Updated March 23, 2023
Introduction to Applications of Fuzzy Logic
Fuzzy Logic is the way the computer responds to degrees of truth than the traditional Boolean way of logic. Dr Lotfi Zadeh developed the FL idea in the 1960s from the University of California. FL is based on the system understanding the natural language or human language and thereby processing human reasoning. We cannot easily translate the natural language to the Boolean logic of zero and one. Hence, we can say that FL works similar to the human brain. The process is used in neural networks and Artificial Intelligence. The value of FL lies between completely true and false, and so it handles partial truth. In this article, we will see the various applications of fuzzy logic.
Applications of Fuzzy Logic
Here we discuss the different applications of fuzzy logic:
- Speech recognition, facial characteristics recognition are the important application of Fuzzy Logic.
- Fuzzy Logic is used in the Aerospace industry to control the altitude of aircraft and satellites.
- In the anti-icing and deicing operation of flights, Fuzzy Logic is used to regulate the flow and mixture of ice. Similarly, they help to regulate the airflow in air conditioning rooms as well.
- Fuzzy Logic is used in the automotive industry to control traffic.
- In order to manage the highway systems in the transportation of vehicles, Fuzzy Logic is used.
- Automatic transmissions in the automotive industry can be managed efficiently by Fuzzy Logic. Also, the shift schedules are taken care of by this logic.
- The systems can be trained to control the speed of vehicles using this logic.
- Fuzzy Logic helps entrepreneurs in the decision-making process in their business.
- The employees or workers can be evaluated easily by Fuzzy Logic if the company size is large, and if the process cannot be managed manually.
- The target can be recognized easily using Fuzzy Logic, be it underwater or above the ground in the defence sector.
- The infrared images are not easy to capture for the human eye. This target recognition is easily done by using Fuzzy Logic.
- In order to support the navy or any other defence mechanism, Fuzzy Logic acts as support personnel for them.
- Fuzzy Logic is known to set modelling for NATO decision making.
- Using Fuzzy Logic, we can easily control the hypervelocity of the interceptor.
- Video cameras are set to automatically capture the scenes with their automatic exposure. Fuzzy Logic helps the cameras to do so.
- If the room is well maintained and clean but so humid, Fuzzy Logic can control the humidity.
- In most of the houses, housewives use the washing machine happily as they can set the time to wash the clothes in the machine. This advancement in the washing machine is done by Fuzzy Logic.
- Fuzzy logic perceives the matter in a way the human brain receives the input. Hence Fuzzy Logic is used in stock market predictions in most places.
- In ATMs and other government service agencies, banknotes have to be transferred for a smooth flow of the process. This transfer of banknotes to various enterprises, counting the notes, a supply of the notes can be done by Fuzzy Logic.
- We find it difficult to manage the funds of our daily needs, vacation, kids’ schooling and so on. If we manage Fuzzy Logic in an efficient manner, we can make FL the kids’ caretaker in fund management.
- The working of microwave ovens is still a mystery to many people. Once we set the time in the oven and if we need it really fast, Fuzzy Logic helps you out in this scenario. It helps in setting time in the machine.
- The vacuum cleaners with a fuzzy logic mechanism increase the speed of the motor with the amount of dust, and it helps in holding the device for a longer time with the amount of dust.
- FLC is used for rotary cement kiln to control the amount of heat exchange inside the rotor.
- FLC is used in a wastewater treatment plant to control the aeration for treatment as it integrates the incoming oxygen and oxidation-reduction information.
- The parameters affecting the quality of water are easily measured using Fuzzy Logic, and hence the water is treated accordingly to purify the same.
- Various quality checks are available in the industry to do the qualitative analysis of products. These parameters are measured quantitatively using FLC.
- In structural design, various constraints have to be evaluated and satisfied to do the design efficiently. This can be done easily with Fuzzy Logic.
- Also, in water purification plants, the aeration and amount of oxygen are controlled using these controllers.
- In the cheese industry, the optimization of cheese is done using FLC.
- Also, milk optimization is done with the help of Fuzzy Logic.
- Fuzzy Logic is easily used in the control of ships as it can measure different quantities and manoeuvre the control of ships using the autopilot mechanism.
- The routes for ships can be tricky at times and will be tough to manage manually. Fuzzy logic can be used to select the efficient route for the ships. Also, it helps in steering the ships.
- The underwater vehicle controls can be easily handled with the help of the Fuzzy Logic mechanism.
- In the medical field, FLC can be used as diagnostic support system.
- Anaesthesia can be fatal in rare cases. FLC is used to control the arterial pressure of the patient while giving anaesthesia.
- Also, a various control mechanism in anaesthesia is easily handled by FLC.
- Various neuro pathological models can be drawn using FLC that is helpful in treating Alzheimer’s patients.
- It really helps in the Radiology field to diagnose the disease.
- The Fuzzy diagnosis is helpful in diabetes and cancer treatment as well.
- Security appliances are made with FLC so that the system is automated and it raises the alarm when something eventful happens.
- In railways, automatic braking and stopping of trains are done with the help of FLC.
- Underground train operation is managed using FLC.
- Train schedules are controlled with the help of FLC.
The information is made precise and Fuzzy Logic is similar in human decision-making methods. The problems in the world are made simple with the help of this mechanism. It helps to know the fuzziness in decisions.
This is a guide to the Applications of Fuzzy Logic. Here we discuss the introduction and different applications of Fuzzy Logic, respectively. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –