Updated March 4, 2023
Definition of Oracle Weblogic Server
The Oracle Weblogic server is an industry prominent application server that is responsible for constructing enterprise applications by means of Java EE standards and also installing them on a consistent, accessible runtime with little cost of proprietorship. Hence, this Oracle Weblogic server is deliberately united with Oracle’s complete product and cloud service assortment. It delivers compatibility with preceding versions with the provision of new structures for developer efficiency, high obtainability, manageability, and utilization to cloud inherent Kubernetes-based settings.
Why Do We Need an Oracle Weblogic Server?
It is needed for the following benefits:
- Complete Java EE and also Jakarta EE application delivering a robust technology combination with APIs.
- Cloud neutral environment is supported by Oracle Weblogic running the Java applications.
- Time to market is concentrated by application modernization to achieve high agility by the means of open source and integrated tooling.
- For enterprise application needs, the Oracle Weblogic server is integrated with other Oracle products and technologies for offering optimal obtainability, presentation, and supportability.
- Prominent distributed caching solution across on premises and cloud.
- Fast provisioning of Oracle Weblogic Server in the Oracle cloud.
- Can associate to several external enterprise suites like E-business suite, PeopleSoft, etc. in the Weblogic server.
Working of Oracle Weblogic Server
- The system administrator of this Oracle Weblogic server consists of a varied range of tasks such as forming Weblogic server domains, positioning of applications, transferring domains from improvement environments to assembly environments, observing and handling the performance of the run-time system, analyzing and troubleshooting difficulties.
- Since a Weblogic server domain is defined as a group of Weblogic Server services intended for a definite purpose. For instance, the user may make a domain for delivering an employee portal and also another domain for delivering business services to your customers.
- Because the management system of the Oracle Weblogic server is centered on JAVA EE along with other standards and also it assimilates with a system that is regularly implemented to handle other software and hardware constituents. In supplement, the Oracle Weblogic server consists different of its own standards-based, also extensible benefits. Otherwise, APIs can also be applied by the user to construct custom management utilities.
Below is listed the advantages :
- This Weblogic platform delivers the only extremely integrated, dependable solution, great performance, uniting the benefits of a mutual application infrastructure with an easy-to-use, strong application improvement and administration framework for certain classes of applications such as Portal initiatives, custom development, and enterprise integration.
- Weblogic server is responsible to provide a platform to create and install multitier distributed enterprise applications.
- It helps to centralize application services for instance Web server functionality, modules of business, and entree to backend enterprise schemes.
- Weblogic server implements technologies like connection pooling and caching for developing resource use along with application performance.
- It aids to offer enterprise-level security as well as robust administration facilities.
- It is stable and resistant and includes user management, messaging, clustering management, and performance on run-time.
- It creates an easy task for the managers and administrators.
- Weblogic on Linux can be rock solid.
Below is listed the disadvantages :
- Oracle Weblogic server is costly that drives minor companies away from licensing.
- The latest versions of Java cannot be implemented nevertheless they are not specialized for the version Java 11 however Java itself is an Oracle product.
- Internally built tools CI/CD is present.
- Several connectivities of DB version.
- Can be improved cloud-based deployment.
- Required to be transported to the fresh era of Cloud Native nevertheless that Oracle is functioning over that.
- Performance and User interface can be enhanced.
- For any health issue case, it must drive alerts.
- The installation can be made more simple as well as administration.
- The weblogic server has a difficult configuration.
- Analytics and restart needs for configuration alters.
- When it approaches native concerns, logging is reduced.
- The console requires enhancement.
- Domain replication seems to be hard which needs much knowledge and effort on scripts.
Usage of Oracle Weblogic Server
We have the following usage as follows:
- Streamline Java EE application: With the help of Weblogic server, the install tooling which delivers Docker provisioning sustenance through the operator offers Kubernetes supervision capabilities.
- Execute Java applications in the cloud: Change prevailing on-premises Java applications to the cloud by means of Oracle Weblogic server for Cloud Infrastructure in Oracle for the improved performance at a lesser cost.
- Construct Java Microservices: On the basis of standards, the MicroProfile APIs to modern and cloud-native Java applications by means of functional programming are leveraged by Helidon.
Now a day, the business environment loads e-commerce and web applications which can quicken the entrance into a new market, supports to discovery of new ways to reach and retain customers that permit to present of new products and also services fast. But for this, we need to construct and install new solutions to get an established, trustworthy e-commerce platform that is able to connect and authorize all sorts of users while assimilating the corporate records, mainframe applications, and further enterprise applications in an authoritative, supple, end-to-end e-commerce solution.
Also, the solution must deliver accessible performance with high obtainability required to regulate the most serious enterprise-scale calculation. Since, being an industry e-commerce transaction platform, the Oracle Weblogic server permits to swiftly creation and deploy unfailing, secure, mountable, and controllable applications. It handles system-level facts therefore one can think on business logic and demonstration. Thus, weblogic server produced by Oracle offers tight integration with assistance to prominent databases, emerging tools, and other types of environment. Few versions of this server can be Weblogic tengah which is the oldest and preliminary one while the other latest one is Weblogic server 14c(14.1.1).
- Oracle Weblogic Server is an extensible and combined platform to cultivate, install and run enterprise applications for example Java, in the cloud, and for on-premises.
- This Weblogic server delivers a mature, powerful, and accessible execution of Java Enterprise Edition(EE) and Jakarta EE.
- In this server, the language used is Java and it is developed by Oracle Corporation.
This is a guide to Oracle Weblogic Server. Here we also discuss the definition and working along with its advantages and disadvantages. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –