Updated May 22, 2023
Overview of ITIL Jobs
ITIL (information technology infrastructure library) is the sub-branch of information technology. It deals with a company’s daily problems related to the information technology network, computer operations, software updates, and all other allied activities. ITIL is a growing market field and a good career path. Many institutes are providing short-term and long-term certificate courses in ITIL to provide knowledge and To create good manpower who work effectively in ITIL. The demand for ITIL professionals is increasing day by day due to the dependence of industries on ITIL nowadays. So if we talk about the jobs in the ITIL field, we can say that there are many opportunities in it, and many more are in the queue for generations in the near future. So now we will discuss all the aspects regarding ITIL jobs like salary, job positions, and others below:
Positions and Salary
|Senior Manager (IT)||85-95K|
|INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER (ITM)||60-80K|
|Senior Executive (ITSE)||40-60K|
|INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANT(ITA)||15-25K|
Growth in ITIL
As we discussed above, and if we see the hierarchical profile and salary, we realize that ITIL is a growing field that provides plenty of opportunities and a highly earning and respectful career. Big MNCs like TCS, Infosys, Tech-Mahindra, and others are some firms that are using ITIL and allied software. So this is not exaggerated to say that ITIL is a worthy profession, and those who want to pursue a career in this field will surely benefit. Also, due to the lack of professionalism in this field, companies are ready to pay handsome salaries and other perks. Still, the condition is one that candidates should be well-trained and perfect in ITIL.
As the information technology sector is growing in the world due to the population’s dependence on computers, mobiles, and other gadgets, it also creates many vacancies worldwide for IT and ITIL professionals. So one can also get to go abroad and work with big firms. So growth is not the concern in this field; only the capabilities and knowledge of the subject matter.
Industries in the Field
1. Software industries: ITIL deals with the different kinds of software like updates, Processing, and other software-related activities. So the software industry provides many opportunities for ITIL professionals differently.
2. Service sector: A service sector is a sector that provides different kinds of services to Companies like- IT support, customer care support, and others. Also, this sector contributes hugely to the country’s GDP, like INDIA. So this sector has all the capability to absorb the ITIL professionals because of the high burden of work. They require multiple professionals for the same work, so ITIL, an allied IT field, surely produces employment.
3. Manufacturing industries: Manufacturing industries are those industries which are producing different kinds of products. Many computer-operated machines are also there in these industries, requiring the professional who operates these machines and the service professionals. Hence, ITIL professionals also get the opportunity in these organizations.
4. Education sector: As far as the education sector is concerned in the employment of ITIL professionals, this sector indirectly contributes to this, as we all know that institutes which are providing certification of ITIL also require the well qualified and trained teacher or instructors who give knowledge to the students regarding the ITIL. So in this way, the education sector is also a good option for ITIL professionals.
5. Government sector: If we talk about India, there are many PSUs and other govt. Stake companies that are working in the field of Information technology, like- BEL, SAIL, GAIL, and many others, so these industries also hire employees from the IT background; also, in the other departments of government, there is a need for technical employees, so in this way, an ITIL professional got a chance to get a government job as well.
6. Entrepreneur: After getting a good experience in the industry, one can also establish his own business or company in IT or ITIL. This is also a good option; many succeed and earn satisfaction. But to become an entrepreneur, one should be highly motivated and know his work properly in the field because risk has also existed here.
If we assume our present and our future without information technology, it is nothing and gives goosebumps because IT provides the facilities and comfort to the entire world; it is now the backbone of the world because everything is operated and depends on IT, we can take the example of mobile phones, our personal computers, all transport activities, etc. So actually we are entirely relying on IT for these activities. ITIL also comes under this. The demand for IT and ITIL is in direct proportion; if the need for IT is increased, the demand for ITIL will automatically increase.
But it is also necessary to talk about some of the demerits of IT and ITIL as well because this leads to improvement in it, so the most drastic thing is the threat to privacy and spying on computers which need strong cyber laws and strong protection software,, which save data from any theft and spying. So the companies working on protection software should try to enhance the software capability. Also, the government of different countries should work on strict cyber laws so that the breaching of data and other allied activities should be stopped and uprooted.
And as far as the growth and opportunities are concerned in ITIL, it is never an exhaustible process, so younger professionals should work with full zeal without any fear of a career.
This is a guide to ITIL Jobs. Here we discuss the introduction, position, salary, ITIL growth, and industries in the field. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –