Updated December 1, 2023
Introduction to Salesforce Admin Certification -ADM-201
If you have mastered Salesforce and are eager to earn recognition as a Salesforce admin, then the Salesforce Admin Certification is the perfect next step. Salesforce is a CRM platform that offers this certification to professionals who demonstrate proficiency in configuring, customizing, and managing Salesforce applications within an organization. This guide will delve into all the key topics you must master to ace the ADM-201 exam Dumps.
Purpose & Benefits of Salesforce Admin Certification
The purpose of the ADM-201 exam is to validate that individuals have a solid understanding of Salesforce administration concepts, features, and best practices. Successful candidates demonstrate proficiency in configuring and maintaining Salesforce applications, customizing the platform to meet specific business needs, and effectively managing users and data.
The certification is a recognized validation of your skills and expertise in Salesforce administration. It can open doors to new career opportunities and advancements within your current role. Moreover, this certification can boost your confidence in administering Salesforce environments effectively.
Here’s an overview of the Salesforce Admin Certification (ADM-201) exam:
|Salesforce Certified Administrator
|No. of Questions
|Multiple-choice/multiple-select questions: 60
Non-scored questions: 5
|$200, exclusive of applicable taxes.
|$100, exclusive of applicable taxes.
|Certifications are typically valid for three years.
*Disclaimer: Visit trailhead.salesforce.com for updated fees.
The Salesforce Certified Administrator (ADM-201) exam syllabus covers a broad range of topics related to Salesforce administration. Here’s an outline of the key areas and weightage you should focus on while preparing for the exam:
1. Configuration and Setup: 20%
- Understand and explain company settings like fiscal year, business hours, and currency management.
- Know how to configure the User Interface, including UI settings, global actions, app menu, list views, and Lightning App Builder.
- Demonstrate setup and maintenance of users.
- Explain the organization’s security controls, such as setting up audit trails, login hours, and session settings.
- Apply appropriate security controls based on Salesforce sharing model features for user requests.
2. Object Manager and Lightning App Builder: 20%
- Describe standard object architecture and relationships (parent/child, master-detail/lookup/junction).
- Explain field and page layout customization for standard and custom objects.
- Determine creation and assignment of page layouts, record types, and business processes for objects.
3. Sales and Marketing Applications: 12%
- Identify sales process capabilities and implications (opportunity, path, forecast impact).
- Apply sales productivity features using opportunity tools like dashboards, lead scoring, and Einstein opportunity scoring.
- Describe lead automation tools and campaign management capabilities.
4. Service and Support Applications: 11%
- Describe case management capabilities (case, case assignment rules, queues).
- Identify automation methods for case management, including support process, case auto-response rules, and case escalation.
5. Productivity and Collaboration: 7%
- Describe activity management capabilities.
- Explain Chatter features.
- Highlight Salesforce Mobile App capabilities.
- Identify use cases for AppExchange applications.
6. Data and Analytics Management: 14%
- Understand considerations for data management tasks like importing, updating, mass deleting, transferring, exporting, and backing up data.
- Describe the data validation tool’s capabilities and implications.
- Explain options available for creating or customizing reports and report types.
- Describe the impact of the sharing model on reports.
- Explain options available for creating and modifying dashboards.
7. Workflow/Process Automation: 16%
- Identify appropriate automation solutions based on tool capabilities in given scenarios.
- Describe capabilities and use cases for Flow and for the approval process.
The ADM-201 certification suits individuals with experience in Salesforce administration, including those responsible for setting up, configuring, and maintaining Salesforce implementations.
This may include:
- System administrators
- Business analysts
- Or anyone managing Salesforce applications
- Utilize official Salesforce study materials, including documentation and trailhead modules.
- Salesforce Trailhead offers interactive learning modules. Complete the relevant trails and projects.
- Take practice exams to understand the format and identify areas for improvement.
- Gain practical experience by working in a salesforce environment. Hands-on experience is invaluable.
- Go through Salesforce documentation to understand the details of each topic.
- Join the Salesforce community, participate in forums, and ask questions to learn from other’s experiences.
How ExamVCE Can Help You Pass the ADM-201 Exam?
ExamVCE is a reputable website offering a range of ADM-201 exam materials and insights. Here are the several reasons you must register with ExamVCE to pass the Salesforce Admin Certification.
Teaches you Foundational Salesforce Concepts
- It starts by exploring some essential concepts that form the foundation of Salesforce.
- You will first understand the history and evolution of Salesforce, then learn about Salesforce products and services.
- After that, it introduces the concept of cloud computing and explains Salesforce’s CRM principles.
Helps you Navigate the Salesforce Setup
- Next, it will also guide you through the Salesforce platform, beginning with an Introduction to Salesforce setup.
- It will help you navigate its user interface and organization settings.
- You will also learn to safeguard your data and manage user access using security and user management.
Data Modeling and Custom Objects
- After familiarising yourself with the basic management tools, you can dive into data management tools.
- Data modeling and custom objects in Salesforce help you tailor your CRM system to your unique needs.
- Learn to use data architecture to determine how information flows and is organized in your Salesforce setup.
- Furthermore, know how to decide what kind of data you want to store and how it relates to other data by creating custom objects, fields, and relationships.
Business Logic and Automation
- Next, learn several automation tools in Salesforce, such as workflow rules, process builder, approval processes, and validation rules.
- These let you manage automatic actions whenever certain conditions are met or allow you to combine various elements effortlessly.
Offers Exam Preparation Strategies
- Finally, for the ADM-201 question-answer exam, ExamVCE will offer several ADM-201 study materials and ADM-201 pdf resource files.
- Moreover, attempt ADM-201 practice tests to test your skills and know what to expect for the Salesforce Admin Certification.
- For additional practice and varied perspectives, consider exploring resources on Examsvce.com.
Exam Day Tips
1. Read Questions Carefully
Take your time to read each question thoroughly, ensuring you understand the requirements before selecting an answer.
2. Flag Questions
If unsure about an answer, flag the question and return to it later. Don’t spend too much time on a single question.
3. Stay Calm
Maintain composure during the exam. If you encounter a challenging question, take a deep breath and approach it methodically.
4. Review Your Answers
Before submitting the exam, review your answers if time permits. Ensure you haven’t missed any questions or made any errors.
We hope you found this comprehensive article on Salesforce Admin Certification helpful. For similar articles, please refer to the following.