Difference Between JMeter vs LoadRunner
The Loadrunner is categorized as the software offered by HP that is widely used for performance testing and used to detect issues and threats present in web applications. The software is best used to detect early detects in the application before the actual implementation begins for the application. The JMeter is another software testing type tool offered by Apache and used by the developers to test the application. The JMeter software is an open-source tool that makes them suitable for developers to use in their application for testing. It is also used for the functional performance of web applications.
Head to Head Comparisons Between JMeter vs LoadRunner (Infographics)
Below are the top 7 comparisons between JMeter and LoadRunner:
Key Differences between JMeter vs LoadRunner
Let us discuss some of the major key differences between JMeter vs LoadRunner:
- The major difference between JMeter software and LoadRunner software is the use of software and the price of the software. The JMeter software is available as an open-source type software that can be easily downloaded from its official website. On the other hand, the LoadRunner software is available as a paid version, and the user has to pay for using the software. The developers mostly prefer the JMeter software to test web applications’ software performance and benchmarking. The enterprise uses the LoadRunner software as it is a paid version and organization used to detect bugs and issues in their web applications and measure their applications’ performance.
- The other difference between JMeter software and LoadRunner software is the platforms supported by them. The JMeter software can support various platforms like Java objects, servlets, FTP server, database queries, HTTP, SOAP, Pearl scripts and many more platforms. The JMeter software can be easily run to test on all these mentioned platforms. The LoadRunner software can support various platforms like web service, .net, J2EE, SAP, Siebel, PeopleSoft, wireless media and many more. All these platforms can be used to test the performance and can us LoadRunner software for that.
- Another difference between JMeter software and LoadRunner software is the user interface used and performance. The JMeter software user interface is less proficient and has fewer features compared to LoadRunner software. The LoadRunner software is technically more proficient and comes with more g=features with high development compared to JMeter software. The structure of the user interface for LoadRunner is more complex compared to JMeter software. The performance of the LoadRunner is much more compared to JMeter software. As the LoadRunner comes up with a paid version, it contains more advanced features for finding bugs and web applications issues. And the LoadRunner software is capable of identifying almost all bugs present in the application and enhancing the application’s performance. As the JMeter is an open-source tool, there are only limited features present in it and is used by the developers to find bugs in the application.
- The other difference between the two software is the capacity for generating load. The JMeter software is capable of generating unlimited load and can handle as many requests in it. On the other hand, the load generated by the LoadRunner software is limited.
- The other difference between JMeter software and LoadRunner software is customizing the features of the software. As the JMeter software is an open-source tool, it provides the functionality to customize the existing features and modify them as per the requirement. The LoadRunner is not open-source; hence, the features cannot make customized, and the user has to use the features offered by the software.
Comparison Table of JMeter vs LoadRunner
Let’s look at the top comparisons between JMeter vs LoadRunner|
|Basis of Comparison||JMeter||Loadrunner|
|Owner||Apache owns the JMeter software tool.||The Loadrunner software tool is owned by Hewlett Packard (HP).|
|Price||The JMeter software testing tool is open-source software that can be easily downloaded and can be used for functional performance testing of web applications.||The Loadrunner software testing tool is not open-source software, and the user has to buy to do functional performance testing of web applications. There are different editions available for the software that includes community edition, enterprise edition.|
|Integrations||The JMeter software can integrate with other applications and business systems that include Jenkins, JSUnit, BlazeMeter, Maven, CloudGen, Visual Studio, Dynatrace, Meliora TestLab, and many more other applications.||The Loadrunner software can integrate with other applications and business systems that include Jenkins, DynaTrace, UFT, SiteScope, AppDynamics, Selenium, HP Diagnostics, and Visual studio. The Loadrunner software tool can be easily integrated with the above applications.|
|Devices support||The JMeter software supports Linux, Windows, Web-based and Mac and can be used to test the software performance.||The LoadRunner software supports Windows, Web-based and Mac and can be used to test the software performance.|
|GUI||The user interface of the JMeter software is less efficient when it is compared to LoadRunner software.||The LoadRunner software comes up with an efficient graphical user interface when it is compared to JMeter software.|
|Performance||The performance of JMeter is less compared to the LoadRunner. Small bugs and threats can be identified by this tool, but it is inefficient to detect threats in large scale applications.||The LoadRunner is more efficient and faster to detect the bus present in the application compared to JMeter software. All the system-level performance information can be collected using the LoadRunner software.|
The JMeter and LoadRunner software are the type of tools used to test the software’s performance and can be used for web applications. The right software is choosing as per the testing requirement of the web application. Both software can find bugs and threats in the application and help eliminate the application.
This is a guide to JMeter vs LoadRunner. Here we discuss the key differences between infographics and comparison tables. You can also go through our other related articles to learn more –