration, etc. The added advantage is that even without changes in testing conditions, performance is efficient and reliable.
- The model can even be developed, designed, and tested altogether at one platform using wizard steps
7. CA Service Virtualization
CA Service Virtualization tool emulates the simulation if the system is unavailable while residing somewhere in the SDLC. The developers and the team can collaborate on one platform and work together. It provides quick delivery, reliably, and efficiently. The logo of the tool is as:
- It helps to simplify the management process, streamlines the complexities in development by virtualization of reliable systems under one roof.
- The project assembles parallel development and simplifies extra resource demands that are remarkably reduced to a greater extent.
This tool is a user-friendly tool for service virtualization. The operations of copy, paste, record stubbed responses of Http, granting data access to useful streamlined data records among the team, etc. The logo is below:
- It helps the firms to be more productive even without a reliable API.
- The issues are recognized and resolved faster.
- The test edge case and failure modes are produced by this tool which the real API could not produce.
9. Rational Test Virtualization Server
This is a tool that offers fast and quick testing in the development lifecycle. The simulation is either part wise or full application based.
- Virtualization of a platform for the usage of software, and applications.
- Improved reuse and sharing of relevant data made easy.
- Allows incorporation and integration with other tools.
10. Tricentis Tosca
This service virtualization tool allows stable entry to needy systems such that tests can be executed continuously and without any interference. It simulates the needy component behavior so that the tests can run on them. The logo is as:
- The tool gives testers highly developed and interconnected parallel platforms.
- Simulation is a necessary step for testing and the automation is simulated well with product quality assurance and timely delivery of the product.
In this article, we discussed Service Virtualization Tools. We also enumerated a few tools in the market that are trending among virtualization services users. These tools are of an immense advantage as they provide free service without any constraints on the platform. The tools are incredible, updated, stable, and mature enough for handling unprecedented events.
This is a guide to Service Virtualization Tools. Here we discuss the introduction, Top 10 Tools for Service Virtualization with Features. You can also go through our other related articles to learn more–