Updated June 8, 2023
Looking for a city with history, education, and music? Well, then, you must visit Chicago. Chicago is an American city known for its colleges, architecture, museums, and history. No wonder you are interested in visiting it. Yet where will you stay when visiting the city? In a hotel, perhaps. Although hotels are not the only option available for tourists to stay in, they still remain popular. Thus they’re our focus. Chicago is home to different kinds of hotels made to attend to the needs of different types of tourists. Please check with your hotel on which services they offer as different hotels offer different facilities. These are also subject to changes with time.
Top 5 Hotels in Chicago
Mentioned below are the top 5 hotels in Chicago:
#1 Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park
Chicago’s Front Yard is the nickname for this eco-friendly hotel, which offers on-site dining, a spa with a fitness center, and a lap pool. It is a four-star establishment.
Here are the details regarding this luxurious property:
- Address: 200 N Columbus Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, United States.
- Price: This is a luxury hotel with a price range starting at approximately Rs. 25,000.
- How to Reach: The nearest airport is the Chicago Midway. However, a more direct recommendation is to choose the Chicago O’Hare.
- Nearby Attractions: This hotel is within walking distance from Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile, and the Art Institute.
#2 Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicago
Equipped with a pool and amazing views, this eco-hotel is one of the finest hotels in Chicago. Here are the details about the property.
- Address: 221 N Columbus Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, United States.
- Price: The range for this hotel starts around Rs. 13,000.
- How to Reach: You can reach Hotel Radisson Blu from both Chicago O’Hare and Chicago Midway International Airport in under half an hour. However, locating this hotel via GPS can be difficult.
- Nearby Attractions: Millennium Park and American Writers Museum are close to this property.
#3 The Godfrey Hotel Chicago
A boutique hotel in Chicago, this luxury eco-hotel has a Cubist-influenced façade and chic accommodations.
Here are more details about this property:
- Address: 127 W Huron St, Chicago, IL 60654, United States.
- Price: The range of a room at this hotel can start as low as around Rs. 10,000.
- How to Reach: It takes around 21 minutes from Chicago O’Hare Airport to reach this hotel via taxi.
- Nearby Attractions: Hard Rock Café and the Barrel Run are popular attractions near this hotel.
#4 JW Marriott Chicago
While an older construction, this hotel in Chicago has been successful in lowering its carbon footprint and reducing waste on its property. Located in the intersection of art and business that makes Chicago a popular tourist destination, this property offers on-site dining and a fine spa.
Here are some details:
- Address: 151 W Adams St, Chicago, IL 60603, United States.
- Price: The range for this hotel starts at approximately Rs. 18,000.
- How to Reach: You can reach this hotel from Chicago O’Hare in under half an hour by taxi.
- Nearby Attraction: Museum of Science and Industry and Cloud Gate are close to this property.
#5 Virgin Hotels Chicago
This Chicago boutique hotel is eco-friendly and steps away from the iconic shopping, dining and entertainment of Michigan Avenue’s Magnificent Mile.
Here are more details about the property:
- Address: 203 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60601, United States.
- Price: The range for this hotel starts around Rs. 15,000.
- How to Reach: You can reach this hotel from Chicago O’Hare Airport in under half an hour via taxi.
- Nearby Attraction: Chicago Sinfonietta and Inductor of Healing are popular tourist attractions close to this property.
Tips for Sustainable Travel
One thing every traveler keeps in mind while traveling is ensuring that the beauty is there for future generations to enjoy. Thus, it is important to be eco-friendly and respectful of the locals in our visit. Aka sustainable traveling.
Sustainable travel tips include avoiding the use of single-use plastic, supporting local and sustainable businesses while shopping, staying in a green hotel, booking in advance to reduce emissions during necessary air travel, and so on. While sustainability is important, so is living an authentic life. Healthy sustainability is the way to go- so travel green and guilt-free, if that’s where your passion is.
Traveling widens our horizons and introduces us to new things. Chicago has a lot of history to share with tourists. A good tourist learns from both the history and the culture of the place they visit. We can do several things to ensure such places are there for future generations to visit, including traveling sustainably. There are hotels in Chicago in all budget zones for tourists. So what are you waiting for? Let’s go see Chicago.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Hotels in Chicago” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information –