Updated May 15, 2023
Introduction to Oracle DBA Salary
Database management system by Oracle where online transaction processing and oracle data workloads are carried out in a normal manner so that the works are done efficiently within the Oracle system itself is called Oracle Database administration. Database hardware is handled well and the database is installed and configured with all the systematic methods so that we can monitor the performance well. In fact, all the activities related to databases such as design, creation, maintenance, management, and cost-effectiveness are done by the database administrator. Linux knowledge along with SQL is good in the understanding databases and this helps in writing basic codes as well.
Oracle DBA Salary
- Database administrators should be careful about managing the old data while integrating old and new systems. Various tests also should be done on the new database to ensure security. All the vulnerable data will be stored in the database and hence security must be given prior importance.
- Oracle database salary differs from region and company. In India, it differs based on metro cities as well. Tata Consultancy Services offers 6.5 lakhs for an entry-level database administrator. If they are good in cloud computing and know data modeling, the salary will be incremented up to 8 lakhs per annum. We have the same salary in Cognizant but in IBM and Wipro, Oracle database administrators earn less salary up to 5.5 lakhs. IBM has its own database and management team and hence use of Oracle is less. HCL offers even less and it is 4.75 lakhs per year. More salary is offered by Accenture for an entry-level administrator and it is 8.5 lakhs. In Oracle, the database administrator is offered 8.7 lakhs and one can learn more in Oracle company. The infrastructure and database management will be different when compared to other companies.
- The highest salary is 14 lakhs per year in India and this depends on the various skills being mastered by a database administrator. An oracle database administrator can be transitioned to a data warehouse architect or database developer as both roles need deep knowledge in a database. This manages to create all data from the database and earns more salary than the current role in database administration. Developers can write codes and manage the database from various security threats and create an autonomous database.
Guide Oracle DBA Salary
- The average salary of database administrators in the US is 93000 USD. But if it is specifically on Oracle, the demand is more and hence the salary is 108000 USD. The increments and rewards are more for Oracle database administrators and it reaches to 116000 USD. Salary increases with experience and skills and it reaches up to 120000 USD for the entry-level Oracle administrators with various skills.
- Entry-level database administrators have a salary of 40000 USD and people with the lowest percentile has a salary of 50000 USD. The median salary level for a database administrator is 87000 USD. It is not only in the US but the global demand of IT and database administrators are more resulting in higher salaries irrespective of the location. Intellectual property specialist has less salary when compared to others whereas database administration manager has a salary of 130000 USD in the initial period and increases based on their skill set and experience in the field. The database marketing manager has a salary of 105000 USD and it is comparable with the database warehouse analyst salary who earns the same amount.
- California pays more salary for database administrators. The cities San Jose pays 94000 USD and it is the highest salary. Los Angeles and Raleigh pay 93000 USD while San Francisco pays 91000 USD. Connecticut has less salary amongst all the cities and it starts from 87000 USD. The average differs again based on cities and New Jersey has the highest average of 51 dollars per hour followed by Washington with an average of 47 dollars.
DBA has a scope in the future
- Most companies have databases due to the huge amount of data being handled daily in the database. Hence, it is high time to think about the autonomous databases and moving out from maintaining the database mode. This helps the database to do all the daily database tasks automatically and hence database administrators can focus on the innovative process of the database. Data architecture and modeling of the database can be done by administrators and hence the database can be managed from the root level. This helps everyone to understand the data from the beginning stage and to rectify any designing mistakes from the database level itself.
- Also, database administrators can be made to collaborate with other roles and levels of business so that the security of the database as well as data coming from other levels can be managed easily. This level should require a more strategic level of thinking and collaborative ideas and this helps them to deliver more input to the company by providing security in all levels of data management. While database administrators’ work in database maintenance is reduced, their expertise can be used in other data levels making database management more secure and easy for anyone who uses the database. There will be critical customer data and more security is needed for this. Database administrators can be made to manage all the data well.
- Oracle RAC, Golden Gate, Exadata, and Cloud computing in Oracle are the new areas where database administrator expertise is much needed. Skillset can be improved and maintenance can be done automatically so that database administrators get more time in focusing on new and novel ideas to enhance the database and hence the customer data. This makes the company provide more security to the data at all levels and do better database designs with the help of administrators.
Oracle database administrator is a challenging and satisfying role at the same time due to the data warehousing processes involved in the database. Data is consistent throughout the database and this data integrity should be maintained throughout. Security of the database is very important and this makes the system strong in all aspects.
This is a guide to Oracle DBA Salary. Here we discuss the Introduction, overviews, oracle DBA salary, scope in the future. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –