Updated February 10, 2023
Introduction to Java Projects
Java projects are very important while developing any applications. We can implement the java project by using various tools like Eclipse, STS, and Netbeans IDE. The project will contain the SRS which includes the project objective, it will also include the project role and user, and functional and non-functional requirements. Java project will contain detailed information on how a project is working. Java is a good language for developing projects.
- Java project is a favorite in the software industry because it makes the project development process very efficient and it solves the problem of platform distribution.
- Memory management in java is very robust, java projects handle the collection of garbage automatically, without user intervention.
What are Java Projects?
We can create different types of projects in java, by using STS, Netbeans, or Eclipse. While developing a new project in java, contains a compiler and interpreter for converting high-level language into machine code. As per object-oriented language, java is good compared to other languages like inheritance and abstraction.
Top Java Projects
Below are the top java projects as follows. We can run those projects on the web as well as on a desktop.
- Bank management system – This project deals with the bank account and its transactions. It is designing a robust system that allows the engagement of the transaction of each beginner. This project is web-based.
- Temperature converter – In this type of project we are building conversion tools, to develop this project we need mathematical formulas. We took the user’s input value and converted it into the output displayed on the screen.
- Electricity billing system – The main task to design this software is to automate the electricity billing system. In this project, we can automate the process of electricity bills. We can do lots of addition to this project.
- Supermarket billing system – This type of billing project sums the amount for every item and adds them into the final bill. The number of items and price is editable for every item.
- Line shortener – This project uses the hashing concept required to build the challenge that runs on browsers. We need to check the validation after inserting the proper link.
- Chatting application – There are multiple ways to implement the chatting application. This application contains online chatting. To develop this application, we required network libraries.
- Digital clock – Another project is to implement the digital clock. To implement this project, we required knowledge of UI design. We have the required knowledge of event handling as well as periodic execution functions.
- Email client system – To design this software allows us to deal with emails. We need to add the descent project to the resume. This application’s main task is to send the email as per the user’s choice.
- Student management system – This project functionality is divided into three main parts, i.e. student, teacher, and administration. This project in java is highly customizable.
- Food ordering system – The main functionality of this project is to allow the food for the user and send the order to a particular restaurant. For the same order is taken and need to show bill to the customer.
How to Use Java Projects?
We can use java projects to develop the application.
In the below example, we are using the spring tool suite for using java projects as follows:
1. For using the java projects in the first step we are opening the sprig tool suite as follows.
2. After opening the spring tool suite, we are creating a new project in java. For creating a new project, we need to click on the file, then need to click on the new project. It will open below the window.
3. After opening the above page we need to select the java project, it will create a new java project for use, after selecting java project we need to click on the next button.
4. After clicking on the next button it will be asking to add the project name. In the below example, we are adding the project name as project_test as follows.
5. After creating the project then we can use the project to create a new application as follows.
Java Popular Applications
Below are the popular application in java as follows. We can use this idea to develop new applications as follows.
- Airline reservation system – This is a web application that aims to automate the ticket booking system. This is a web-based java project, this is an online platform where user books their tickets.
- Course management system – It is an online managed application that is designed for educational institutes. It contain a collection of technologies, it will allow the instructor to produce the course content and publish the same on the web.
- Software of data visualization – This software involves the visual representation of data. This project is to provide an overview of implementation and design techniques for data visualization.
- Health care management system – This is a web-based project, which provides management of employee and medical data of patients. This project consists of two modules client and the administration module.
- Library management system – We can implement this software by using any DB system. This application is designed to use maintain and manage the libraries of an educational institution.
- Network packet sniffer – This is packet analyzer software used to manage the traffic of the network. This is a web-based application that facilitates monitoring of web-based. This is offering web-based network monitoring.
- Medical management system – This is a web-based application that was used to create direct communication between patient and doctor. By using this application patients can book an online appointment.
- Online quiz management system – This is java based platform that was used to create a platform for online discussion, this consists of a wide range of questions and also contains multiple topics.
- Online survey system – This application is used to conduct the online survey. This project is used to create the online survey by using java foundation.
- Smart city project – This is a web-based software application, used to store all the details of the city. The smart city project contains the address that was creating the integrated platform for storing the information.
Java Projects Ideas
While developing java projects, first we need to define the idea after defining the idea we are implementing same.
Below are the java project idea as follows:
- Reversing string – In java string is defined as a character sequence that acts like an object. The string is a very commonly used data structure used to store the data. We can create a simple application that reverses a string.
- Creating a calculator – To create a calculator in java is a simple application. We can implement a simple calculator as per our requirements. To create this project we need to implement calculator functionality.
- Sum of two numbers – We can implement the simple project that is doing the sum of two numbers. This project is simple, the user needs to enter two numbers and then the code is adding that two numbers for presenting the sum.
- Android application – We can use java language to create android applications. Writing code for a mobile application requires unique tools and a way of thinking about the application’s operations.
- Budget tracker – To implement the application of a budget tracker is very simple. We need to add the field of income and expenses. This is a good project because we can scale the same as per our ability.
- Fortune teller – We can create this java project by web API. This API is allowing two applications to interact with each other.
- Address book – This application is keeping track of contact details. It will track email, phone, and address.
- Currency converter – This is a simple application of java. We need to take one currency and need to use the conversion rate for finding the equivalent amount with another currency.
- Chess game – This project is creating multiple classes for every element of the game. We need to add coding as per the rule of chess. This project will require thinking about planning.
- Snake game – This is a classic video game. In this game, the player that was playing is controlling the snake. At that time snake will eat some good then its body is growing as per step.
Java is a very demanding and popular language. Java project shows the understanding of java concepts and programming language. We can use java to develop real-time applications. Java project-based learning helps us to implement java projects. By using java in our application we can boost the application portfolio.
Java Projects Advanced
Below are the advanced java project as follows. The advanced java project requires more coding.
- Attendance management system – This is a major project defined for graduates. We can implement this project by using java and also we are using MVC architecture and the maven tool.
- Game of number guessing – In this project we need to guess the number that was given in a number. This game contains the concept of limited attempts.
- Banking application – We can implement banking applications. This application will contain different types of modules.
- ATM simulation system – This is a java project used to implement personal banking. They can also check the balance from their account.
- Airline reservation system – This java project is built to help customers for booking their tickets online. They can also check the ticket availability.
- Pharmacy management system – This is a web-based application that was built using java. This application contains the facility to buy medicine online.
- Helpdesk management system – We can build this application by using java servlet and MySQL. This application is used to raise a complaint regarding the ticket.
- Supply chain management system – This is a java project, it will contain different types of operations like handling and moving raw goods. We can also manage the inventory by using this application.
We can create different types of projects in java, by using STS, Netbeans, or Eclipse. While developing a new project in java, contains a compiler and interpreter for converting high-level language into machine code. The project will contain the SRS which includes the project objective, it will also include the project role and user, and functional and non-functional requirements.
This is a guide to Java Projects. Here we discuss the introduction, top java projects, use, java popular applications and advanced java projects. You can also look at the following articles to learn more –