Introduction to Intellij Plugins
The following article provides an outline for Intellij Plugins. We know that IntelliJ is one of the IDEs used for development and provides different features to the user so they can use the features of IntelliJ. So we need to add the different plugins for feature implementation. For example, suppose we need to do the integration with different versions of the system, we need to track the issue, server management, and many other features we can integrate with IntelliJ.
- With the help of plugins, developers can work in more efficient ways.
- We can make the consistency in code, writing of code, well structure of coding, etc.
- It allows for increasing the productivity of code and is easy to maintain.
- We can easily do the onboarding process, or we can say that it is more user-friendly.
Overview of Intellij Plugins
IntelliJ IDE is nothing but the Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for JVM dialects intended to amplify engineer efficiency. It does the everyday practice and dreary assignments for you by giving smart code fruition, static code examination, and refactoring. It allows you to zero in on the brilliant side of programming advancement, making it useful as well as a charming encounter. Integration with form control frameworks, issue trackers, constructs the board servers, and different devices.
Coding helps support different dialects and structures, easy route hints, live sees, file watchers, etc. Coding practices that can assist you with learning another programming language. The IDE plugins create records that are utilized by IntelliJ IDE, in this manner making it conceivable to open the undertaking from IDE (File – Open Project). Both outside conditions (counting related sources and Javadoc records) and task conditions are thought of.
How to Install IntelliJ Plugins?
Let’s see how we can install the plugins in IntelliJ as follows:
- First, we need to open the setting of Intellij with the Ctrl+Alt+S key, after pressing we get some options as shown in the below screenshot.
- In the above screenshot we can see the different options like Marketplace and install plugins, here with the help of Marketplace we can browse and install as shown in the below screenshot.
- Suppose we need to install Scala then we need to click on the Install button. After that, we can see the install list of all plugins as shown in the below screenshot.
Different plugins are required and with the help of install plugins, we can see all the install plugins list. Most plugins can be utilized with any JetBrains item. Some are restricted exclusively to business items, others require a different permit.
In the event that a plugin relies upon some other plugins, IntelliJ IDE will tell you about the conditions. Assuming your undertaking relies upon specific plugins; add them to the rundown of required plugins. In the event that current plugins don’t give some usefulness that you really want, you can make your own plugins for IntelliJ IDE.
Install IntelliJ Plugins Disk
Let’s see how we can install IntelliJ plugins from the disk as follows:
- First, we need to download the zip or jar file of the required plugins.
- In the second step, we need to open the settings of IDE and click on the plugins option. On the plugin page, we can see the setting option and inside the setting option we have the Install plugin from Disk option, so click on that option as shown in the below screenshot.
- Next, we need to browse the downloaded file and click on the Ok button.
- After clicking on the Ok button we need to restart the IDE.
Install Plugin from Custom
Let’s see how we can install custom plugins in IntelliJ with different steps as follows:
Of course, IntelliJ IDE is designed to utilize plugins from the JetBrains Plugin Repository. Here everybody can have their plugins. Notwithstanding, on the off chance that you create plugins for inside use no one but, you can set up a custom plugins store for them.
Now follow the different steps for installation:
- Same as the above point, first we need to open the IDe setting, and inside the setting, click on the Plugins option.
- In the second step, we get a new page that is the Plugins page and here we need to click on the setting option, and inside the setting click on the Manage Plugin Repositories command.
- After clicking on that command we get the custom plugins option box, so here we need to click on + and need to specify the url of plugins or we can say that it is an xml file as shown in the below screenshot.
- After inserting the required details click on the OK button. At the point when you look for plugins, IntelliJ IDE will show you results both from the default JetBrains Plugin Repository and any custom archives that you determine. To peruse just a specific custom plugin store, type vault: trailed by the URL of the vault in the hunt field on the Marketplace tab of the Plugins page.
Let’s see how we can remove the plugins from Intellij as follows:
- Same as the above point first we need to open the IDe setting and inside the setting, we need to click on the Plugins option.
- After clicking on the plugin option we get a new window and here we have two options such as Marketplace and Installed. So click on the Installed option and search for the plugin’s name which we want to remove.
- After getting the required plugin we need to click on the setting option that specified the plugin and select the Uninstall command as shown in the below screenshot.
If we don’t want to remove them but need to disable them from IDE then we have the option to disable specific plugins as per our requirement instead of removing them.
Given below are the FAQs mentioned:
Q1. Which are the best plugins for IntelliJ?
There are many different types of plugins suitable for IntelliJ such as CSV, Multirun, Duckly, GitToolBox, Tebnine for Code Completion, Zero Width Character locator, and many more other plugins we can easily integrate.
Q2. How do plugins work in IntelliJ?
Plugin is nothing but the .xml file which gives all the information about plugins, basically, these files define everything about plugins. As well as it also includes the name, dependencies, and actions.
Q3. How to download plugins in Intellij?
We need to visit the plugin’s website where we can download any plugins we require.
In this article, we are trying to explore the Intellij plugins. In this article, we saw the basic ideas of the Intellij plugins as well as what are the uses, and features of these Intellij plugins. Another point from the article is how we can see the basic implementation of the Intellij plugins.
This is a guide to Intellij Plugins. Here we discuss the introduction, how to install IntelliJ plugins? and install plugins from custom. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –