Difference Between Keras vs TensorFlow vs PyTorch
The topmost three frameworks which are available as an open-source library are opted by data scientist in deep learning is PyTorch, TensorFlow, and Keras. The Keras is a neural network library scripted in python is Keras and can execute on the top layer of TensorFlow. It is specially designed for robust execution in deep neural networks. TensorFlow is an is used to perform multiple tasks in data flow programming and machine learning applications. PyTorch is a machine learning library that is used in natural language processing.
Head To Head Comparison Between Keras vs TensorFlow vs PyTorch (Infographics)
Below is the top 10 difference between Keras and TensorFlow and Pytorch:
Key differences between Keras vs TensorFlow vs PyTorch
The major difference such as architecture, functions, programming, and various attributes of Keras, TensorFlow, and PyTorch are listed below.
- Level of API: Keras is an advanced level API that can run on the top layer of Theano, CNTK, and TensorFlow which has gained attention for its fast development and syntactic simplicity. TensorFlow works on both low level and high levels of API whereas PyTorch works only on API with low-level.
- Architecture and Performance of the framework: The architecture of Keras is simple, concise, and readable and the performance is too low. TensorFlow is rigid to use but supports Keras to perform better. The architecture of PyTorch is complex and less interpretable when compared to Keras. But the performance of TensorFlow and PyTorch is robust which gives the maximum performance and also gives high efficacy in larger datasets. As the performance of Keras is lower, it applies only to smaller datasets.
- Process of Debugging: The debugging of a simple network is provided by Keras which is required very often. But in TensorFlow, debugging is a very complicated process whereas PyTorch provides flexible debugging abilities when compared to Keras and TensorFlow. The operation of PyTorch in neural networks describes the effective computation time for debugging tools like PyCharm, ipdb, and PDB. But when it comes to TensorFlow, there is an advanced option called tfdbg which enables to operates at session scope with particular runtime by browsing all tensors. As it is inbuilt with python code, there is no separate use of PDB. TensorFlow is mode advanced than PyTorch and has a broad community than PyTorch and Keras.
- Suitability of the framework.: Keras is mostly preferred in the small dataset, and provides rapid prototyping and extended numerous back-end support whereas TensorFlow gives high performance and functionalities in object detection and can be implemented in a larger dataset. As the flexibility and debugging abilities of PyTorch are more it can be adapted in the minimum training time of the datasets.
- Performance of the framework in Neural Networks: PyTorch has multi-layer and cell level classes of developing recurrent networks. The object of the layers manages input data and one timestep in a unit cell and also represents RNN with bidirectional properties. So the numerous layers of the networks provide a suitable wrapper to the cell as there is no need for further optimization. TensorFlow comprises of dropout wrapper, multiple RNN cell, and cell level classes to implement deep neural networks. Keras comprises of fully connected layers, GRU and LSTM used for the creation of recurrent neural networks.
Comparison Table of Keras vs TensorFlow vs PyTorch
Below is the top 10 difference between TensorFlow vs Spark:
|Behavioral Parameters of the framework||Keras||TensorFlow||PyTorch|
|Definition||The Neural network library is available as an open-source.||TensorFlow is available as an open-source and a free software library||It is a machine learning library that is available as an open-source.|
|Coding Language||It is available as a coding. All the codes are scripted in a single line.||The library is compact with C, C++, Java, and other coding languages. The accuracy is increased by programming it with small codes.||It is scripted only with python. The codes of PyTorch is scripted with larger lines.|
|Applications||It is designed to perform robust experiments in neural networks.||It is employed to teach the machine about multiple computational techniques||It is used to build natural language processing and neural networks.|
|Level of API’s||It can execute on Theano and CNTK as it has high-level API||It comprises of both low level and high-level API’s||PyTorch focuses only on array expression because of its low-level API.|
|Architecture||It has an understandable syntax and can be easily interpretable.||It is popular because of its rapid computation ability in the various platform but has little complex architecture which is difficult to interpret||The beginners feel complicated at PyTorch’s architecture but they are interested in its deep learning application and also used for various academic purposes.|
|Speed||It operates at the minimum speed only||It works on maximum speed which in turns provides high performance||The performance and speed of PyTorch are similar to TensorFlow.|
|Dataset||It operates effectively in the smaller dataset as the speed of execution is low.||It is highly capable to manage large dataset as it has a maximum speed of execution||It can manage a high-performance task in a higher dimensional dataset.|
|Debugging||The administrator need not require any frequent process of debugging||It is challenging to perform debugging.||The abilities to debug is better than Keras and TensorFlow|
|Popularity||It is widely used in neural networks and supports convolutional and utility layers.||It is famous for its automated image capturing software and its internal use of google.||It is popular because of its automatic differentiation on deep learning networks and supports high power GPU applications with the NN module, optimum module, and autograd module.|
|Glimpse of verdict||It provides multiple back-end support and robust prototyping.||High performance and functionalities in Object detection on a large dataset.||Flexibility.
The duration of training is short.
Has a wide variety of debugging.
PyTorch is simple and user-friendly whereas TensorFlow is approached for its incomprehensive API. Keras and TensorFlow have a strong brick wall but leftover with tiny holes for communication whereas PyTorch is tightly bounded with Python and suitable at many applications.
This is a guide to Keras vs TensorFlow vs PyTorch. Here we discuss the difference between Keras vs TensorFlow vs PyTorch, head to head comparison with infographics and comparisons table. You can also go through our other related articles to learn more –