Introduction to Agile Software
The following article provides an outline for Agile Software. Agile, as we all know that is the methodology which is widely used in the industries; in this particular methodology, work is divided into sections, and then these sections are considered as the individual work unit, with this work is completed on time, and also the scope of errors is reduced, and quality is maintained.
This type of approach is very useful for heavy and large industries. Now to work on this particular methodology, agile software is used; this software is primarily made by taken into view the complexities faced by employees while working with agile. So it reduced the effort and time taken and also enhance the quality of work.
Philosophy of Software
It is necessary here to discuss the philosophy of agile software because one should understand properly that agile software is not like other software that we used on our desktops in daily life. It is a very fine software that is created to handle very complex and hard projects, which is used in the industries. The size of the projects is quite large where the agile methodology is used, so agile software helps there. This software is designed in such a way that it will be easy to use, and also it will be compatible with any window. Also, the tools which are provided under the software are created by taking into view the works requirement, so it is used in any project which is handled by the agile methodology.
Development of Software
The development of agile software is not an easy task, and it is performed by professionals who are masters in information technology and who know every aspect of agile. While making the agile software, the view of developers is far sight because they know that time is changing and also the structure of the projects are also changing, so they try to put every program in the software so that the person who works on it will not face any difficulty and also the project will complete smoothly.
They use many methods to make software for agile, which includes:
1. Adaptive Software Development (ASD)
This is the old method to develop the software and is also used widely by the developers, this particular method helps the developers to stick to the programs and also provides the error detection tools, which is very helpful, so these some features give this method an upper edge than other methods.
2. Agile Modeling
Agile modelling is the other type of method which is used to develop the software, especially for the agile methodology; this particular method is used where the developer has good experience in agile and also where the reprogramming of agile is necessary.
3. Dynamic System Development Method
This particular method is also the well-prevailed method in the market and used in excess by the developers. In this method, as the name suggests, the “dynamic system” development is used; in this method, a continually changing technology is used to create programs that provide plenty of ideas to the developer.
Pros and Cons of Agile Software
Nothing is perfect in this world, and the same principle is applicable to agile and other software; also, there are some pros and cons which are given below:
- Agile software is the work-centric type of software; there is no other type of tool which creates confusion; all the tools are related to the projects covered under the agile methodology.
- It comes with the preinstalled debugging tool, which automatically detects the bugs, if any, in the project and removes them completely.
- As far as the speed, accuracy, and quality of the software is concerned, it gets full marks in all the parameters because due to these specifications, it has widely prevailed.
- As agile methodology required that work should be divided into different sections, so this particular condition is fulfilled fully in the agile software, and it very concisely separates the work into different sections and makes the work comfortable for the employees.
- More and less, this particular software is pro-employee and pro-employer-centric.
- If we talk about the security tools of the agile software, so these are not as much as satisfying because they did not provide the user with a full-proof security option.
- Sometimes when the load of the work is increased and when two or more projects are simultaneously operated, it starts hanging and also, sometimes, it automatically restarts itself.
- The real-time data sometimes is not updated properly, which creates problems for the employee and results in more time waste etc.
- Updating of the agile software is a little bit difficult task, and also, the updates are not easily available, which reduced the performance of the project as well.
- Sometimes it causes some problems when it is used with windows lower than the XP version.
Agile software no doubt is a good software and helps a lot in agile work Management; also, it is not exaggerated to say that without this, the agile methodology will not be applied to the projects. Today in the world of the fast pace of everything we can not imagine the previous methods of working, because now in 3 minutes a car is manufactured and if we talk about the other project, companies are in the view that as many projects are completed in a day or a week, it is beneficial, and all these things are not possible without the help of technology and so-called software, which help us to maintain this pace. But at this speed we should not forget that we have some duties towards the betterment of mankind, so emphasis should also be given on the betterment of employees because they are not machines and some liberty is also necessary so that they also enjoy their lives and work with full zeal to make a profit for the employer, this is the real equilibrium.
This is a guide to Agile Software. Here we discuss the philosophy and development of agile software with some pros and cons. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –