Introduction to JIRA Alternatives
In this chapter, we are going to see different types of JIRA alternatives. Before beginning with these types, we will see what JIRA is? What is the main purpose of it?. JIRA is an open-source software tool used for managing projects, tasks, bug tracking, and issue tracking related to software and mobile applications.
History of JIRA: JIRA software is developed by Atlassian Corporation, which is an Australian software company. JIRA name is the truncation of Gojira (it is named for Godzilla in Japanese) that can be a reference to Bugzilla (a bug tracker and testing tool of Mozilla Foundation). It is a cross-platform tool that can be worked on different types of operating systems. It is written in the JAVA programming language, and a stable release is the 7.13.0 version.
List of JIRA Alternatives
Now we will look into different types of JIRA alternatives with features.
The Backlog is a popular project management software tool, an alternative to JIRA that provides a simple and instinctive interface. Developers use a Backlog tool to collaborate with other team members for the delivery of a high-quality project.
- It is a lightweight issue tracking tool, which can be used easily.
- It specifies projects and issues with subtasks.
- It comes with a combination of Git and SVN, where you can review the code and track the project issues in one place.
- It provides a custom workflow of code.
- It includes integrated wikis and watches lists.
- It supports Android and iOS applications.
- It is available both in the cloud and on-premise (running the software on the premises of a person or an organization).
- It is free for small teams, which include a team of 10 members.
Clickup is the fastest growing and simple productivity tool, an alternative to JIRA that provides an agile board view (board view defines every single task of your team) with drag and drop functionality.
- It customizes the workflow with custom statuses and custom fields to enhance project transparency.
- It allows adding multiple assignees for the project when there is a need for more than one person.
- It allows editing comments and resolves comments to keep things organized manner.
- It schedules the time to view the tasks by time and adds due dates for the tasks.
Trello is a free task management application that works collaboratively with task boards to organize your project in a flexible way and track the progress of the work. It provides up to 10GB of free storage space and can combine with Google Drive and Dropbox.
- It provides unlimited boards, lists, cards, attachments, etc.
- It contains some add-on to integrate with projects.
- It can combine with Google Drive, Box, and Dropbox.
- It allows uploading files such as documents, videos, and PowerPoint presentations.
- It can attach the files from your computer or cloud storage services.
- It allows creating to-do lists, due dates, and checklists.
Another JIRA alternative is Blossom which is a project management service and tracking tool for software teams. It includes principles of Kanban (a Japanese word, where “kan” refers to “visual” and “ban” refers to “card”; therefore, this word refers to visual cards) to improve the workflow of the project.
- It is used to picture the processes.
- It uses a Kanban system to visualize the workflow of the project, the progress of the project.
- It provides maximum efficiency performance analytics.
- It provides seamless Chat Integration and easy code integration.
- It uses email notifications in a project for comments on cards.
Wrike is a cloud-based project management application service provider tool that manages, organizes and provides secure access to cloud applications. It works with teams of all sizes and tracks the work progress by taking initial requests and reports back with results.
- It integrates with cloud storage applications, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box.
- It provides document management and advanced task management.
- It uses Gantt charts to examine the project resources in a visual dashboard.
- It allocates 2GB of free data storage. With the support of cloud storage applications, you can expand the storage capacity for the project.
- It provides file sharing and editing, full control over the project tasks, and real-time activity stream.
6. Pivotal Tracker
Pivot tracker is an agile project management tool, which is made for software developers to collaborate with teams to explore the work progress.
- It allows managing projects in a single view and analyzing the progress with team priorities.
- It supports nested Boolean expressions with the help of search syntax.
- It breaks down the project into small chunks and helps to get work done in a specified time.
- It provides attractive visual graphs to see the project team’s health and efficiency.
- It provides real-time collaboration and iterative management workflow.
- It enlarges the project collaboration and allows file sharing such as mock-ups, presentations from your computer or Google drive.
Asana is a reliable work management platform, which organizes the workflow easily and keeps the project team’s work on schedule. It is designed to help teams organize, track, and manage their work.
- It has got a new board view to organize the tasks and can be easily visualized and manage by the projects.
- It removes the requirement of email and third-party apps for corporate communication.
- It provides transparency among teams and clarity to teammates.
- It integrates with cloud storage applications, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Slack, InstaGantt, Zapier etc.
- It supports different types of platforms such as Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, windows mobile, web-based platforms.
Mingle is a project management tool, which communicates with projects with the help of messages, forums, and wikis. Team members of Mingle can execute agile practices and share the project’s source code directly from Mingle.
- It allows users to update the projects on Kanban cards.
- It provides different types of languages such as English, Chinese, Dutch, Portuguese, and Spanish, which helps remote users to solve the project issues.
- It can manage cross-team dependencies easily and enables team members to work according to their way.
- By using the program designing of Mingle’s, project managers can conceptualize the project’s timeline and objectives.
- It can contact and collaborate easily, also provides work templates for Scrum, Kanban, and Agile processes.
VersionOne is an enterprise software platform and delivery solutions that provide services to agile management, application life cycle management, etc. It uses a drag-and-drop interface to formulate stories and defects.
- It provides support for a variety of methodologies such as the Scaled Agile Framework, Enterprise Scrum, Kanban, LeSS, or a Hybrid approach.
- It verifies end-to-end visibility and facilitates team adoption.
- It can integrate with JetBrains, TeamCity, Hudson Jenkins, UrbanCode, Bugzilla, IBM Rational ClearQuest, etc.
- It makes available all feature requests in one place and displays results based on the business goal.
So far, we have discussed top JIRA alternatives along with their features. You can visit their official website, compare with each other alternatives, and do select the best JIRA alternatives according to your needs. Try with all the tools and make a choice easier for you.
This has been a guide to JIRA Alternatives. Here we have discussed the basic concept with different types of JIRA Alternatives along with their features. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –