Updated March 27, 2023
Introduction to Pattern Recognition Applications
Pattern recognition applications can be defined as the automated recognition facilities that enable the usage of recognition patterns automatically with the help of intelligent machines. It is closely related to the Pattern recognition systems that take in data preprocesses. It finds the desired patterns, suggests the closeness with the data required and then further sends the chunks of data into the chamber for intended usages. Pattern recognition applications are found everywhere in our day to day life. Knowingly or unknowingly, we all tend to use the PR systems and their applications. PR Application techniques are a subpart of Machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Applications of Pattern Recognition
Now let us elaborate a few applications of Pattern recognition.
1. Disease Categorization: The PR systems have been employed in disease recognition and imaging over a decade.
2. Natural Language Processing: The Pattern Recognition algorithms are used in NLPs for building strong software systems that have further applications in the computer and communications industry.
3. Network Intrusion Detection: Network intrusion detection is one of the sectors of security. The intrusion is one of the serious threats posed to any data firm. Thus the PR system applications help in intrusion detection by recognizing patterns of intrusion over time. This ensures security systems to be at alarm if the slightest of patterns of intrusion show their traces over the network.
4. In Image Sensing and Recognition: Pattern recognition well suits the image processing and its segmentation. The analysis is then performed. This is forwarded to expert reviews. PR algorithms have gradually incorporated intelligence, similar to humans. Machine learning has boosted their recognition powers in medical image sensing and recognizing.
5. Optical Character Recognition: Also commonly known as OCR, They are widely in use these days.
6. Data Mining and Warehousing Patterns or Knowledge Discovery: The KDD and other algorithms are used for finding patterns when performing data mining activities.
7. Acting as Eyes in Computer Vision: Pattern recognition algorithms are widely used in computer vision. They help in extracting meaningful features from excerpts of images, videos, etc. There are applications in biomedical and medical imaging of diseases.
8. Prediction of Survival Rates for Patients with Specific Disease: The probability rates of patients can also be predicted with pattern recognition algorithms.
9. Seismic Analysis: PR approaches are used for findings, imaging, and elucidation of sequential patterns of seismic display of recorded data. In this application, we implement Statistical pattern recognition techniques. They are used in variants of seismic analysis and data models.
10. Healthcare: With the arrival of sensors that can be worn on hands, and easy to use devices, the Pattern recognition systems are performing wonderfully. The data of patients can be accessed and analyzed for the patient in almost no time and in fact, in real-time. PR systems are growing quickly in the healthcare industry.
11. Radar Signal Recognition and Analysis: The Pattern recognition schemes are used in radar signal and classification. Signal processing methods are used in various applications of radar signal classifications like AP mine detection and identification.
12. Oil and Gas: The oil and gas industry is also making use of PR systems. The analysis of minerals, energy sources and their patterns on various geographical terrains are all being done by the PR systems these days.
13. Speech Recognition: The huge success of pattern recognition is seen in the speech recognition domain. The linguistics and PR systems are going hand in hand with the research and developments in various spheres of speech and linguistics recognition. It uses algorithms that are competitive and is able to treat large data sets simultaneously.
14. Texture Discrimination: The textile industry makes use of PR systems for texture determination for its clients based on their housing needs.
15. Finger Print Identification: Fingerprint recognition technology is a dominant technology in the biometric market. A number of recognition methods have been used to perform fingerprint matching out of which pattern recognition approaches are widely used.
16. Agriculture: In the Agriculture industry, we have a lot of applications which are reflected in the contribution of economic benefits. It works hand in hand with the breeding industry; the researchers are using multiple pattern recognition schemes for research for identification, improvement and breed key traits. This leads to dealing with the rising production demands, increase the resistance to various diseases, reducing the threats to the environment by using less water, fertilizers, etc.
17. Chromosome Shape Discrimination: This is an imperative application of PR systems which is at the microscopic levels. Humans will not be able to classify rearrange and predict changes at chromosome and genetic levels. PR systems are efficiently doing the job.
18. Financial Services: In financial companies, the PR systems are helping data recognition related to trends in the financial markets. They are doing the job of identifying they are able to identify key insights. This might prevent financial crashes and save society from financial troubles. This technology is further used to make investments and expand businesses. Cyber surveillance is one of the examples that help in timely recognizing risks and taking steps to prevent them.
19. Transportation: The PR systems are expanding its applications to the transportation sector as well. On the basis of travel history, the mould of routes, packages, destinations, and costs are made pre available to the customers using PR systems. The transportation companies thus are able to forecast potential risks that might occur on certain routes, and suitably counsel their customers timely.
Automated pattern recognition systems that are computer-dependent prove more efficient than human senses. The human sense might fail to recognize patterns due to loss of vision with age, or inefficient data. Then the automated systems prove to be the beneficial factor in various aspects of life. In India, the Pattern recognition applications are on the verge of expansion and have just taken a step towards PR equipped systems in all aspects of the country and its needs. Pattern analysis and reasoning utilize the prototype in finding solutions to problems in various aspects and domains, thereby analyzing relevant patterns.
This is a guide to Pattern Recognition Applications. Here we discuss the Introduction and applications of pattern recognition which includes disease categorization, healthcare, speech recognition, etc. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –