Difference Between Pixelmator vs Photoshop
Pixelmator is graphics editing software that works on retouching, color correction, painting and developed by Lithuanina brothers named Saulius and Adidas Dailide and released on September 25, 2007. It was built on two technologies are Open source and Mas OS. It also works with Layers for editing and manipulation of images. Photoshop is raster image editing software and developed by Adobe Inc. for a different types of image manipulation work on 19 February 1990. So both software has their special features such as techniques for color correction, skin toning, content-aware, and many more things. So let us discuss both of the software ones by one.
Head to Head Comparison between Pixelmator vs Photoshop (Infographics)
Below are the top 7 differences between Pixelmator vs Photoshop:
Key Differences between Pixelmator vs Photoshop
You will find that there is a lack of professional features in Pixelmator which required by a professional graphics and web designer and these features can easily catch with Photoshop.
- Photoshop is applicable on multiple devices that means you can run it on both Mac OS and Microsoft Windows but with Pixelmator, there is a limitation that it can only work on Mac OS and you can have its latest version on Mac App stores.
- For having Pixelmator latest version you have to pay $29.99 (this price may vary according to companies norm)and it has different version such as Pixelmator classic, Pixelmator pro so according to your choice you can check their price also on its official website whereas you can have Photoshopstarts from $ 19.99 monthly payment. With both of the software, you may grab discounts which are given by their companies from time to time.
- One more thing which I will tell you that you have to make payment of Pixelmator at one time but with Photoshop you have Monthly and Annual subscription option. Not only this you can have Photoshop on Quote based also. One thing that is common between both of the software that you can have a free trial of them if you want to understand their environment first before start working with any one of them.
- With Photoshop collaboration of any project on different digital assets is easy because it is compatible with many devices but Pixelmator is fully integrated only with the MacOS suite. But if you ask which software is more effective in raster image editing on Mac? then you will get the answer Pixlemator is in 2nd position while Photoshop in 4th position in this list. Pixlemator has very pleasant interface which is specially designed for OS X users and that is why long-time Mac users love it.
- On the user interface of Pixelmator you will find a simple handy environment with a different type of tools and feature which may a good working environment according to once choice and in Photoshop user interface there is a lot of good features which makes it an effective raster image editor and these full-packed features working environment may create difficulties for beginners at starting. The handle of User interface features and tools totally depends on each and every one capability. So I will make no comment on it. You can decide it by going through both of the software.
This is all about Pixelmator and Photoshop software which you need to know for comparing them on the basis of features and facts.
Pixelmator vs Photoshop Comparison Table
First, we will compare important facts of this software through this table for your better understanding of them.
|Definition||Pixelmator is graphics editing software through which we can do a different type of raster image editing work for getting the best result.||Photoshop is also raster image editing software which is most popular among raster graphics editors.|
|Developer||It was jointly developed by Pixelmator team Ltd. And AppleInc. which is based on open source and mac OS technologies.||It is part of the Adobe family and developed by Adobe systems as raster graphics editor software but originally created by Thomas and John Knoll in 1988.|
|Initially Released on||Initially, it was released on September 25, 2007, which is after many years of development of Photoshop.||It was official released for public use in February 1990.|
|Operating systems||It can be run on Mac OS as well as iOS operating systems.||It is compatible with Windows 10 and its later versions, Mac OS 10.13 and its later versions, iPadOS 13.1 and its later versions.|
|Latest Release||Its last stable release was launched on November 13, 2019, for Mac which is 3.9 and on October 9, 2019, 2.4.7 was released for iOS.||Its latest version released on February 9, 2021, and you can find it with the name Photoshop 2021 on the official website of Adobe Inc. which is www.adobe.com|
|Languages||It is available in English as well as you can have it in other languages also which you can check on its official website.||It is available in different languages such as English ( both United State and the United Kingdom), Arabic, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Hebrew, German, Italian, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Turkish, Romanian, Russian, Korean, Ukrainian, Japanese’s and Hebrew.|
|Supported file format||It native file format is PMX and it can also export and import JPEG, PSD, PNG, TIFF and some other file format.||The native file format of it is .psd and sometimes it has .psb file that stands for Photoshop big which means large document format. Its file format can easily import to other software of adobe.|
You can now have a basic idea about both of the software in the context of their basic requirement to have them for your work and also which type of file format can work with them. Next, we will go through Key difference for delve with both software about getting information of their main features.
Pixelmator and Photoshop both are raster image editing software with their own features and now going through this article you can analyze them on your own basis and can start working on them for graphics editing work. The plus point is that there is a free trial in both so you can try both once for a better decision.
This is a guide to Pixelmator vs Photoshop. Here we also discuss the Pixelmator vs photoshop key differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –