Updated September 15, 2023
Difference Between Figma vs Adobe XD
The following article provides an outline for Figma vs Adobe XD. Figma and Adobe XD both are vector graphics editing tool, but Figma is a software or tool which primarily worked on the web platform and developed by Figma. You can enable its some of the additional offline features by different desktop applications while Adobe XD works on both web and mobile apps as a designing tool of vector graphics. It was developed and maintained by Adobe Inc. We can also use Figma for mobile devices by using Figma Mirror companion apps.
Head To Head Comparison Between Figma vs Adobe XD (Infographics)
Below are the top 7 differences between Figma vs Adobe XD:
Key Difference Between Figma vs Adobe XD
There is a lot of competition between Figma and Adobe XD but when Adobe XD release it had some lack of features and with passes of time it covers them up and now a days it is giving good competition to Figma.
So let us see the differences between both software by following points:
- Figma has a free tier facility, which will have an unlimited storage capacity of up to two editors and three projects, and these projects can save unlimited documents. The document can be saved both online or offline. It has Professional and Organization options, which are two paid tiers of it and priced at $12 and $45 respectively per month per editor.
- Whereas Adobe XD also has a free tier with unlimited project capacity, but the document file cannot be saved locally on your computer; instead of this, you have to save it on cloud sever of it, which has 2GB storage capacity. Its paid tier is about $9.99 per month, or if you include Creative cloud app subscriptions, then it will $ 52.99.
- With the Multiplayer feature of Figma number of people can log in to the same project and edit any document simultaneously, and you can see cursors of all active numbers on that project with a different color. After November 2019, Adobe XD has also included this feature in its beta version, but you cannot see the cursor of an active number who are working on the same project.
- There is an Observation Mode in Figma through which you can see the activity of other persons who are working on the same project and observe their all movement around the document. Where as in Adobe XD there are Linked Assets through which we can access a document which is saved in the cloud and observe changes on that document.
- In Figma, you can create designs, reusable components, text styles for the library, and this library can be used by your entire team. Where as in Adobe XD there is the same feature with the name Creative Cloud Libraries, which has the same functionality as Figma but not a very strong environment for teamwork.
Figma vs Adobe XD Comparison Table
Let’s discuss the top comparison between Figma vs Adobe XD:
|Definition: Figma is a vector graphics editor as well as prototyping tool which works on a web-based platform.||Definition: Adobe XD is also vector editing and design tool which works on web apps as well as mobile apps platform.|
|The next point of this table is the Compatibility of Figma with the Operating system: It is compatible with Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and Chrome OS.||Compatibility: It is compatible with Windows 10, MacOS 10.12, and their later versions.|
|The third point of the comparison table is where we can have this software: We can have this software by visiting on the official website of Figma, which is www.figma.com.||Availability: For having this software for learning about it, you can go on the official website of adobe lnc. which is www.adobe.com.|
|The next point of this sequence is Launched date of Fimga: It was initially released in September 2016, and the stable release or the latest version of it was released in November 2020.||Launched date: It was initially released in March 2016, and a beta version of Adobe XD released on December 13, 2016, and stable release or latest version released on October 2020.|
|The next point is supported languages by this software: You can have this software in different languages, which are English, German, French, Japanese, Polish, Malayalam, Swedish, Tamil, Vietnamese, Dutch, Chinese, Hindi, Italian, Polish, and Spanish.||Supported languages: You can have this software in many different languages such as English, Japanese, French, German, Korean and Chinese.|
|The sixth point of this table is the File format that can import in Figma: You can import different file formats in this software which are Fig, Sketch, PNG, JPG, GIF, SVG.||Imported File format: You can import file formats in this software which are PSD, Ai, Sketch, PNG, JPG, GIF, TIFF, SVG, BMP, TXT.|
|The seventh point of this comparison table is an export file format which is supported by Figma: We can export different file formats from this software which are PNG, JPG, SVG.||Export File format: You can export file format from this software such as PNG, PDF, SVG, and JPG.|
This is a guide to Figma vs Adobe XD. Here we discuss the Figma vs Adobe XD key differences with infographics and comparison table, respectively. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –