Introduction to Rust Admin Commands
Rust is a programming language which comprises of admin commands that are used by RUST server admins and moderators for enhancing any gaming console in and out thoroughly. Rust admin commands is mostly used in gaming where many actions involve crucial decision making such as stopping a player, throwing balls and many more as per requirement. These decisions are mostly taken care by the administrator thus allocating the necessary server commands as per users need. Server commands is another name for Rust admin command which can be allocated by the administrator from any desired location.
List of Rust Admin Commands
Rust admin commands are mostly divided into categories according to the gaming constraints and console which are as follows:
- Player Controls
- Informational Constraints
- Servers Settings or Server Controls
- Player Administration Controls
- Development or Debugging Aspects
- Oxide Settings with Specific Controls
1. Player Controls
- Spectate: This command is issued by the administrator to have a check from the spectator point of view whether the player is walking, running, jumping etc.
- Sleep: Sleep command is used to bring back the player in action from sleeping mode for play to continue.
- Wakeup: It provokes the player or character to wake up.
- Quit: This command is mainly used to provide a neat and clean exit to the program in execution.
- Say: Chat.say command is used for providing the value as true or false in the respective chat windows.
- Add: This command adds an ability to add and create crafts items within the gaming console as per requirement.
- Canceltask: This task cancels the current task or item from getting crafted.
- Cancel: This command cancels the crafting task of the mentioned element within the console.
- Respawn: This command does not allow the player or character to modify and change the character within the game rather helps in relocating the player as per requirement.
- Kill: As games in rust are sometimes critical and difficult to play there might be a need to start from scratch or restart the game again then in that case kill is used for killing the process.
- Endloot: This command does exist, but it just closes the bottom right looting UI, not the entire console.
- Givebp: This command is used for giving the command for inventory further to gaming console.
- Find <name or . for all>: Finds all the name and related folders or file and provide that to the console.
- Give: This command adds required number of items into the inventory for player.
- Giveid: This command provided a specific if to the number of items present in the inventory for the players.
- Respawn_sleepingbag: This command is used for spawning and provoking the character from sleeping mode to active mode with some constraints.
2. Informational Constraints
- Status: This command provides the informational status of the player present in the gaming console.
- Players: This command shows all the information about the player current connected to the client.
- Users: This command also shows all the information about the currently connected users to the console.
3. Servers Settings or Server Controls
- Writecfg: This command is used for writing and saving server configuration.
- Globalchat <true/false (default true?)>: This command is used for giving option as true for broadcasting reasons to all players.
- Level “map name”: This command helps in serving and setting the server maps.
- Port: This command is used for setting the port related issues in server configuration.
- Save: This command forces the server to save the map and data for the player.
- Secure: This command is used for kicking the banned player and securing the unregistered users upon registration.
- Stability true/false: This command is used for establishing the stability for enabling the server.
- Seed <number (default 123456)>: This command is used for setting the servers map generation seeds.
- Saveinterval <number (default 60)>: This command is used for setting the servers auto-save interval.
- Maxplayers <number (default 500)>: This command is used for setting up the number for maximum number of players.
- Hostname “server name”: This command is used for setting the server name.
- Identity “identity”: This command is used for providing the server with some identity.
- Serverlog <true/false (default true)>: This command is used for proving the chat with logging in the server having some default values as true or false.
- Stop “reason”: This command provides some specified reason and stops the server.
- Worldsize <number (default 4000)>: This command sets the size and world location for the map with some number.
- Tickrate <number (default 30)>: This command sets the tick rate of the server for application execution.
- Start: This command helps in starting the server and when it is already running.
- Time: Keeps updating the timing for environment although it is not much recommended command.
- Find <name or . for all>: This command is used for searching of a command.
- Say “message”: This command is used for broadcasting the message and its status to everyone.
- Echo “text”: This command prints the text to server console.
- Quit: This command is used for saving everything and then finally saves the server.
- Call: This is a komaando command used at the time of airlifting in the gaming console.
- Drop: This command is used at the time of air dropping.
4. Player Administration Controls
- Unban <steamid64: This command unbans the player by steam ID.
- Noclip: This command is used for lar deg some of the flying administrator command.
- Removeowner <steamid64>: This command is used for removing the player as owner.
- Banlistex: This command enlists the banned users with reasons and usernames.
- Ownerid <steamid64> “player name” “reason”: This command gives player the authentication with level 2 from the server.
- Kickall <invalid parameter, just put “”> “reason”: This command performs the action of kicking by the player with all reasons.
- Kick <steamid64> “player name” “reason”: This command kicks player with some optional reason.
- Banlist: This command provides list with banned players.
- Removemoderator <steamid64>: This command helps in removing the player as moderator.
- Ban “player name” “reason”: This command helps in providing reason for outage with the player name.
- Banid <steamid64> “player name” “reason”: This command helps in providing the banned player name with steam id and proper reason as well.
- Listid <steamid64>: Enlists the player as banned with steam ID.
- Moderatorid <steamid64> “player_name” “reason”: Sets player as server moderator with auth level 1.
5. Development or Debugging Aspects
- Textures: This command lists the loaded textures in the game console.
- Perf: This command prints the performance data.
- Queue: This command shows the status of the queues for stability and surroundings.
- Collect: This command is used for collecting all the garbage collection related unused memory and unloads unused assets as well.
- Culling: This command is used for player to perform any cult at the time of gaming.
- Physics_steps ??: This command issues the amount of physics steps on per second basis.
- Hidelayer: This command is mainly used for debugging purpose.
- Physics_iterations <number (default: 7)>: The default iteration solver must be count permitted for any bodies must be positive enough.
- Sampling: This command is also used for some debugging aspects.
- Report: Generates the spawned entities in the root directory and gets sampled simultaneously.
These commands are mostly used for debugging aspects:
6. Oxide Settings with Specific Controls
- Version: Displays the network protocol and oxide version in the console.
- Reload “file name”: Plugin helps in reload with the name given.
- Load “file name”: This command helps in loading of plugin with the given file name.
- Unload “file name”: This command helps in unloading of plugin with the given file name.
- Error: This command helps in providing error to the given gaming console.
- Give “item name” <amount>: This command helps the inventory to give the elements name for some amount.
- Init: This command helps in initialization of rust gaming console.
There are many rust admin commands that are used for admins and users to perform some actions at the time of execution of the dedicated server. It is not the case that these commands can be run anywhere they need proper network and authentication. It also needs some administration check and look.
This is a guide to Rust Admin Commands. Here we discuss the introduction and list of rust admin commands for better understanding. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –