Introduction to ITIL Interview Questions and Answers
ITIL (also known as Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is a set of ITSM practices, and it mainly focuses on IT Services alignment and maintenance as per the current market and business standards.
If you are looking for a job related to ITIL, you need to prepare for the 2021 ITIL Interview Questions. Every interview is indeed different as per the different job profiles. Here, we have prepared the important ITIL Interview Questions and Answers, which will help you succeed in your interview.
In this 2021 ITIL Interview Questions article, we shall present the 10 most important and frequently used ITIL interview questions. These interview questions are divided into two parts are as follows:
Part 1 – ITIL Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic Interview Questions and Answers.
Q1. Explain the ITIL Service Life Cycle Model Management?
ITIL Service Management always tries to implement rich performance and business standards as per the current market scenario. To maintain and implement these changes, ITIL provides 5 distinct layers of life cycle stages.
- Service Strategy: It is the basic core level of the service lifecycle, and it is mainly used to check that all the policies and strategies are properly implemented and maintained. This works mainly from the high-level performance perspective.
- Service Design: This stage mainly deals with implementing the thought process and strategies to a different process and offered services from the user perspective.
- Service Transition: It mainly covers and incorporates communication between projects and operations. It also involves the efficiency improvements of services (whenever required) for better service transitions.
- Service Operation: This process is mainly used to ensure an end to end process overflow and stable service operations from the end-user perspective.
- Continual Service Improvement: This process basically implemented to work with the above mentioned four stages to improve the services and work opportunities and maintain a proper alignment with respect to the current industry standards.
Q2. Explain the ITIL Service Management Measurements?
These is the common ITIL Interview Questions asked in an interview.ITIL provides four layers of service management measurements to control and manage the different service operations and various outcomes.
- Progress: This mainly deals with the progression of the current service operations.
- Compliance: It deals with the compliance of the current industry process and market standards.
- Effectiveness: It works on the process to maintain the services effectively
- Efficiency: This deals with service maintenance and workflow efficiency.
Q3. What do you mean by the RACI Model?
RACI Model is mainly used to define the roles from an ITIL service and operations perspective. Find below the four sections of the RACI Model.
- Responsible: This clarifies the responsibility and the defined persons to process and complete the assigned job successfully.
- Accountable: It defines the persons who are accountable for assigned tasks associated with the different job items.
- Consulted: This identifies or defines the consulted group or persons.
- Informed: This defines the persons who are informed about the ongoing tasks and the corresponding progress for the same.
Let us move to the next ITIL Interview Questions.
Q4. Explain the differences between the Service Portfolio and Service Catalogue?
Service Portfolio basically deals with the services provided by different vendors and providers across different regions and markets. They used to provide the same with respect to current industry standards and customer feasibility perspective. But in the case of Service Catalogue, it provides the services and offerings which are mentioned in the Service Catalogue.
Q5. What do you mean by Portfolio Management?
Portfolio Management basically deals with the overall organization service management and their different artefacts based on the current market and industry standards. It has four different layers for producing the proper management representation.
- Define: It deals with the scope and business requirements that are taken into consideration.
- Analyze: It associates with the proper planning management process as per the defined business scope and requirements.
- Approve: This mainly associates with the approval receiving process for the works which are performed based on the scope analysis and developments.
- Charter: After receiving the approval, this is the final stage. Here all the planning and associated works are getting deployed and properly executed.
Part 2 – ITIL Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced Interview Questions.
Q6. Explain the different types of servicing operations?
Find below different types of servicing operations:
- In-Sourcing: It deals with internal organization management.
- Out Sourcing: It deals with external organization management.
- Co-Sourcing: It deals with maintaining the balance and combination of both in-sourcing and out-sourcing procedures.
- BPO: It defines the process related to business process outsourcing.
Q7. Explain different types of service providers?
This is the most popular ITIL Interview Questions asked in an interview. Find below different types of service providers that are the part of ITIL process:
- Internal Service Provider: It deals with internal organization management, and it has its physical presence within the serving organization.
- External Service Provider: It deals with external organization management. It deals with some specific and special scenarios as per the current market standard.
- Share Services: It has its autonomous presence within the organization.
Q8. Explain the uses of the ITSM Service Continuity Service Management?
Find below different uses of ITSM Service Continuity Service Management:
- It maintains the Business Continuity Plans.
- It defines the test plans based on the business scope and validation parameters.
- It identifies and analyses risk management and its preventive approaches.
- It creates and defines the ITSCM plan.
- It is also involved in regular risk analysis services.
- It also analyses the business impacts and comparative analytics from an end-user perspective.
Let us move to the next ITIL Interview Questions.
Q9. Explain 7 R’s of the change management system?
Find below the different parameters of the change management system:
- RAISED: Who Raised the Change?
- RETURN: What Return will the change deliver?
- REASON: What is the reason for the change?
- RISKS: What Risks are there is we do or do not carry out the change?
- RESOURCES: What Resources will be required to perform this change?
- RELATIONSHIPS: What Relationships are there between this and other changes?
- RESPONSIBLE: Who is Responsible for this change being performed?
Q10. Explain a few aspects of Service Designing?
Find below a few important implemented services:
- Service Portfolio design and management.
- A process, Measurement Designing, and Technical architecture analysis.
- Identification of business needs and corresponding approaches.
This has been a guide to the list of ITIL Interview Questions and Answers so that the candidate can crackdown these ITIL Interview Questions easily. Here in this post, we have studied top ITIL Interview Questions, which are often asked in interviews. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –