Updated June 9, 2023
Introduction to FL Studio versions
In this article, we are going to learn what are the different versions of FL Studio. We will see from the most basic version to some advanced versions of this digital audio workstation software which is developed by the Belgian company Image-Line. There are basically four digital editions: Fruity Edition, Producer Edition, Signature Bundle, and All Plugin. In this article, we will highlight what are the different versions regardless of the edition, and we will see how the software has evolved to the current version of 20
Versions of FL Studio
Here are the following versions mention below
- Background wallpaper covering was fixed, and redraw is smoother
- Crash with default skin in palettized mode is fixed along with scrollbar
- Support of middle mouse button was added
- Added FLP file format with plugin editor and arranged windows in the view menu
- A new layout with piano roll was added
- The event track is now per pattern with new FX tracks.
- Song positioning is optimized, and typing keyboard to MIDI option added with the metronome.
- Updated DrumSynth renderer and custom controls added to the presets.
- FX window become a mixer with a brand-new playlist
- The audio clip can also be added to the playlist
- Beat to slice feature
- Added BooBass generator plugin
- Fruity Pad Controller (FPC) plugin added
- Automation clips in the playlist
- Arpeggiator tool in the piano roll.
- Tempo Tapping feature added.
- Popup menu engine is new
- Multiple midi input device is acceptable
- Edited events are in the recently used list
- Usability improvements.
- GUI redesign
- Flicker removed when resizing plugin window.
- Mixer icon glitch is fixed
- Granulizer crashing bug is fixed
- Synthmaker modular environment was added
- SliceX drumloop slicing generator plugin was added
- Parameter smoothing for knobs and MIDI controls
- Stereo waveform display in playlist
- Multithreaded performance is improved
- Janko layout is added to typing to keyboard
- A debug log is added in the settings window
- Plugin database is accessed using Shift + F8
- Added ZGameEditor Visualizer plugin
- Added Patcher plugin
- Added new project browser
- Sidechain selectors bug fixed
- Patcher updated
- New Control Surface plugin added
- Preset added for Drumpad
- Fixed joystick names of fruity X-Y controller.
- DrumSynth Live fixed distortions for multiple instances
- Fruity balance instance if fixed in wrapper
- Crashing of the detached bridged window is fixed for the wrapper
- The disappearance of the control surface editor is patched
- There is a 100 cents pause for the main pitch
- MacOS port is done by changing Ctrl to Cmd and Alt to Opt
- The overflow menu is disappearing when you enable the toolbar separators to be fixed
- Moving control over another glitch is fixed in the toolbar
- Use shift + click to resize notes and also prevent further moving of notes
- The usage of full sample is always unique
- The location of big hint bar window is stored
- The fixing of Edison which crashed while holding insert key
- Fixed the default mix level of the effect plugin, which was previously wrong
- Fixed preview of MIDI notes that are recorded, which was previously incorrect
- Fixed the mixer track resetting
- Fixed preview of recorded midi notes
- Fixed the freezing of pattern when inserting, deleting or moving when loop recording of video is done
- MIDI loop bug fixed when opening a preset for FPC
- Fixed freeze when opening some plugins in Wrapper
- Shift + Drag now works in macOS
- Added a .midi file extension where previously .mid was supported
- Soundcloud integration added by new export renderer song
- Advanced fill step sequencer tool added
- The news panel menu has an added link to the news page.
- Presets view shows an old color picker layout.
- Aspect ratio selector added to visualizer which is square 1:1
- Maschine MID device initialization crash fixed
- Line snapping automation fixed during recording
- Frequency Splitter added, which splits and process using Linear Phase and low latency filters for 2 to 3 bands which range from -6 dB to 96 dB Octaves. Along with that, for visualization, a Frequencies Histogram, Heatmap, and dual display are added.
- A visual tuning indicator is added in Instrument Tuner
- Even the Maximus has a new Frequency Histogram for Linear phase filter mode
- You can save custom size images by right-clicking and save still images.
- You can set the maximum file size using the File size warning before you get a warning to save the file.
- Now flat buttons are available in Toolbar.
- You can get the most recent crash logs using Diagnostics in the report.
- View menu has the piano roll Helper options
- Values in Granulizer are context-aware
- PanOMatic has is LFO on the XY control display
- Keyboards keys are light up when Keyboard Controller is interacted with.
- Memory leaks are fixed when opening a JPEG image on MacOS
- Improved the visuals of Chinese fonts on MacOS
- Values in FL Keys and 3x OSC are context-aware
- FL Studio Mobile has new plugins now
- If the language settings are changed from the settings, then a warning will be shown on exit.
- Performance improvement on Apple Silicon M1 CPU
- Note swap values are to Frequency knob popups are added to Parametric EQ 2
- A warning is added when you are exporting uncompressed video files in ZGE visualizer along with new open and save dialogs.
- The increments have been changed to 2 instead of 1 in the linked controls of the Fire controller.
- Misaligned visuals of Stereo Shaper have been corrected.
- Proper hints are displayed on the pads of the FPC
- Now when the mouse cursor is moved over the envelop editor, the hints are shown
- New open and save dialogs are added to the program in its entirety.
In this article, we have learned what are the different versions of FL Studio. We have started right from version 2 and have seen the incremental changes and bug fixes along the way and some major milestones until the latest version, which is 20.8.3, is reached when writing this article.
This is a guide to FL Studio versions. Here we discuss what are the different versions regardless of the edition, and we will see how the software has evolved to the current version 20. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –