Difference Between Lua vs Python
The following article provides an outline for Lua vs Python. The Lua and Python languages are similar, powerful, and scripting languages in the virtual application but both languages have some similarities and differences. The Lua and Python languages are compiling into byte code and run on a simulated machine or computer. The Lua and Python languages are multi-paradigm languages but used for different applications of the computer and other machines. The Lua language is using for embedded in the register-based simulated machine or virtual applications. The python language is using for general purpose web application in small and large projects.
Head to Head Comparison Between Lua vs Python (Infographics)
Below are the top 12 differences between Lua vs Python:
Key Difference Between Lua vs Python
Let us discuss some of the major key differences between Lua vs Python:
- The Lua is based on a multi-paradigm but primarily focus on the scripting language. Python is based on a multi-paradigm but focuses on object-oriented language.
- The Lua language is using for embedded code in a computer or virtual register-based machine. The Python language is using for creates web applications of the computer and parts of the virtual machines.
- The Lua does not support inheritance but it implements using the Lua Meta table. The Python language inherits methods and properties of the other class.
- The Lua is better for game development but python does not provide good support for mobile games and applications.
- Lua is easier than the Python language but Python is popular and demanding language than the Lua language for beginners.
- Python is a scripting language but it is heavy and slower than the Lua language but Lua is a light-weight, portable, and rapid execution language.
Lua vs Python Comparison Table
Let’s discuss the top comparison between Lua vs Python:
|Base||The Lua is a Multiparadigm language based on scripting language and used for the embedded code in the computer. Fast, high–level, and lightweight language.||Python is a Multiparadigm based on object oriented language and used for the general-purpose application. Readable, high-level, and clear interpreted language.|
|Multiparadigm||Scripting, functional, imperative.||Object-oriented, structured, imperative, functional, and reflective.|
|Operating System||The Lua supports the Cross-platform which is Linux, macOS, and Windows version operating system.||The Python support Linux, macOS, and Windows version operating system.|
|File Extension||Filename.lua||Filename.py, .pyc, .pyd, .pyi, .pyo, .pyw, and .pyz.|
|Environment Setup||The Lua programming language needed the following software for set up:
|The Python language has a variety of platforms to execute source code.
There is the following way to set up the software.
This website is:
The python documentation is downloading from the original website:
|IDE||Windows/ Linux/ MacOS: ZeroBrane Studio.
Only Windows: SciTE.
|Windows/ Linux/ MacOS: Python IDLE, pyCharm, and Eclipse.|
|Syntax||The Lue syntax is easy, readable, and does not need a semicolon to separate the statements.
print(“Hello Lua programmer!”)
|The python syntax is easy and does not need curly brackets and semicolons for coding.
print(“Hello Python programmer”)
|Control Flow||The Lua has four loops for control the algorithm and coding logic.
The Lua has a control statement for control the loop.
|Python has a loop to control the algorithm and coding logic.
The Python has control statements for control the loop.
|Operators||The Lua uses types of operators:
|Python uses types of operators:
|Applications||The Lua language is useful for the following applications:
||The python language is useful for the following applications:
The Lua and Python both have similarities and differences as per the coding algorithm and their features. The Lua and Python have their priorities, uses, and application as per the industrial requirement. The Lua and python are easy, light-weight, and multiple paradigm languages.
This is a guide to Lua vs Python. Here we discuss the Lua vs Python key differences with infographics and comparison table respectively. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –