Updated June 8, 2023
Norway is a Scandinavian country known for its mountains, glaciers, and deep coastal fjords. Apart from these Norway is popular for adventure activities like hiking, skiing, and fishing. It is the only country where a person can experience the midnight sun due to the prolonged sunset and sunrise. Every visitor can enjoy the scenic beauty of this European nation. Norway is home to different kinds of hotels. There are historic hotels in Norway, family-friendly hotels, and boutique hotels. These Norwegian hotels are made to attend to the needs of different types of tourists. Do remember to check with your hotel on which services they offer as different hotels offer different facilities. While today hotels are not the only option available for tourists to stay in, they still remain popular and thus they’re our focus.
Best Hotels in Norway
#1 Hotel Continental Oslo
One of the finest luxury hotels in the world, it offers beautiful views, world-class service, and top-notch amenities. It has been Eco-Lighthouse certified since 2011 and here are the details regarding this luxurious property.
- Address: Stortingsgata 24/26, 0117 Oslo, Norway.
- Price: This is a luxury hotel with a price range starting at approximately Rs. 29,000.
- How to Reach: The distance between Oslo Airport (OSL) and Hotel Continental is 37 km which takes around half an hour via train.
- Nearby Attraction: National Gallery is 0.3km away and Oslo City Hall Gallery is 0.2km away from this hotel.
#2 Thon Hotel Terminus
The hotel is in the middle of the city of Oslo. This hotel is within walking distance of the shopping center, popular restaurants, and entertainment arena. It is a budget-friendly eco-lighthouse-certified hotel. Here are the details, regarding this property.
- Address: Stenersgata 10, 0184 Oslo, Norway.
- Price: The price range starts at approximately Rs. 10,000 but can go up to Rs. 13000 and more.
- How to Reach: The distance between Oslo Airport (OSL) and this hotel can be covered via train in 27 minutes.
- Nearby Attraction: The VR Games Zone is 0.1 km from this hotel.
#3 Juvet Landscape Hotel
A famous Norwegian Hotel, perfect for eco-friendly tourists. Made over a grassy esplanade, the property comprises seven ultra-modern landscape rooms, two bird boxes, and a writer’s cabin. It also includes a bathhouse, conference center, and a traditional barn. This barn is where all the guests gather for breakfasts and dinners. Here are the details regarding this property.
- Address: Alstad 24, 6210 Valldal, Norway.
- How to Reach: While expensive, the hotel can arrange transport for you. If you are traveling by air, it is recommended you fly to Vigra and then drive to the hotel. You can also take a train to Aldanses, the art town, and then drive to Juvet.
- Nearby Attraction: Trollstigen, a serpentine mountain road, is a nearby attraction. It is one of the most scenic places in Norway. The art town of Aldanses is an hour’s drive away.
#4 The Thief
This is one of the several green hotels in Norway. Their practices include recycling food waste, using energy-saving technology, and preserving natural marine habitats. Here are the details regarding The Thief, a designed boutique hotel.
- Address: Landgangen 1, 0252 Oslo, Norway.
- Price: The price range for this hotel begins at approximately Rs. 28,000.
- How to Reach: You can take the Airport Express Train.
- Nearby Attraction: Oslo Archipelago, The Munch Museum.
Tips for Sustainable Travel
One thing every traveler keeps in mind while traveling is respecting the locals, their traditions, and their culture. Another important tip for traveling is traveling in a sustainable manner. Whether it is a luxury or a budget-friendly hotel in Norway you have chosen to stay in, eco-friendliness matters.
Sustainable travel tips include avoiding the use of single-use plastic, supporting local and sustainable businesses while buying souvenirs, staying in a green hotel, reducing emissions during necessary air travel, and so on. However, do remember, healthy sustainability is about striking a balance between your lifestyle and the needs of the planet- so travel, guilt-free.
Final Thoughts – Hotels in Norway
Traveling opens us to the wider world and enriches us culturally. Norway has a beautiful culture and offers scenic views to tourists. Good traveler not only enriches themselves but is also conscious of how they are affecting the place they have chosen to visit. They can do several things such as respecting the traditions of the place they have gone to, eating locally, supporting the economy, and staying in green hotels. Norway has several sustainable hotels in all budget zones for tourists, which are famous for their beauty and their services. Grab your ticket and visit these Scandinavian mountains now for a fresh start to the rest of the year.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Hotels in Norway” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information –