Updated April 6, 2023
Introduction to Prolog Programming
The prolog language is a declarative and logical programming language for AI technology.It is an acronym of the logical programming language and its work for artificial intelligence. Prolog programming means programming in logic to be used in computational semantics.It is based on the fact and rules of the data-based language.It is a logical relationship and data-related work for advanced computational technology. This programming language is working on graphical user interfaces with a single data type. It is free, the open-source language for highly interactive applications.The prolog is problem-solving, natural processing, and theorem-proving programming language with minimal algorithm and syntaxes.
Why we need Prolog programming?
- It is a first-order logic programming language.
- The programmer does not require complex algorithms and coding.
- this programming is easier for Pattern matching and searching data than in other programming languages.
- It works with abstract models and deals with objects.
- This programming is the prolog is an easy, simple, and formula-based programming language.
- This programming separates logics and controls of the data.
- The prologs are based on the symbolic and computation for manipulation.
- It is based on numerical data for pattern matching.
- This programming language is a relational database for maintaining a memory management system.
- It provides small syntaxes and small coding patterns.
- It is based on the searching tree of determination and possibility.
- The prolog supports a lot of the extensions like socket interface, global variables, and operating system interfaces.
- It supports the native code compiler and becomes a stand-alone programming language.
- The prolog supports constraints like arithmetic, Boolean, symbolic, etc.
- This programming provides an efficient constraint solver and makes compatibility with integrals and variables.
- The prolog supports compiled predicates and consulted predicates in the compiler.
- This programming supports powerful interfaces between the prolog and C programming language.
How does Prolog programming works?
The following shows the prologue programming’s working environment.
- Go to the below link to download equivalent software of the prolog programming language.
- Download or save the software in the required path.
- The downloaded software saves in the exe file format to install the software.
- You must double-click on the downloaded file to start the environment setup.
- Click on the Next button until the finish button does not appear.
- Click on the finish button and set up prolog programming language software.
The working procedure of the prolog programming shows below.
- The warren abstract machine (WAM) is working as a compiler for prolog language.
- The compiler file is converted into independent low-level machine language.
- The resulting file again translates into the target machine.
- This working procedure makes a stand-alone programming language.
- Advanced prolog programming requires constraints for problem-solving.
- You choose arithmetic constraints, Boolean constraints, and symbolic constraints, and so on.
The basic procedure of this programming is shown below.
The prolog software creates a file with the filename.pl format. The “*.pl” is an extension of the prolog file.
Write the syntax of the prolog programming language. You can use many entities in single relation.
It shows the basic syntax below.
relation (objects or data).
relation (data1, data2, data).
The prolog programming example shows the basic output.
| ?- write ('good to see you').
| ?- friends (Samantha, sadhna).
Advantages and disadvantages of Prolog programming
- The Prolog programming software is easy to build and install the software.
- This programming language does not need lengthy syntax and coding.
- This compiler is working fast and hustle-free.
- It has powerful interfaces between the prolog and C programming language.
- The user of prolog programmer creates their constraints with customization.
- The prolog programmer provides several extensions.
- This programming language provides high-level and categorized constraints.
- The prolog supports easier pattern matching and searching data features.
- The prolog language does not use complex algorithms and coding.
- This language maintains and operates data lists with easy coding.
- The several algorithm and code for input and output procedures are not easy.
- The LISP language dominates and overcomes input and output features.
- It does not support graphics features. If you need graphics, then you must use turbo prolog.
- The prolog order affects the efficiency of the programming language.
- This language does not support the “OR” logical conditions. This language does not support multiple true statements.
- This language does not support the “NOT” logical condition. This language does not support negative statements.
- The prolog is first-order logic language. This language does not allow second-order logic directly.
- It is mostly usable in artificial intelligence technology.
- This programming language uses for pattern matching using the parse tree feature.
- The prolog is used in the computation schematics.
- This programming uses in the problem-solving and understanding of natural language.
- This language uses planning and designing of the robot.
- The prolog is used in the automation system and theorem proving with a variety of constraints.
- The prolog is a useful language in machine learning and the graphical user interface.
- This is used for expert system and term rewriting using arithmetic and symbolic constraints.
- It is an easy, free, and open-source language for automation and advanced technology.
- It is simple planning and problem-solving programming language.
- This language is used for AI, machine learning, and computational technology.
- The prolog works in large-size applications in small and easy coding.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Prolog Programming” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information.