Microsoft Excel OneDrive (Table of Contents)
- Excel OneDrive
- How to Use Microsoft Excel OneDrive?
- Saving the file on OneDrive space
- How to Share your file with anyone?
OneDrive is Microsoft’s cloud platform where we can work, store and share the files. This is like a virtual storage drive which can only be accessed if we have Microsoft Account or Outlook email ID. To access OneDrive in Excel, go to the File menu tab and from SaveAs option select OneDrive. We can access the same through an Open option as well. Once we click on OneDrive, it will ask us to Login-in. If you already have Microsoft or Outlook ID then create a new account using the Sign-Up option. One any file from there, we will be able to see the Share option as well at the top right corner. This option helps us to share the selected or currently opened file with the people in the same organization.
How to Use Microsoft Excel OneDrive?
For using the excel OneDrive first you need to create your Microsoft Account which is free. Follow the below guidelines for creating this:
- Open a workbook.
- Go to the FILE tab.
- It will display a left pane window with some options.
- Click on Save As option as shown in below screenshot.
- Click on OneDrive option as shown in the below screenshot.
- Then it will open the OneDrive storage space as shown in below screenshot.
- Click on Sign up for creating a new account (Or if you already have an account with Microsoft then click on Sign In)
- After clicking on Sign up, it will open a Microsoft OneDrive portal.
- Click on “Sign up for free” button here. Refer below screenshot.
- It will open a Signup portal like below screenshot.
- Click on Create a Microsoft Account and set up your account and password.
- After setting up the account, it will open a OneDrive space like below screenshot.
- Click on Next.
- It will show you the OneDrive created space like below.
- Now you can use this drive as a storage space for saving and sharing your work with anyone. We can create our own folder and save our files.
- We have created our folder here with the name of Excel. Refer below screenshot.
Saving the file on OneDrive space
- For saving our file on OneDrive, Click on File.
- Click on Save As and then click on OneDrive – Personal as shown in below screenshot.
- Select the folder and save your file.
- It will upload the file on OneDrive or SkyDrive space.
How to Share your file with anyone?
For sharing your file with someone, you need to give them the access. Please follow below steps to do this:
Step 1 – Open the link Onedrive.live.com and sign in with your Microsoft account.
Step 2 – Select the folder and right click on the file which you want to share. It will open a drop-down list of options. In which we have to click on Share option. Refer below screenshot.
- It will open a dialog box. Click on Email. Refer below screenshot.
- It will open a dialog box. Enter the email id of the person with whom you want to share your file. Refer below screenshot.
After that, the recipient will receive a link and can work on the same file.
Things to Remember About Microsoft Excel OneDrive
- If you and the other person want to work at the same time on the same file, then use Excel Online option.
- You can easily access the file from anywhere if you save the file on OneDrive.
This has been a guide to Excel OneDrive. Here we discuss how to use Microsoft excel OneDrive and how to share a file with anyone. You can also go through our other suggested articles –